Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht has to many "get out of jail free" abilities

PAGES (9)down
8 Jun 2015, 15:00 PM

Permanently Banned

USF tanks are reasonably fast, chasing with SU is the only problem.

speed isn't the issue m8...

sov have t34/85's and is2's bruh
8 Jun 2015, 15:04 PM

OH tanks are usually a means to come back into a game. SU/US tanks on the other hand usually seal it, and thats why survivability perks for OH tanks are fine both in gameplay and balance terms.
8 Jun 2015, 15:05 PM

wow an entire thread of people who don't know how to use attack ground jesus christ.

Is it seriously still 2013? Did this thread pop out of a time portal? I thought every figured out how to negate smoke by now.

And the Sherman smoke launchers are supposed to be used to disable enemy fortified positions (including MG's and other nasty stuff) when attacking.
8 Jun 2015, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned

And the Sherman smoke launchers are supposed to be used to disable enemy fortified positions (including MG's and other nasty stuff) when attacking.

comparing tactical smoke with escape smoke makes u look like an idiot.

inb4 u make up some bullshit telling me Sherman smoke and panzer smoke is the same.
8 Jun 2015, 15:12 PM

comparing tactical smoke with escape smoke makes u look like an idiot.

inb4 u make up some bullshit telling me Sherman smoke and panzer smoke is the same.

People were comparing it in this thread, both can be used offensively and defensively with one being more focused on one thing and one on the other.

For instance with Panzer smoke on 2 Puma's you can use 1 to get behind enemy lines and flank a tank and then use the other Puma's smoke to get you out safely. This of course is much less effective against players who know how to use attack ground.
8 Jun 2015, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned

People were comparing it in this thread, both can be used offensively and defensively with one being more focused on one thing and one on the other.

For instance with Panzer smoke on 2 Puma's you can use 1 to get behind enemy lines and flank a tank and then use the other Puma's smoke to get you out safely. This of course is much less effective against players who know how to use attack ground.

then he uses blitz, reversing faster than a Jackson can accelerate, attack ground misses, paks creep up, tank gets away.

Sherman deploys smoke, takes too long, dies. Even if the smoke is use preemptively it isn't that good. it just warns ur opponent an attack is coming
8 Jun 2015, 15:20 PM

then he uses blitz, reversing faster than a Jackson can accelerate, attack ground misses, paks creep up, tank gets away.

Sherman deploys smoke, takes too long, dies. Even if the smoke is use preemptively it isn't that good. it just warns ur opponent an attack is coming

The only thing that can blitz faster than a Jackson now is the PIV. And the reason the Sherman's smoke comes in slower is it can be fired essentially were every you want it meaning you have a lot more options with it, it also doesn't cost munitions.
8 Jun 2015, 15:21 PM

Sherman smoke is a godsend against a price style pak blob actually, because he can't really attack ground effectively if he does not have Los through the fog of war and you're moving in. Of course against someone who spaces out his Paks its use is much more limited.
8 Jun 2015, 15:25 PM

Exactly, The Tiger/Panther uses the smoke and then uses blitzkrieg, by the time you even shoot your attack ground that tank half way across the map. One of the annoying parts of the Sherman smoke is that it stops your movement, so if another tank is chasing your sherman you have to quickly use the smoke, then quickly move your tank again and hope it didn't lose any acceleration. The Shermans smoke should really be made so you can use it while moving.
8 Jun 2015, 15:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2015, 15:25 PMAlec

One of the annoying parts of the Sherman smoke is that it stops your movement,.

God bless you sir!
8 Jun 2015, 15:31 PM

^ who is this asshole?

smoke and blitz are most bullshit against usf, cus they have no unit to chase with to finish a tank.

I'm actually not an asshole, but quite a nice guy. Also i'm not telling you guys to stop posting. I enjoy reading you guys small bitch fights on these forums. It's like watching reality tv. you know you won't get anything out of reading it, but the name calling and juvenile behaviour can be entertaining...
8 Jun 2015, 15:33 PM

Permanently Banned

I'm actually not an asshole, but quite a nice guy. Also i'm not telling you guys to stop posting. I enjoy reading you guys small bitch fights on these forums. It's like watching reality tv. you know you won't get anything out of reading it, but the name calling and juvenile behaviour can be entertaining...

welcome to the forums "nice guy".
8 Jun 2015, 15:41 PM

Are we seriously now operating under the idea that USF smoke is bad? Because free smoke on your mainstay medium tank is pretty good.
8 Jun 2015, 15:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Are we seriously now operating under the idea that USF smoke is bad? Because free smoke on your mainstay medium tank is pretty good.

nope, just that nearly every allied ability is inferior to its axis counter part in terms of gameplay. same could be said about stock units also, and commander abilities.
8 Jun 2015, 16:00 PM

nope, just that nearly every allied ability is inferior to its axis counter part in terms of gameplay. same could be said about stock units also, and commander abilities.

yep, it "could" be said... would be wrong, but it "could"be said :lolol:
8 Jun 2015, 16:02 PM

Permanently Banned

yep, it "could" be said... would be wrong, but it "could"be said :lolol:

you cant prove me wrong.

you like posting bullshit I see.. carry on
8 Jun 2015, 16:13 PM

nearly every allied ability is inferior to its axis counter part in terms of gameplay. same could be said about stock units also, and commander abilities.

you cant prove me wrong.

:rofl:

Queen , your jokes are awesome!
8 Jun 2015, 16:15 PM

Things that cost nothing tend to be worse than things that cost stuff ~the more you know~

8 Jun 2015, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2015, 02:21 AMSierra
USF Rifles have AT-Grenades, Frag Grenades, Bazookas, BARs, M1919s, and Smoke Grenades that nullify MG positions.

Really, we have a AT-rifle nade that has a huge delay and a very small chance of actually damaging the engine unless you can get infantry directly behind a tiger which they are not going to let you just walk up behind it not to mention the power of the tiger wiping your squads trying to do that. They can also escape from being rifle naded by using blitzkrieg or at least getting far enough behind there lines before the nade actually hits the tank.

The sherman smoke has a delay that cannot protect the tank properly (i.e. by the time the smoke lands whatever AT elements are firing at it will probably have time to take another shot, also the smoke can only block because it is ranged about 30-40 degrees of arc around the tank unlike the axis smoke which gives full 360 degree cover.

Bazookas are shit and have terrible pen against axis armor. You have unfair hand cannons that can insta salvo all USF tanks.

As for bars you have the MG42 its just as good maybe better.

And smoke nades that nullfiy mg postions? most smart players I know will move back there MG as soon as they see the smoke nade go off or just retreat.

Completely agree with original poster. Axis indeed have too many easy buttons and the majority of the tools they have are simply better.

8 Jun 2015, 16:33 PM

Exactly +1
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight