Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht has to many "get out of jail free" abilities

PAGES (9)down
23 Jun 2015, 10:33 AM

60 munitions to save an unflanked panther that didnt hit a mine or get AT naded? Thats unfair?

60 muni to save an overextended panther? isn´t that unfair?
23 Jun 2015, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 17:25 PMJason

Shermans and T34's don't cost 175 fuel now do they. Unbelievable.

pz4 and ostwinds don´t cost 175 fuel now do they. unbelievable.

camon guys....try to bring to the table valid and fair reasons....not biased ones, and we´ll get better and valid conclusions....
23 Jun 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 10:33 AMFul4n0

60 muni to save an overextended panther? isn´t that unfair?

not always over extended sometimes defending , fighting some t34-85 or sherman..... then out of FOW two jacksons, and kitty needs to run quick. Better throw kitty litter sparkles as it runs to blind the enemy by the dazzle. Usually works as enemy tries to go through the sparkles rather than shoot through it.
23 Jun 2015, 12:12 PM

Free-Non Doctrinal Smoke
Against
Doctrinal+Pricey Smoke
Enough said.

Instant cover on the tank vs delayed pop that stops your tank in place to use.
USF smoke isn't free either and USF are much more muni heavy then ost.
Enough said.
23 Jun 2015, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 12:12 PMKatitof

Instant cover on the tank vs delayed pop that stops your tank in place to use.
USF smoke isn't free either and USF are much more muni heavy then ost.
Enough said.

- Instant cover on the tank vs delayed and ranged ( 3 smoke ) pop that stops your tank for 0.1 sec.

- So heavily dependant that they can spam P47
23 Jun 2015, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 21:13 PMBlalord

- Instant cover on the tank vs delayed and ranged ( 3 smoke ) pop that stops your tank for 0.1 sec.

- So heavily dependant that they can spam P47

Ost isn't really muni heavy if you don't spam LMGs and shrecks as soon as you can afford it as well.
How many bars/zookas you usually see when there is "spam" of whooping TWO P-47 that were saved for for the whole game?
Its not like USF have magical button to press to convert abundance of fuel they have in late game for munis.
23 Jun 2015, 22:06 PM

You will need lmg to compete against vanilla rifles
25 Jun 2015, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 21:49 PMKatitof

Ost isn't really muni heavy if you don't spam LMGs and shrecks as soon as you can afford it as well.
How many bars/zookas you usually see when there is "spam" of whooping TWO P-47 that were saved for for the whole game?
Its not like USF have magical button to press to convert abundance of fuel they have in late game for munis.

+1

A p47 that might be able to take out an escaped heavily wounded tiger, most likely though it won't kill it. Other hand OST can use lightning war stuka CAS and delete your tanks from full hp as it tracks and does not miss and does not need to be called in more than once to work. Oh yeah I think its cheaper than p47 too.
25 Jun 2015, 19:57 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:48 PMRocket

+1

A p47 that might be able to take out an escaped heavily wounded tiger, most likely though it won't kill it. Other hand OST can use lightning war stuka CAS and delete your tanks from full hp as it tracks and does not miss and does not need to be called in more than once to work. Oh yeah I think its cheaper than p47 too.

You must be the worst p47 user if you most likely dont even kill a heavily wounded tiger with it. I have many times killed full health tiger that reverse the moment it saw the red smoke and still killed it.
26 Jun 2015, 02:54 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:57 PMspajn

You must be the worst p47 user if you most likely dont even kill a heavily wounded tiger with it. I have many times killed full health tiger that reverse the moment it saw the red smoke and still killed it.

p47 will not hit stationary vehicles (even heavies) and won't land every rocket on a moving tank. i have no idea if it can kill a heavy or not (probably but i unlikely from what i've seen)
26 Jun 2015, 19:02 PM

p47 will not hit stationary vehicles (even heavies) and won't land every rocket on a moving tank. i have no idea if it can kill a heavy or not (probably but i unlikely from what i've seen)

P-47s by themselves cannot kill a heavy, even if a heavy is the only target.
26 Jun 2015, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 11:31 AMFul4n0

If a SU player is in need to repair a tank, both the tank and the engineer has to retreat too, same with OKW if you don´t have the T2 Build up (the one with the puma and free repairs)...

and of course, if you want to repair a sherman the sherman has to retreat to a safe spot...

