Login

russian armor

Skilled players,levels,Smurfs etc.

29 May 2015, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 10:39 AMCorsin
Yeah theres a few top players who seem to smurf (spare CD keys on other steam accounts).

Pretty sad tbh but it happens.

Or you create a new steam account and use Steam family Sharing
29 May 2015, 06:59 AM

I'm gonna put it simple. If you are a good player, you will get high ranked, if you are a bad player, sooner or later rank will put you on your place.

There is only one little thing you miss here: Players that can't spend all day playing COH series but they are still decent at.
29 May 2015, 09:15 AM

I'm gonna put it simple. If you are a good player, you will get high ranked, if you are a bad player, sooner or later rank will put you on your place.

Yes. Awesome. We are tired of the smurfdiscussions I see. The topic of the thread.
29 May 2015, 19:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 06:59 AMJohnnyB

There is only one little thing you miss here: Players that can't spend all day playing COH series but they are still decent at.

If you are decent, then you should be winning the low amount of games you are playing.

Yes. Awesome. We are tired of the smurfdiscussions I see. The topic of the thread.

If your real skill level is higher to what your rank is showing up, you should be defeating your opponents easily.

People just like to put excusses at everything. If you lose, that's because you could had done something better or your opponent is simply better than you or using stronger tactics (meta).
29 May 2015, 20:02 PM

Well, the issue with smurfing is that highly skilled players are still in the lower levels of matchmaking, which brings down the rank of higher ranked players, which makes it harder for matchmaking to be accurate.

I think it's more that rank doesn't correlate with skill as much as people think or want it to, rather than they're just not as high ranked as they want ot think they should be.
29 May 2015, 20:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And how are those highskill players low ranked, unless they just concede everysingle game?
People might be confused that even if a player is top100, he will be matched against a 5000rank guy, given some time to the MM. I think the system should had some kind of barrier to avoid such disparity.
29 May 2015, 22:21 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2015, 06:05 AMGrumpy

GOBS - Grumpy Old Bear Smurfs, would be a subset of The Angry Bears

Been there. Done that.

http://www.coh2.org/forum/104/stomach-battalion

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showforum=1773

USED to be the biggest clan in Coh by quite a bit. Alas....kids, jobs, wives, new games, poor balance, boredom are OP.
30 May 2015, 08:25 AM

If you are decent, then you should be winning the low amount of games you are playing.

And what percentage of it? Here is where we touch the probem. If such a player is automatched with a 24/7 coh player but with lower stats (because smurf account) he will be smashed. This is where it becomes unfair.
30 May 2015, 13:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

And how are those highskill players low ranked, unless they just concede everysingle game?
People might be confused that even if a player is top100, he will be matched against a 5000rank guy, given some time to the MM. I think the system should had some kind of barrier to avoid such disparity.

Exactly. If you really are highly skilled you'll have no trouble getting placed in the top 100 after your 10 placement games. Even after that you climb the ladder very fast if you keep winning, so past your first 10 games you almost don't get to play against lower skilled opponents solely based on your MM rank.

The only instance where you get matched against lower skilled opponents is when you've been searching for a long time and no opponents of your skill level have been found, so the search radius expands and the matchmaker will give you pretty much whoever is available. But that happens even to non smurf accounts.

So unless those smurfs lose all the time (in which case no one would be complaining) or there are no players of their skill level playing when they search for a game, they won't get matched against lower skilled players.
30 May 2015, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 22:21 PMMortar

Been there. Done that.

http://www.coh2.org/forum/104/stomach-battalion

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showforum=1773

USED to be the biggest clan in Coh by quite a bit. Alas....kids, jobs, wives, new games, poor balance, boredom are OP.

Well, I meet the age requirement by about 2x.
30 May 2015, 16:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2015, 08:25 AMJohnnyB

And what percentage of it? Here is where we touch the probem. If such a player is automatched with a 24/7 coh player but with lower stats (because smurf account) he will be smashed. This is where it becomes unfair.

Twister explains it well. Unless the smurf is conceding 50% of it's games, he won't have a low ranking if he is a good player.

Also, having "several" abandoned account doesn't work, cause the ladder decay is so slow that it won't move you too much (haven't play a random 2v2 game on more than a year and it still shows up as 1400).
30 May 2015, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 16:31 PMVonIvan
This thread :foreveralone:

What exactly is this thread?
30 May 2015, 17:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

• I'm not an "elder" (Jesus, guys, u really push it though, :P ), but it's very possible to be way good with fewer than 100 games. As people said before, some may have extensive experience with CoH1, and some other RTS's experience sure "leak" to CoH, which is less demanding, considering Actions per Minute (APM). I feel your pain with my 35 years

Also, when you're younger, you "get" the game much faster than someone with a little more years; this is specially true for teens. It's the brain, that during this part of life cicle, can deal with a lot new information, you still have fast reflexes. Retirement of gaming, considering professionals, come at a very early age, even earlier than, say, soccer players.

Another important thing is the use of hotkeys and rapid look and decision-taking of screens, which leads to sometimes this "jumpy" gaming. I don't like it either, but it's the difference of me, a casual player, and the professional.

+1 :)
2 Jun 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2015, 08:25 AMJohnnyB

Doesn't make sense. If you don't play enough to progress, facing smurf or not, you are going to lose vs people playing more regularly and improving their skill.
Nothing really unfair here.

2 Jun 2015, 13:03 PM

If your real skill level is higher to what your rank is showing up, you should be defeating your opponents easily.

People just like to put excusses at everything. If you lose, that's because you could had done something better or your opponent is simply better than you or using stronger tactics (meta).

+1 - If someone who is good is smurfing and they win all 10 games to get a rank, that rank would probably be at worst 3000, and wouldn't drop anyone's elo rank that much, unless it was another elite that they beat.

Creating a second account, comparing the win rate to your primary, and then deciding that your losses were because of noobs is misleading. If you play the second account enough, you'll end up matched against the people who gave your first account its win/loss ratio.

Occasionally, I run into people who aren't even prestige 1 yet they play much better than some of the prestige 3's. It isn't a big deal. Save the replay, watch it, learn, and go on.
2 Jun 2015, 14:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2015, 13:03 PMGrumpy

+1 - If someone who is good is smurfing and they win all 10 games to get a rank, that rank would probably be at worst 3000, and wouldn't drop anyone's elo rank that much, unless it was another elite that they beat.

Creating a second account, comparing the win rate to your primary, and then deciding that your losses were because of noobs is misleading. If you play the second account enough, you'll end up matched against the people who gave your first account its win/loss ratio.

Occasionally, I run into people who aren't even prestige 1 yet they play much better than some of the prestige 3's. It isn't a big deal. Save the replay, watch it, learn, and go on.

If they win all their first 10 games, i'll say you are probably top100/200 FOR SURE.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment