Login

russian armor

What do you guys think of the M8A1,Pack howitzer and ISG?

27 May 2015, 17:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 07:20 AMJohnnyB
Underpowered. The ISG. In fact, underpowered it's maybe not the right word. To expensive for what it actualy does. That's more apropriate.
*Insert NDA violation*
28 May 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 09:40 AMKatitof

Actually, you're completely wrong(surprise surprise here).

ISG is most effective at shooting ANY squad size or spread, because it suppresses them. It also have longer range in general, meaning when both shoot target at 60 range, ISG is even more accurate.
Pack howis larger AoE means not much when it rarely hits anything because of much higher scatter values, it might wipe now and then, but its rarity(IS-2 vs Tiger AI anyone?).

Neither of them really wipes anything, but it takes a single model hit from both to win an engagement due to suppression and ISG is much more likely to score a hit, therefore its superior support unit.

:rofl: so many lolz
28 May 2015, 15:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol I used the Pack Howitzer yesterday on Ettlebruck, 30 kills, vet 3. With it's vet bonus, from the center of the map, it can barrage the enemy base. :snfPeter:
28 May 2015, 19:06 PM

Lol I used the Pack Howitzer yesterday on Ettlebruck, 30 kills, vet 3. With it's vet bonus, from the center of the map, it can barrage the enemy base. :snfPeter:

How did you manage that sir? Katitof swears the pack howie cant hit a mammoth because of its enormous scatter values???

Did you sacrafice an entire goat herd to the RNG gods or something? Katitof cannot be wrong.......
28 May 2015, 19:52 PM

DAFUQ Katitof has it wrong?!?! How is that possible?
29 May 2015, 18:16 PM

Permanently Banned

How did you manage that sir? Katitof swears the pack howie cant hit a mammoth because of its enormous scatter values???

Did you sacrafice an entire goat herd to the RNG gods or something? Katitof cannot be wrong.......

To be fair I actually had to micro the Pack Howitzer quite a lot, keeping it close to the frontlines, using the barrage and white phos abilities intelligently, and keeping it away from enemy troops all to a significant micro tax considering it was an indirect weapon. However yes it paid off massively.

I used to think Katitof wasn't nearly as much of a troll/clearly-biased Allies fanboy as most people make him out to be, until of course I read his posts in the private Alpha forums. Never before until then had I seen such idiocy and clear ignorance in the face of facts presented from legit sources. Reminded me of this time I saw a conservative Christian who was preaching outside my school's campus get completely rekt by a group of Atheist students, and the guy just ignored them, screamed that they were wrong and went on preaching his bullshit.
29 May 2015, 18:29 PM

Katitof has way more clue than most people on this forum. Just saying. Perhaps not this forum, but the alpha forum DEFINATELY.

And i honestly dont think there are no reasonable people here that think that the pak howi/leig are fine as they are.
29 May 2015, 19:19 PM

Permanently Banned
At the same time I really don't think they need any changes other than cost reductions. Indirect fire weapons are meant for support, not to control they battlefield. They shouldn't be cheap enough to where buying 2 of them gives you huge advanatages like dual 120s do. Or hit 75% of the time. For right now their performance is just fine. The only thing I would do is reduce the cost of both by 50-70 manpower and reduce pack howitzer reinforcement. Thats it. They don't deserve anything else.
29 May 2015, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 18:29 PMBurts
Katitof has way more clue than most people on this forum. Just saying. Perhaps not this forum, but the alpha forum DEFINATELY.

And i honestly dont think there are no reasonable people here that think that the pak howi/leig are fine as they are.

Katitof's problem is any good point he might have had is lost in a sea of extreme aggressiveness probably gained from having a 500 post to 1 game ratio.

Arguing to much makes you bitter, and Katitof does literally nothing but frame even the absolute tinniest problem/issue/topic as the last helicopter out of Saigon turning even the most mundane discussion into a high stakes flamewar were everyone loses.

If Katitof played more, he would be a lot less insane with his wide sweeping declarative statements.

Still, at least the dude doesn't have his own personal fan cult following him around like I do getting salty in game and hounding replays I feel so sorry for him :snfMarcus:
29 May 2015, 20:37 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 18:29 PMBurts

Lol.

I know you just recently got into the alpha so I don't know what all you've seen, but he's made a pretty good case against himself imo. I realize the alpha is full of scrubs, but when you start defending OP stuff against players clearly way better than him (in vanilla coh2.org rank ofc) it just makes him look unintelligent, especially when all he can do is throw in some snide remark insinuating how dumb the thread maker is, and perhaps if you're lucky a short stat comparison, this number > this number, therefore I'm right, etc etc. Then you may start to see where I'm coming from.

