Login

russian armor

Loitering JU-87 anti-tank stuka too strong?

8 Jun 2015, 20:40 PM

Comparing it to P47 results in quite obvious over performance of Stuka AT loiter.

P47 is completely unable to wreck armor in single pass even if both planes hit, which is extremely rare occuranece.

P47 doesn't target infantry and team weapons, killing them just as effectively, stuka does.

The stuka have also excellent tracking, it'll get to half HP moving IS-2 in a single pass, show me the same being done by P47.

Stuka does what P47 does, except better, cheaper and it does more of it.

One thing that P47 have for them is the sight range, but that is it.

It can one shot 2 full health tanks in one pass. I've never seen a P47 kill a full health axis tank in one pass.
8 Jun 2015, 20:56 PM

cant be any worse than the P47 :P
8 Jun 2015, 20:58 PM
Donator 33

It can one shot 2 full health tanks in one pass. I've never seen a P47 kill a full health axis tank in one pass.

It only attacks a relatively small area once it starts firing. It's impossible to lose two full health tanks to one pass unless they somehow are standing right next to eachother.
8 Jun 2015, 21:47 PM

Replay please when stating such ridiculous stuff.
8 Jun 2015, 23:05 PM

There was a gif going around somewhere where SCAS popped 2 jacksons.
Not sure if it was single or loiter though.
8 Jun 2015, 23:09 PM

Its only one plane, when first gets taken out it stops. So 200 ammo wasted when AA hits the field. P47 on the other hand gives free recon for 5mins + has like 6 planes :D Both are fine in current state imo tho.

first of, P47 and stuka loiter both last the same amount of time, and there are 2 P47s, not 6.

Allied AA options are not up to par with axis AA options in terms of volume of fire, survivability and effectiveness. An Ostwind will keep you safe from P47s because P47s cant harm it effectively while moving and the Ostwind has superb AA that gets even better with vet; it can even knock out IL-2 bomb strikes if the plane flies over it. Besides the Ostwind, axis have things like the flak base defences, flak HQ, flak HT, and turret top gunners on most of their tanks. Compare those options to the soviets, who only have the AA HT that dies the moment it gets tagged by the Stuka strafe (360hp only takes 3 hits to kill from stuka), isn't that effective at shooting down planes and gets no AA bonus from vet. Top gunners are only available in 4 doctrines on heavy tanks.

8 Jun 2015, 23:13 PM

If you club your tanks together a strafe can do that, a loiter however targets always a single target and afaik the length of the attack is shorter.
8 Jun 2015, 23:29 PM

Dont you need to spot for your SCAS plane? I've had it where it was popped under a horde of enemy tanks and infantry and it never fired at them once i lost LOS which was about 5 seconds after I popped it. I didnt get taken out either.
9 Jun 2015, 01:14 AM

Permanently Banned

9 Jun 2015, 03:42 AM

The CAS airstrikes are the real BS. Pavlov's house with intense fighting on the right hand side, just utter crap given how fast it comes on and how difficult it is for tanks (esp. SU85) to manuever if they're caught in the trench works. It's fine in 1v1 but when you scale up the player count it becomes insane, just murdering tanks because people can't be paying attention to everything going on at once. When you're fighting on the side of the map the plane comes in so damn quick. The micro tax is very real.

9 Jun 2015, 05:42 AM

Stuka strikes just shut down all US tank in the area,especially Jackson and Stuart. And don't even mention poor ambulance.
9 Jun 2015, 06:02 AM

I thought it was about the CAS with 3 strafes for 200 ammo right? I've seen these planes wrecking whole armies. Infantry and tanks in the same strafe. Or cost increase to 240/250 or some nerf to the damage, but don't make it shitty like before the buff.
9 Jun 2015, 06:44 AM

If you club your tanks together a strafe can do that, a loiter however targets always a single target and afaik the length of the attack is shorter.

