Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht has to many "get out of jail free" abilities

PAGES (9)down
8 Jun 2015, 01:42 AM

It is very annoying when that tiger/panther that is down to a sliver of health gets away because it can just smoke and blitzkrieg out of there. Blitzkrieg was nerfed, but it still allows a tiger to move just as fast as a scout car. A tiger ace is very hard to kill alone, but giving it the ability to just smoke and blitzkrieg out of any dangerous situation doesn't seem right. The only ally tank that has smoke is the shermans and that smoke isn't nearly as easy to use the Werhrmacht's smoke.
8 Jun 2015, 01:55 AM

you have cheap mines, usf has crit engine repair and smoke.
8 Jun 2015, 02:21 AM

USF Rifles have AT-Grenades, Frag Grenades, Bazookas, BARs, M1919s, and Smoke Grenades that nullify MG positions.
8 Jun 2015, 03:14 AM

Smoke is fine. I do think using blitzkrieg to run away in reverse looks stupid though.
8 Jun 2015, 06:04 AM

The Tiger Ace itself is a massive get out of jail free card, as is the entire close air support doctrine.
8 Jun 2015, 11:18 AM

The ace imposes such heavy MP penalty on an already MP-Starved faction that it's stupid to call in.

The sherman also got non-Doc smoke, so nothing to cry about here.
8 Jun 2015, 12:35 PM

Smoke is fine. I do think using blitzkrieg to run away in reverse looks stupid though.

I agree but it would be unfair to remove it with the game in its current state. Plus crit repair looks just as stupid.
8 Jun 2015, 13:28 PM
Donator 33

The smoke on the Sherman takes time to drop, I think the point made here is the blitz smoke is an instant lawl card, and only the M20 has the luxury of that (and look at the hate that unit gets). Combined with the less that 5% hp that tends to troll you with main gun destroyed rather than that killing blow it can be a major nuisance.
8 Jun 2015, 13:38 PM

Combat smoke is totally fine... Its doctrinal and has reasonable cost for being an out of Jail card.

Smoke on Shermans is multi purpose. You can use it to cover your retreat or to attack fortified positions. In additions it is non doctrinal.

Inb4 we make doctrinal abilities useless.
8 Jun 2015, 14:01 PM

"Get out of jail [FREE]" correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't it cost munitions to blitz or munitions to use smoke? I know it ain't free.
8 Jun 2015, 14:17 PM

Agreed. To many get out of jail cards. So I propose to eliminate these get out of jail cards but hey, then you should agree to reduce the fuel cost for german armor.
8 Jun 2015, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2015, 01:42 AMAlec
It is very annoying when that tiger/panther that is down to a sliver of health gets away because it can just smoke and blitzkrieg out of there. Blitzkrieg was nerfed, but it still allows a tiger to move just as fast as a scout car. A tiger ace is very hard to kill alone, but giving it the ability to just smoke and blitzkrieg out of any dangerous situation doesn't seem right. The only ally tank that has smoke is the shermans and that smoke isn't nearly as easy to use the Werhrmacht's smoke.

What???
Pls stop trolling!
8 Jun 2015, 14:36 PM

Combat smoke is totally fine... Its doctrinal and has reasonable cost for being an out of Jail card.

Smoke on Shermans is multi purpose. You can use it to cover your retreat or to attack fortified positions. In additions it is non doctrinal.

There is one thing that concerns me.

Button.

Doctrinal ability that:
- cost MUNI
- require certain MUNI-upgraded expensive unit to get close to vehicle (get VERY CLOSE if you want to hold vehicle for more that 3 seconds)
- stay immobile in that vehicle proximity

is countered by another "click me" doctrinal ability that is CHEAPER than Button.

Inb4 we make doctrinal abilities useless.

Whooops! Already made.
8 Jun 2015, 14:37 PM
Donator 33

I can go to the T34 thread, where you state this but considering the smoke is doctrinal Johhny, and German armor performs well for cost. So why do you say the 76 is fine with no changes and that through a doctrine access ability the German armor is not? Irony abounds.
8 Jun 2015, 14:46 PM

There is one thing that concerns me.

Button.

Doctrinal ability that:
- cost MUNI
- require certain MUNI-upgraded expensive unit to get close to vehicle (get VERY CLOSE if you want to hold vehicle for more that 3 seconds)
- stay immobile in that vehicle proximity

is countered by another "click me" doctrinal ability that is CHEAPER than Button.

Whooops! Already made.

Super glue costs 15? Munitions while a teller mine costs 60.
The price difference between button smoke is 10 and any good player will attack ground when a nearly destroyed tank escapes button with smoke. And since you float regularly a lot of munitions whining about 10 munitions difference seems rather BabyRage.

Button is not useless. Especially against tanks that don't have smoke which is by far the majority
8 Jun 2015, 14:48 PM

More units need a form of attack ground or something else to stop having units revert to sipping tea the second enemy units drop out of sight, especially from smoke.
8 Jun 2015, 14:54 PM

I have bitter sweet thought on this smoke blitz. When I play Axis, I want my 1 and only Panther to live against multiple Allied tanks facing me, so smoke is a game changing ability. On the other hand, When I am fighting a Panther,my SUs and Jacksons should land that final hit and win me the game.
8 Jun 2015, 14:55 PM

I can go to the T34 thread, where you state this but considering the smoke is doctrinal Johhny, and German armor performs well for cost. So why do you say the 76 is fine with no changes and that through a doctrine access ability the German armor is not? Irony abounds.

Because he is on the alexandvar, queenrachet, katitof, Austerlitz team where it is all about crying the hardest about how terrible your faction is.
8 Jun 2015, 14:58 PM

smoke and blitz are most bullshit against usf, cus they have no unit to chase with to finish a tank.

USF tanks are reasonably fast, chasing with SU is the only problem.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS