Login

russian armor

Riegel AT mines

• This thread is locked
6 Jun 2013, 07:07 AM

Has anyone used the Riegel AT mines that can be deployed by your halftracks after 2 pts into the Elefant doctrine?
From looking at the stats on CoH2 stats, they are exactly the same as the normal German AT mines except that the Riegel AT mines deal 1/5 less damage (500 vs. 400). They even cost the same and their deployment time isn't even faster. Deploying them ingame takes ages (didn't test it next to pios though) and their effect doesn't seem all that spectacular...

So what is their point? Am I missing something?
6 Jun 2013, 07:16 AM

I've used them, just think of them as AT mines that can be laid from halftracks. I think they cost less than the pio mine (45 muni vs 60 muni). They also cause a immobilisation crit everytime I think. Just today a T70 shot at the Riegel AT mine underneath my P4 and immobilised it at half health right outside the soviet base. I wasn't happy at all >:(
6 Jun 2013, 07:20 AM

Are you sure about the price? I tried them vs. comps tonight and I think they cost 60 muni, just like the other mines. Might be a mixup in my head though.
6 Jun 2013, 12:27 PM

They cost 60 munni. But yeah, I think they immobilize everytime.
Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a doctrine only thing, because... damagewise they aren't even an improvment (neither munni wise), you can only lay them with one special Unit... it's not faster... almost the same. The doctrine feels wasted for that.

A + for the RiegelMine might be that the enemy can't see that you lay it. But I am not even sure that this is true.
6 Jun 2013, 14:00 PM

They cost 60 munni. But yeah, I think they immobilize everytime.
Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a doctrine only thing, because... damagewise they aren't even an improvment (neither munni wise), you can only lay them with one special Unit... it's not faster... almost the same. The doctrine feels wasted for that.

A + for the RiegelMine might be that the enemy can't see that you lay it. But I am not even sure that this is true.

That were basically my thoughts, too... I mean it doesn't have to be very strong but it should at least be a bit unique. Damage-wise they deal 400 dmg vs. the 500 dmg of the normal AT mines (vs. 200, the Russian mines), at least according to CoH2stats. No idea if their numbers are correct/up-to-date.
Although the always immobilize sounds useful, it being spawned from a special unit that you often just get 1 of and that you normally can't afford to have sitting around in one place for too long is a large limitation. Plus you often get the halftrack before getting to 2 CP.

I think one thing that might make them unique would be if they'd be a bit larger and have a larger activation area than normal mines. After all, they were 80 cm long and had a much larger activation plate.

Or just allow engineers to build them, too?
Or maybe just speed up the placement... the halftrack is really stuck for too long in one spot to plant that mine.

Or maybe just move it to 1 CP so it comes a bit earlier so you have more time to place it?
6 Jun 2013, 14:10 PM

All the germans need are normal mines, not these funky doctrinal mines. It's impossible for the germans to defend their flanks with mines which is a huge shortcoming of coh2, especially since the russians actually can..
6 Jun 2013, 14:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Notably faster deployment needed on Riegel.

/thread.
29 Aug 2016, 23:57 PM
Donator 11

+1 OP.
Relic ran out of ideas and thought laying mines by a halftrack would be a 'cool' idea.
Half Track Regals should have cause catastrophic damage to light tanks, mass criticals to mediums, and immobilisation on heavies. Then they'd be useful.

With the latest nerf, mines are a waste of munis.

Epic necro :D
30 Aug 2016, 00:00 AM

A Nullist thread. 'Tis a fine day indeed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★