Login

russian armor

Looking to Buy a Gaming Headset

31 May 2015, 04:49 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hey guys, anyone have any good recommendations for gaming headsets? I am currently using the Fata1ty one and its the most comfortable one I've ever had but the sound quality isn't great. I am looking for something with similar comfort levels and much better sound. Price range £60-£120. Thanks for any help!
31 May 2015, 05:02 AM

PC360 [head-fi.org review]

G4ME ZERO

G4ME ONE [head-fi.org review]

I heard they are good and especially the mic are super good.

I am not a fan of gaming headset, I prefer a decent head-fi, light and extremely comfortable that able to play everything, with excellent sound quality.

I am using this. [head-fi.org review]
31 May 2015, 05:18 AM
Donator 11

If you're using a mic for recording anyways, go for some decent hifi headphones.
Just for Teamspeak etc. you can always use some 5$ clip mic.

Examples for your price range:
AKG K240 MK II - half open, exchangeable cables, 2nd pair of velour pads
ATH M50X - closed, exchangeable cable
Beyerdynamic DT 990 - open, good casual listenners for everything
DT 880 - half open, also good casual listenners, but may already be to bitchy for starters

(there's of course many many more)
31 May 2015, 06:31 AM

HyperX Cloud, by far the best headset I ever owned!
31 May 2015, 06:50 AM

As kamk said, nothing wrong with hifi headphones and regular microphone.

However, my suggestion for the set is: http://www.engadget.com/products/plantronics/rig/ .

Had it now for a year or so and I've been very happy with that!
31 May 2015, 07:40 AM

Just buy a cheap one, mine broke so many times within 6 months. Last one 4 months 200 euros ( 160 pounds)
31 May 2015, 07:55 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have a look at some of these!
31 May 2015, 08:01 AM
Patrion 14

logitech G430, €60 and the best I ever had
31 May 2015, 08:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you want decent sound quality, get a real microphone instead of a headset. Condenser mic + pop-filter (which you can easily make yourself for almost no money) + small mic stand + pre-amp is what Ami uses IIRC.
31 May 2015, 09:10 AM

I've used Sennheiser HD280pro for 7/8 years now, which I've found to be great and they're in your price range (generally £70~80 from most places). I've used them pretty much daily and only just replaced the ear pads on them.

There is a version with a mic, but they are much more costly and as people have said, getting a dedicated mic will serve better if you use one regularly.

I make a point of avoiding products advertised for 'gaming' as that more often than not indicates the focus is making you pay through the nose for specific brand image (so neon, much wow) than creating a good product. It really just comes down to what works for you, a friend has had a couple of Creative Fatal1ty headsets, but I found them to be incredibly uncomfortable and leak sound like crazy.
31 May 2015, 09:44 AM
Patrion 14

^ I have very good experience with Sennheiser to.

I'm using this one: HD 201

Very cheap, but good.
31 May 2015, 11:17 AM

Im using the Sennheiser G4ME ONE and its amazing. Very clear micro quality and the sound was amazing the first time i heard it, but it obviously isnt that amazing anymore because im obviously used to this standard now and cant really enjoy cheaper headsets..

Keep in mind that its an open headset, youre able to hear your surroundings without any sound playing but people may hear the stuff your listening to if its loud enough
31 May 2015, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 06:31 AMkorgoth
HyperX Cloud, by far the best headset I ever owned!

Same one I use, and I believe it is the best headset for under $100.
31 May 2015, 12:02 PM
Patrion 14

logitech G430, €60 and the best I ever had

I can only second this. It's also not as heavy as some of the other headsets I've used in the past and the special cloth they use on the ear pieces is a nice touch. The digital dolby surround 7.1 also really shines in cho2.

The only complaint I had was that the microphone's noise cancelling was too agressive and sometimes cut you off too early but that has been fixed with a firmware update.
31 May 2015, 12:06 PM

I can only second this. It's also not as heavy as some of the other headsets I've used in the past and the special cloth they use on the ear pieces is a nice touch. The digital dolby surround 7.1 also really shines in cho2.

The only complaint I had was that the microphone's noise cancelling was too agressive and sometimes cut you off too early but that has been fixed with a firmware update.

I use it too :) You can clean the earbuds in the washing machine :)) +1 60 euroes yes, I don't use 7.1, i connect it directly to my sound card because the sound is a bit too low on 7.1 :)
31 May 2015, 12:26 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 12:06 PMherrtin

I use it too :) You can clean the earbuds in the washing machine :)) +1 60 euroes yes, I don't use 7.1, i connect it directly to my sound card because the sound is a bit too low on 7.1 :)

I just learned smth about my headphones :D
31 May 2015, 13:16 PM

The questions is, how much money do you want to spend?

Beyerdynamic DT-770 as headphones if you use a good mic. ~140€ or Beyerdynamic MMX 300 for ~300€ but you have to decide if the more cost is that great for your purpose.

Else, i would say Sennheiser PC 360. Evergreen
31 May 2015, 13:24 PM

Well, first question is Headset or Headphones + seperate Microphone?

Headphones usually offer better sound quality than headsets for the same price. That said, I use the beyerdynamic MMX 2 headset which should be at the low end of your budget. The microphone on it is relatively good for the price and overall sound quality is sufficient. For me it is comfortable, not too heavy, and build quality seems better than on many other headsets in this price category.

For headphones some of the recommendations from kamk for example should be quite good, they may be over your budget already though and you might want to try them out before you buy them if you can though because it is partially about personal preference what you prefer. Regarding seperate microphones I cannot really give you a recommendation because of lack of knowledge.

If you prefer the comfortability of having the microphone attached to your headphones like a headset while still getting better headphone quality for the price, there is the following solution: http://www.modmic.com/

With it you get a microphone that can be attached to your headphones. It is a bit pricy, but can be still worth it, since an equivalent headset could cost even more.
31 May 2015, 13:58 PM
31 May 2015, 15:24 PM

I'd recommend the headset I got. It's got a useful volume knob right on the side of it to adjust volume instantly. Microphone mutes when raised up. It has lasted me through several 8 hour gaming sessions and didn't bother my ears much if at all. It has a button on the side as well to optionally turn on/off an epic bass setting on the headset itself. 5.1 audio over 7.1 though but I honestly don't see that much of a sound quality difference, especially for a cheaper headset. Mic isn't anything special but it works pretty good imo(sounds like me when I stream/on TS if you're wondering). Overall though for about the past year this headset has been quite sturdy and given me pretty much everything I wanted in a headset for the most part. Only cons are(no 7.1 and didn't feel like pillows on my head).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★