Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfer and Lefh

4 Jun 2015, 20:01 PM

My earnest hope is relic takes notice and buffs atleast one of these 2 currently unused/weak long range artillery options for wehr,so there can atleast exist an option to respond to katyusha/priest lategame next patch.Not sure if this has been looked into in alpha.
4 Jun 2015, 20:13 PM

In the hierarchy of UP units in the game, the LefH and werfer are far from the bottom of the list.

Far, far below them lie the ilk of Irregulars. Units without so much as a hope of being useful.

The LefH can do well over a long period of time and the werfer is the best chance of squad wipes of any rocket arty if you're willing to make use of terrain and get it snug and cozy to its target. Are they stellar? No. Are they the worst? Not even close.
4 Jun 2015, 20:19 PM

In the hierarchy of UP units in the game, the LefH and werfer are far from the bottom of the list.

The Lefh could need some love as it makes some commanders shite. The options in this game is depressing.
4 Jun 2015, 20:22 PM

The Lefh could need some love as it makes some commanders shite. The options in this game is depressing.

I don't know. So long as you keep it in your base, the LefH can do some good long term damage. I've happily got those things up to vet 1 and left them on overwatch for serious lengths of time in 2v2's, small maps are its friend.

Every mortar or AT gun barrage on the map is now gonna get shelled. It's micro free for me and forces my opponent to constantly be on his feet with his indirects and generally suffer attrition even if he is, and I can always toggle it off if I want to hit something specific.

It's not the best, but it's not bad for 600MP. If it was fuel that would be a different matter.

Werfer < LefH for that reason.
4 Jun 2015, 20:51 PM

LeFH is easily the least cost-effective unit I can think of, worst of all, unless the other howitzers it will very rarely actually ever wipe anything. Not to mention that either Allied faction generally relies much less on support weapon play to start with. It might be semi useful in larger teamgames, in 1v1/2v2 its outright terribad.
4 Jun 2015, 21:21 PM

LeFH is easily the least cost-effective unit I can think of, worst of all, unless the other howitzers it will very rarely actually ever wipe anything. Not to mention that either Allied faction generally relies much less on support weapon play to start with. It might be semi useful in larger teamgames, in 1v1/2v2 its outright terribad.

It's terribad IN 3v3/4/4 entirely because of the short range, meaning it has to be far forwards to have a chance of hitting anything with the accuracy it needs.

It's still much more useful than, say, 3 irregulars. Or three AI partisans. Or any number of SU-76.
4 Jun 2015, 21:30 PM

Far, far below them lie the ilk of Irregulars. Units without so much as a hope of being useful.

The LefH can do well over a long period of time and the werfer is the best chance of squad wipes of any rocket arty if you're willing to make use of terrain and get it snug and cozy to its target. Are they stellar? No. Are they the worst? Not even close.
I can agree on Irregulars being shit.

However: If Irregulars are shit, you can still go with guards or Shocks instead. This is not nice and makes the commander borderline useless. This can´t be intended.

But: 105s being weak, meh at best and the Panzerwerfer being incapable of leading a long range artillery strike effectively means that while the Soviets suffer from one commander being useless, Ostheer has no viable lategame artillery at all.

A commander being useless and some infantry being useless whose role can be replaced by another unit is much less crippling than a whole branch of your army being ineffective.
4 Jun 2015, 22:06 PM

The fix for the Panzerwerfer is fairly simple, just return it to it's original 32 rockets fired instead of the 16 we got now.

For the LefH? Well, much longer barrage would be nice. If it's not going to do damage it might as well fire a lot.
4 Jun 2015, 22:47 PM

It's terribad IN 3v3/4/4 entirely because of the short range, meaning it has to be far forwards to have a chance of hitting anything with the accuracy it needs.

It's still much more useful than, say, 3 irregulars. Or three AI partisans. Or any number of SU-76.

I'll take 3 bad/terribad inf squads over a terribad piece of arty at 8cp any day. They can still cap and throw nades. Not to mention that you can call them in individually, thus suffering not nearly the same amount of opportunity cost, making the comparison moot in the first place. The Su 76 is very weak alright, but its not useless. The free barrage is certainly more lethal than the LeFHs...funny eh?
4 Jun 2015, 23:22 PM

Did they fix the issue where the Artillery officer could call in another barrage even though LeFH and Panzerwerfer are on cool down?
5 Jun 2015, 00:00 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Did they fix the issue where the Artillery officer could call in another barrage even though LeFH and Panzerwerfer are on cool down?

That's kind of the whole point of the ability, aside from the range increase due to the victor target weapons being different from the standard barrage. It costs a lot and requires a hefty investment into the units that can take part with the officer's barrage ability.
5 Jun 2015, 01:30 AM

That not an issue. It's a feature. The Panzerwerfer also fires it's original 32 rockets when you use the ability. It works on all barrage unit's including captured barrage units up into and including Sturmtigers.

5 Jun 2015, 02:22 AM

That not an issue. It's a feature. The Panzerwerfer also fires it's original 32 rockets when you use the ability. It works on all barrage unit's including captured barrage units up into and including Sturmtigers.

Rofl, so it's bugged one way or another and at the very least it's inconsistent. Horay.

While I think it's the shitty way to be balanced I do think that the inclusion of the artillery officer in Ostheer almost/sort of makes up for the individual lackluster performance of the LeFH (at the very least) and the Panzerwerfer.

5 Jun 2015, 02:31 AM

Rofl, so it's bugged one way or another and at the very least it's inconsistent. Horay.

While I think it's the shitty way to be balanced I do think that the inclusion of the artillery officer in Ostheer almost/sort of makes up for the individual lackluster performance of the LeFH (at the very least) and the Panzerwerfer.

It's not bugged or inconsistent. The point of the Artillery Officer is he lets you concentrate barrages on area's out of a things normal range because you need to walk to that place and shoot a flare at that area.

The fact it works with all barrage weapons isn't a bug either.
5 Jun 2015, 02:32 AM

Arty officer:
"Fuck your reload and range, feuer now."

As always.
5 Jun 2015, 02:57 AM

It's not bugged or inconsistent. The point of the Artillery Officer is he lets you concentrate barrages on area's out of a things normal range because you need to walk to that place and shoot a flare at that area.

The fact it works with all barrage weapons isn't a bug either.

Read what you wrote previously, you'll see why I said it's bugged/inconsistent.

5 Jun 2015, 10:19 AM

So basically can't fight katyushas at all,just stand and take it.Hope for suicide raids...
Whole faction lacks any viable endgame artillery.
5 Jun 2015, 11:52 AM
Donator 11

Wait if I de-crew my sturmtiger while reloading with friendly fire at rear armor and give it to an OST player he can delete stuff on the whole map?
5 Jun 2015, 12:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So basically can't fight katyushas at all,just stand and take it.Hope for suicide raids...
Whole faction lacks any viable endgame artillery.

Yet has the best off-maps in the game
5 Jun 2015, 14:02 PM

I don't know. So long as you keep it in your base, the LefH can do some good long term damage. I've happily got those things up to vet 1 and left them on overwatch for serious lengths of time in 2v2's, small maps are its friend.

Every mortar or AT gun barrage on the map is now gonna get shelled. It's micro free for me and forces my opponent to constantly be on his feet with his indirects and generally suffer attrition even if he is, and I can always toggle it off if I want to hit something specific.

Oh that reminds me, I tried sitting the LefH into Counter Barrage the other day, but it didn't do a thing, despite my opponent using the Katsusha all day every day.

Was it just out of range or something? I also thought Counter Barrage increased the potential range? I might be wrong. Basically I turned it back to manual firing because it didn't do anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★