I'm ending my 2 cents in this line of discussion since it's offtopic and inb4 nazimod intervention

btw my game that I used the pack howi in was in the alpha, so idk if you still think it's crappiness applies there too.
29 May 2015, 20:55 PM

When someone goes in and claims the stuff that is and was fine since forever is suddenly op or new stuff that actually is severely underpowered to the point of being SU-76 and claims it as most OP thing in the world, then yea, I'll come in and try to knock some sense into him.

Also, weren't you banned from alpha forum together with another lolcake clone? Or I'm thinking about someone else here?
29 May 2015, 21:02 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 20:55 PMKatitof
When someone goes in and claims the stuff that is and was fine since forever is suddenly op or new stuff that actually is severely underpowered to the point of being SU-76 and claims it as most OP thing in the world, then yea, I'll come in and try to knock some sense into him.

Also, weren't you banned from alpha forum together with another lolcake clone? Or I'm thinking about someone else here?

erm, I'm SneakKing. Idk who you're talking about; havent been banned. I don't post that much on the alpha forum but I read most threads.

And I wasn't referring to SU76, gj breaking NDA. :facepalm:
29 May 2015, 21:09 PM

Apparently you have hard time with reading comprehension or getting metaphor...
Could have confused you with someone else as I'm horrible with remembering names, therefore I asked and not stated.

But please, en-light me, how mentioning SU-76 state on live servers breaks NDA as I'm extremely curious to that.
29 May 2015, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 20:55 PMKatitof

How can you know if something is OP or not when you don't play the game.

29 May 2015, 21:22 PM

How can you know if something is OP or not when you don't play the game.

Thats pretty much how I(and many others) see your comments.
It shows where you come from and how much value they have.

I also find it completely hilarious that someone who believes M-42 at gun is good against medium tanks tells me that I don't play the game.

Dude, the only one who was more detached then you from reality on this boards was lolcake.
29 May 2015, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 21:22 PMKatitof

Thats pretty much how I(and many others) see your comments.
It shows where you come from and how much value they have.

I also find it completely hilarious that someone who believes M-42 at gun is good against medium tanks tells me that I don't play the game.

Dude, the only one who was more detached then you from reality on this boards was lolcake.

I love how you dodge the fact you haven't played a single game in months and instead go on the offensive.

To humor you; the M-42 in numbers and can be scary to light medium tanks like Ostwind and StuG III, on close range maps it works. It also vet's up insanely fast because like the Pak43 it never got the verterancy gain for it adjusted. It's a low MP cost unit that shoots at tanks lots of times. Once it gets some vet it can be a fairly big pain in the side of a PIV spammer.

To bad it's trapped in Eddlebruck Station Tactics and Pissmunnity Defense Tactics.

Of course it's hard to know that because you can't use units in a game you don't play.

29 May 2015, 21:47 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I love how you dodge the fact you haven't played a single game in months and instead go on the offensive.

To humor you; the M-42 in numbers and can be scary to light medium tanks like Ostwind and StuG III, on close range maps it works. It also vet's up insanely fast because like the Pak43 it never got the verterancy gain for it adjusted. It's a low MP cost unit that shoots at tanks lots of times. Once it gets some vet it can be a fairly big pain in the side of a PIV spammer.

To bad it's trapped in Eddlebruck Station Tactics and Pissmunnity Defense Tactics.

Of course it's hard to know that because you can't use units in a game you don't play.

I'm suggesting to everyone that we quit with this ad hominem bullshit and uh, get back to the topic.

Alex, no Jagdpanzer will crush me or any other Bears.
29 May 2015, 21:59 PM

I'm suggesting to everyone that we quit with this ad hominem bullshit and uh, get back to the topic.

Alex, no Jagdpanzer will crush me or any other Bears.

What?

29 May 2015, 22:19 PM

Ignorance is bliss.

Just because you repeat bullshit until you believe it yourself doesn't make it right.
Go on, ask Braciszek or AchtAchter or ofield when they have seen me online last time.

To humor you:
SU-76 in numbers can kill tiger, its still a piece of shit.

You're so full of shit that you could work as a full time fertilizer.

Now get out of here and let adults talk.

29 May 2015, 22:24 PM

[Guys, Please stop flaming on Katitof. As While disagreements with users are fine, targeting and railing on a specific person is totally unacceptable.]
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★