So in the end, all factions has to retreat the tank, and only USF doesn´t need a RE to repair it....

That´s why your argument about field presence is wrong in my opinion, because this happens with any faction, if you want to reapir a tank, that tank has to retreat, not only the OST tanks has to retreat....so this left only the pio squad....come on, if your front line suffers because a pio squad is repairing a tank, your front line will suffer the same with the pio helping there...their figthing capabilities are really low man.....

And yeah, USF tank crews can repair by itself, but the tank cannot attack while being repaired if you use your crew to repair,while an P4 can shoot to targets while the pio is repairing.....and in addition, if you want to capture an abandoned tank as USF, you need to purchase a fresh RE squad for that (or loosing a rifle or other squad to use them as tank crew) while with any other faction, you use your cheaper volvks or pios or whatever and then reinforce the rest of the squad at your base...so USF is in a worse spot in that situation.

so USF tank crews have some advantages, but they have some cons too....and that´s why your arguments are wrong in my opinion and USF tank crews are perfectly fine.

anyway, noob here so only my opinion.

I think you're missing the point about 'manpower' presence. But you're right that the argument applies to every faction, except USF of course, but that's beside the point.

Instead of thinking about it as a pioneer squad, think of it as - the cost of the pio squad could have been applied to something else, a different unit.

Pioneers with flamethrowers are pretty effective. I remember I played a match the other day as USF and the opposing OST was using pio-flamers quite effectively. Needless to say I learned something new that day.

Also, capturing de-crewed vehicles is not any more of a problem for USF than it is for any other faction. In fact, I would say USF is the best at it because they're always able to exit the vehicle and swap with a different crew once in safety, so no units are 'lost' or 'traded'.

USF repair is the best, and I think that's a well known fact. It is one of their faction advantages, after all.

In regards to smoke and blitz - I think it's more an issue of frustration than balance.

With that being said, I do think a re-work of blitz would help alleviate the apparent 'op-ness' of the ability. Some good suggestions already in this thread, the most interesting one IMO was the tank gets a 'engine overheat' after using the blitz. Great idea!!
26 Jun 2015, 23:28 PM

Blitzkrieg god mode.

I saw that happen in a game i played today, it's one of the most unrealistic thing to happen in the game. I say it must be change to be still useful but not stupidly fast god retreat option. It make the game look so bad.

My opinion.
27 Jun 2015, 02:23 AM

Blitzkrieg god mode.

I saw that happen in a game i played today, it's one of the most unrealistic thing to happen in the game. I say it must be change to be still useful but not stupidly fast god retreat option. It make the game look so bad.

My opinion.

They nerfed it heavily already... Blitz doesnt really make that much of a difference on speed anymore (not enough to save it if youre any good with attack ground).
I can think of at least 5 less realistic things that happen off the top of my head.

Precision strike (i know its gone now... but it really was the dumbest thing ever).

Democharges in the middle of roads totally undetectable. (like you wouldnt notice a big black box...).

Instant engine damage repair (USF tank crews)

Marked Target, Magical plane of doom that somehow makes your shells do more dmg... maybe its a plane full of RNG priests. who knows... (AND the effect continues after death).

Button Target... harsh language blinding a whole tank crew behind multiple inches of steel rendering them totally useless.

Dont get me wrong... the bottom 3 are there for balance (top 2 just blow) but when you think about it.... Hans putting his foot to the metal in a crisis... is hardly the most unrealistic thing that happens on the theater of Coh2 xD
27 Jun 2015, 02:47 AM

If the ability was renamed "retreat" and could only be used in reverse I wouldn't mind.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS