Login

russian armor

New game mechanics you'd like to see?

6 Jun 2015, 13:05 PM

upgrades in the tech tree
6 Jun 2015, 16:14 PM

Mini-Map pings when your mines hit something.
6 Jun 2015, 16:42 PM

Permanently Banned
I would like a hold fire on all units and target ground on mgs!
9 Jun 2015, 19:13 PM

All ground that does not provide yellow or green cover is now RED cover.

That'll fucking teach USF, OKW, Soviet, and OST to spam or blob their bullshit infantry and MG's like it's fucking okay to just walk out in the open and shoot.

C'mon relic, map redesign everything. CoH2 fixed, and I did it for free.
9 Jun 2015, 19:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2015, 19:13 PM1[][]
All ground that does not provide yellow or green cover is now RED cover.

They're actually already the same thing functionally to DPS. Open cover (probably non-cover and non-negative ground) is 1.25 accuracy and damage, negative cover is 1.25 accuracy and damage. Negative cover's difference is 1.5 suppression over open's 1.
9 Jun 2015, 19:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

1. side armor

2. global upgrades like they had coh1 could really help the soviet facton.

3. be nice to see all factions have tank crews making it a mechanic instead of a faction gimmick.

tl;dr:
most likely none of these things are happening anyways but one can dream. :D
9 Jun 2015, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2015, 19:25 PMVuther

They're actually already the same thing functionally to DPS. Open cover (probably non-cover and non-negative ground) is 1.25 accuracy and damage, negative cover is 1.25 accuracy and damage. Negative cover's difference is 1.5 suppression over open's 1.

redesign cover. All open ground is now red cover and you receive bonus dmg and suppression. New system any units that are not vehicles suffer shared bonus dmg from small arms fire.

often volks, rifles, or guards will have a unit or 2 soaking up dmg while the rest pop back if they're charging as a group.

the idea is if a bullet misses, it will hit the guy behind you or next to you.

Hux
9 Jun 2015, 21:35 PM
Patrion 14

New Tactical Map.
10 Jun 2015, 01:24 AM

Customizable commanders!!!

Just imagine.
-Spotting scopes
- hull down
- mortar Half track or Stug E
- tiger
- loiter Stuka

Panther hull down + spotting scope = Insane tank destroyer

What about a commander that can be changed halfway through the game :D.

Also making smoke from mortars ALOT faster would be nice. It's one of those things that can be very useful if it was just a bit faster.

Also wouldn't mind nebel werfer from CoH 1.
10 Jun 2015, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2015, 20:43 PM1[][]

redesign cover. All open ground is now red cover and you receive bonus dmg and suppression. New system any units that are not vehicles suffer shared bonus dmg from small arms fire.

often volks, rifles, or guards will have a unit or 2 soaking up dmg while the rest pop back if they're charging as a group.

the idea is if a bullet misses, it will hit the guy behind you or next to you.

Good idea actually, but could lead to a lot of annoying infantry wipes.
10 Jun 2015, 08:43 AM

Side upgrades for ALL armies(weapons, additional abilities, armor, popcap reduction/mp income increase, WHATEVER to increase economy depth), especially for axis so its not YOLO into highest tier with no decision making what so ever.
10 Jun 2015, 08:56 AM

- Melee combat mechanics
- Entering and Exiiting tanks animations mechanics for the inf (that AUTO EXIT AUTO ENTER must be polished i think :)
- Damage visuals for the tanks
- Maybe some tank shots to other tanks go crit but no damage?
- Custom Comanders
- More equipmente kits options for all units (LMG for cons, flamethrower for GRENS, etc etc etc we want more options ;)
-Air vs Air combat fighters
- Option to deselect the Shrecks for the Volks and PGs (For a proper Anti infantry encounter) (like the pionner with the minesweeper)
- Almost forget.... RECONNECT PLEASE RECONNECT
10 Jun 2015, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 08:43 AMKatitof
Side upgrades for ALL armies(weapons, additional abilities, armor, popcap reduction/mp income increase, WHATEVER to increase economy depth), especially for axis so its not YOLO into highest tier with no decision making what so ever.

because going for the highest tier is so easy for axis atm
10 Jun 2015, 09:17 AM

because going for the highest tier is so easy for axis atm

10 Jun 2015, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 09:17 AMKatitof

You implied that Axis' best way of playing is to yolo into the highest tier.

Dont mention Axis explicitly next time to avoid very stupid and narrow minded people like me questioning your (soviet) greatness and game knowledge.
10 Jun 2015, 09:39 AM

I'm mentioning Axis explicitly, because they don't have a single side upgrade. By a long stretch you could argue med bunker.

Both allies have them, boring ones, still would like to see some more, but they are there. Axis have nothing, therefore I underlined them.

Hell, something as simple as making shrecks a 20 fuel(random number-just saying before butthurt fanboys kick in) upgrade would go a long way.

Get it now?
10 Jun 2015, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 09:39 AMKatitof
I'm mentioning Axis explicitly, because they don't have a single side upgrade. By a long stretch you could argue med bunker.

Both allies have them, boring ones, still would like to see some more, but they are there. Axis have nothing, therefore I underlined them.

Hell, something as simple as making shrecks a 20 fuel(random number-just saying before butthurt fanboys kick in) upgrade would go a long way.

Get it now?

yes master katitof
10 Jun 2015, 10:07 AM

1) Side armor + slower reverse speed + vehicle crews for each faction (without repair ablity though)

2) Throwing grenades from inside a building

3) Squads taking damage from burning houses and exploding vehicles when standing close by

4) Tanks not totally submerging when the ice breaks (at least near the waterside)

5) Reloading animation for Stuka zu Fuss and Stalin Orgel (like Sturmtiger)
10 Jun 2015, 10:12 AM

I'd really like to see some doctrinal units built from faction tech as apposed to all doctrinal units being independent callins.

Ex. Appropriate doctrines allow Tiger to be built built at T0 structure and requires all tech tiers to be built much like KT; same could happen with IS2

Or units that aren't 0CP right now like Shocks could be 0CP again assuming that they require certain tech, like T1 and T2, or just two nonspecific tiers like T2 and T4 or T1 and T2, the latter filling your tech requirement with less fuel.

It would still have powerful doctrinal units coming out later, but things like this would encourage different and more diverse tech paths rather than T0 or T1 + doc units infantry spam into heavy tanks.

Things like 0cp maphack radio could require a 100 manpower upgrade at T0 before activating.

I'm not saying that any of these specific units and abilities necessarily need or warrant the changes I'm talking about, but it would be a cool system either way.

And if the unit doesn't need that kind of adjustment, like a mortar half track or a unit that can cover lack of tech in a certain tier like air-dropped hmgs, then it can just simply be a call in like normal.

The non-doc panther battle group from CoH1 PE comes to mind. I don't see why callins shouldn't be non-doc or doc units shouldn't be in the tech tree. It would be an interesting feature!
10 Jun 2015, 10:36 AM

Infantry speed based on the equipment they carry.

Movement based on the slowest unit from the stack so you can keep an assault formation much easier ( I think Codename Panzers had this implemented )

Hold fire for every unit in the game

I liked the idea of not being able to retreat units if cutoff ( but the cutoff sector should be in enemy hands )

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★