>Thread is about loiter
>post a cas video

I took once even 3 Kattyushas out with a single at strafe, that just won't work with a loiter.
9 Jun 2015, 08:46 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
9 Jun 2015, 10:48 AM

That was an idiot not to move when seeing the red flare.
So as any other offmap arty, losing to CAS is only yourself, you can blame.
9 Jun 2015, 10:51 AM

Have to agree with you for about 80%. There is also the posibility that you're not paying attention, because of an engagement.
9 Jun 2015, 10:52 AM

The difference is that no other off map arty delivers that amount of firepower in such a short time. Within 3 seconds of the flares dropping, the first tank was already dead. That means that if you were not already watching the tanks and started moving the moment the first flare just entered your screen, you lose the tank. You'd have to have a pretty warped sense of balance to think that is OK.
9 Jun 2015, 10:57 AM

The difference is that no other off map arty delivers that amount of firepower in such a short time. Within 3 seconds of the flares dropping, the first tank was already dead. That means that if you were not already watching the tanks and started moving the moment the first flare just entered your screen, you lose the tank. You'd have to have a pretty warped sense of balance to think that is OK.

Yes, and that's all you need to react, doesn't it?

Offmap are all like this back in COH1, and almost all the time before CAS Stuka can strafe, there is a recon pass. That thing is a perfect warning.

CAS can be identified by the ridiculous amount of LMG at the mid game, so be prepare anytime, period.
9 Jun 2015, 11:09 AM

Yes, and that's all you need to react, doesn't it?

With the command delay and the slow acceleration of medium tanks, you need more. Units like SU85s are guaranteed kills on the edge of the map.

Offmap are all like this back in COH1, and almost all the time before CAS Stuka can strafe, there is a recon pass. That thing is a perfect warning.

That argument would only make sense if ALL COH2 off maps were like COH1 off maps. But they are not, so why should the CAS strafe be like COH1 offmaps when all others are not? Should arty like Time on Target also only take 3 seconds to land after smoke? After all, that's how COH1 offmaps worked. Again, you have a warped sense of balance.

CAS can be identified by the ridiculous amount of LMG at the mid game, so be prepare anytime, period.

Bullshit argument. Just because you can identify a doctrine and know the abilities does not make them balanced. Case in point that you would understand: Guard motor.
9 Jun 2015, 11:30 AM

With the command delay and the slow acceleration of medium tanks, you need more. Units like SU85s are guaranteed kills on the edge of the map.

That argument would only make sense if ALL COH2 off maps were like COH1 off maps. But they are not, so why should the CAS strafe be like COH1 offmaps when all others are not? Should arty like Time on Target also only take 3 seconds to land after smoke? After all, that's how COH1 offmaps worked. Again, you have a warped sense of balance.

Bullshit argument. Just because you can identify a doctrine and know the abilities does not make them balanced. Case in point that you would understand: Guard motor.

LOL, I hate to say that you seems quite having tears of rage from, CAS, to be truth, your own mistake.
You know there are CAS coming and you park your SU85 at the edge of map? Seriously?
Even the slowest ISU152 can dodge the narrow thin AT strafe target hitbox.

US offmap 105 was almost that devastating, so as its P47 bombing run, and Brit FOO arty was like one sec.

Just the Ostheer LefH 105 barrage and railway artillery are shit, doesn't mean the others should be shit. USF armor company super heavy arty are more ridiculous because:

- have red flare, but no sound -> I named it ninja arty
- heat seeking tracking target, the shell fall exactly on the head on its target

CAS is in fact a good step ahead than the one click big area denial skillplane.

- it doesn't track, you have to predict when the hitbox land
- devastating when it hit, does nothing if miss

By this logic, complaining CAS is like complaining nades wiping your squad, it is predictable, dodge-able, and fail only the cause of your mistake. It is legitimately a L2P issue.

I may not blame you losing stuff to CAS in 4v4, because the field is such a chaos, filled with distraction. But who cares balance in 4v4, it is just a spamfest, blobfest, artyfest, guys play it for trolling or relaxing, not competitively.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment