Login

russian armor

Minimap is pain in the butt

6 Jun 2013, 17:28 PM

It will be awesome if you just let the player to decide what sort of UI he wants to take like hotkeys.
just put an option for us to select the type of UI we wanna use in game because for me the current UI+ Mini map is pain in the butt i dont want such graphical UI and mini map i rather to have a Mario style UI than this new graphical crap because i really dont understand what is going on when i look at the mini specially if enemy is at his base and you are doing recon flight over his base because of the structure look in minimap and unit icons i just see bunch of mixed painted stuff in red i never know how many units are coming to me? or what are they? because this is just too annoying each unit has its own mark on the minimap. if we have a tactical map we dont need a graphical messed up minimap i remember in a 4v4 game i had with mates i was just trying to focus on the game than the map because nothing was clear on map it was just an area full of artworks in 8 different colours. why dont you Developers just put back the classic UI and Minimap ?

Less graphical UI = Easier way to focus on the game
6 Jun 2013, 18:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i personally love all the flashing and detail that way i can tell exactly whats going on. all very nice cues some people find it destraction i personally think it gives you even more information. maybe make an option to turn off the blinking so there is none.
6 Jun 2013, 19:06 PM

All the flashing bells and whistles on the UI make me want to claw my eyes out, frankly. The worst is when you get your first CP- jesus, if that stays they're going to need to put an epilepsy warning on the box.
6 Jun 2013, 19:55 PM

Its very weird: The art style of the game is darker and duller, but everything outside of the actual game (the interface), is absolutely teletubby styled.

-The cover icons are super colorful and shaded.
-The flashing is excessively strong.
-The cursor change to vault over cover is animated, and frankly, it takes long to notice if you are going to vault. The first problem I had, when starting, was that I constantly misclicked vaults instead of setting them in cover.

6 Jun 2013, 21:40 PM

Subscribe to all precedents posts!
6 Jun 2013, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2013, 19:06 PMTommy
All the flashing bells and whistles on the UI make me want to claw my eyes out, frankly. The worst is when you get your first CP- jesus, if that stays they're going to need to put an epilepsy warning on the box.

I might have made the ui differently, but the 1cp flash is the only thing I really hate.
6 Jun 2013, 23:41 PM

Vegas, Baby, Vegas. It's like you hit a jack pot on a slot machine. And all the "power up" like noises. It reminds me of an old arcade game like donkey kong or something.

Curious to see how the game rates once it comes out. But it's going to make the comp stompers happy. All those flamer weapons early on, lots of flashy lights and gimmicky noises.

What a shame. They had a great game with original. Just needed to update the graphics, add the Russian faction, include stuff like true sight, vaulting, maybe some new units, and all would be great.
6 Jun 2013, 23:58 PM

One time I had the 1-cp flash show up and never go away, I think it took a year off of my life to have those neon orange/brown flashing non-stop for twenty minutes.
7 Jun 2013, 02:00 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Agreed 100%. The UI seems to have been designed for 2 hour Scheldt games where the players commonly fall asleep - this shit will wake you right up!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★