Login

russian armor

Skilled players,levels,Smurfs etc.

20 May 2015, 10:35 AM

I confess that I'm a kind of Smurf,I play only the maps I like ,so if the automach don't give me one of the pretended map ,I quit. I said it because I have more defeats than victories,but 9 in 10 are fakes,and as I'm in the middle of the rank ladder I face normal players,but some times when I win very games in a row,I jump to coh2 premier league,and I found players that simple wipe me from the game before I notice what's happen,simple as that.Then I look for their stats and sometimes I found guys with a couple of games ,sometimes less than 100,it's not possible,people with so few games can't play like that,so two things may occur,people have two or more accounts,or use two computers,or different installation and use the steam cloud to cheat the ranks. Well,all this because I'm sick to be humiliated by guys with less than 1/4 or my games,is that Im a almost 50 years old guy,who still play this addictive game,but wont improve much more.Tanks for the comprehension.
20 May 2015, 10:39 AM

Yeah theres a few top players who seem to smurf (spare CD keys on other steam accounts).

Pretty sad tbh but it happens.
20 May 2015, 10:45 AM

It´s very well possible to be good in under 100 games. I dare to say I was skilled after the first 5 games of Coh2. Reason for that might be the similarities to Coh1, where I had about 2000 games from 2006-2012.
20 May 2015, 10:54 AM

Skill is not totally linked with played time or numbers of game.
20 May 2015, 11:17 AM
Patrion 15

may be a smurfing issue but not necessarily.

i belong to the club of the elderly myself and i would guess that the 20 year old version of me with the experience of fewer than a 100 games would beat the current 40 year old version of me with 1000+ games mercilessly.

of course the same 20 year old me would get beaten badly be another guy with the same experience but more talent.

while experience is a factor in coh2, skill and talent are much more important
20 May 2015, 12:50 PM

may be a smurfing issue but not necessarily.

i belong to the club of the elderly myself and i would guess that the 20 year old version of me with the experience of fewer than a 100 games would beat the current 40 year old version of me with 1000+ games mercilessly.

of course the same 20 year old me would get beaten badly be another guy with the same experience but more talent.

while experience is a factor in coh2, skill and talent are much more important

We,the elders,who start computer games with a spectrum or else,have a slow CPU and few memory slots,I don't like all maps because some confuse me,I don't have any reference point and I use to forget where I send my units,even my"GFX" isn't very good,I use glasses to don't confuse my Luch with my Tiger,lol.
The point is that some times when I saw some replays I notice that some people plays with hot keys,the screen never stay in the same place for more than 2 seconds,they can't have any fun with that kind of play,only play to achieve the victory,this people in the top of ladder have to few games to achieve all those skill. I notice that I improve a lot since I start the automaches,in the previous coh,I only played one or two maps,but I fell that I reach the limit,if I found a great initial pressure I start to block my mind,sometimes I fund me with 2000 mp and no units in the ground,after few wins I use to think I'm a must,but sometimes later someone brings me to the earth,like a plane crash....
20 May 2015, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 10:39 AMCorsin
Yeah theres a few top players who seem to smurf (spare CD keys on other steam accounts).

Pretty sad tbh but it happens.

Family sharing is all that is needed, no cd-keys.
20 May 2015, 13:35 PM

• I'm not an "elder" (Jesus, guys, u really push it though, :P ), but it's very possible to be way good with fewer than 100 games. As people said before, some may have extensive experience with CoH1, and some other RTS's experience sure "leak" to CoH, which is less demanding, considering Actions per Minute (APM). I feel your pain with my 35 years

Also, when you're younger, you "get" the game much faster than someone with a little more years; this is specially true for teens. It's the brain, that during this part of life cicle, can deal with a lot new information, you still have fast reflexes. Retirement of gaming, considering professionals, come at a very early age, even earlier than, say, soccer players.

Another important thing is the use of hotkeys and rapid look and decision-taking of screens, which leads to sometimes this "jumpy" gaming. I don't like it either, but it's the difference of me, a casual player, and the professional.
20 May 2015, 16:27 PM

20 May 2015, 16:55 PM

I smurf all the time........and let the enemy win in the end. :foreveralone:
20 May 2015, 16:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 16:55 PMVonIvan
I smurf all the time........and let the enemy win in the end. :foreveralone:

How chaotic and fiendish :snfQuinn:
meh
20 May 2015, 17:10 PM

You older guys should start a clan or group and call yourselves (ODB)Old Dirty Bastards or (ODS)Old Dirty Smurfs
20 May 2015, 17:25 PM

Why would you smurf in COH2? I don't get it...there is no reason to do so...the low automatch player count will eventually match you with anyone (just requires a little bit more time).
20 May 2015, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 17:10 PMmeh
You older guys should start a clan or group and call yourselves (ODB)Old Dirty Bastards or (ODS)Old Dirty Smurfs

There used to be a gaming clan, OMO - Old Men Online
There's also OMC - Old Man Clan

Both require(d) to be 30+ years of age.

By the, I loathe smurfs. IMO, just stat-whores or people that like winning too much.

20 May 2015, 22:38 PM

We,the elders,who start computer games with a spectrum or else,have a slow CPU and few memory slots,I don't like all maps because some confuse me,I don't have any reference point and I use to forget where I send my units,even my"GFX" isn't very good,I use glasses to don't confuse my Luch with my Tiger,lol.
The point is that some times when I saw some replays I notice that some people plays with hot keys,the screen never stay in the same place for more than 2 seconds,they can't have any fun with that kind of play,only play to achieve the victory,this people in the top of ladder have to few games to achieve all those skill. I notice that I improve a lot since I start the automaches,in the previous coh,I only played one or two maps,but I fell that I reach the limit,if I found a great initial pressure I start to block my mind,sometimes I fund me with 2000 mp and no units in the ground,after few wins I use to think I'm a must,but sometimes later someone brings me to the earth,like a plane crash....

To me the game gets so much more fun when you know wtf you are doing...

And to me the game gets so much more shit when you know wtf is up with RNG gods
20 May 2015, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

There is actually a reason to smurf in coh2. The game has one huge problem: no way to test new strategies. Normally you should be able to test them on AI but in coh2 AI is so stupid that any decent player will smash expert even with su-76 spam... That leads to stale meta as ppl only "borrow" strats from opponents making some of them plague the game and to smurfing as people who want to find out sth usefull not destroying their ranking stats have to do it.
20 May 2015, 23:53 PM

There is actually a reason to smurf in coh2. The game has one huge problem: no way to test new strategies. Normally you should be able to test them on AI but in coh2 AI is so stupid that any decent player will smash expert even with su-76 spam... That leads to stale meta as ppl only "borrow" strats from opponents making some of them plague the game and to smurfing as people who want to find out sth usefull not destroying their ranking stats have to do it.

They could just ask another decent player for a 1v1 custom game?

Without dragging down middle/other top player ranking down by beating them with a smurf...

Let me put it this way... if i was #1 player and you were #2 player.... and i beat you with a poorly ranked smurf and you get dragged down to #50.... you wouldnt be impressed....

I think alot of top players smurf to snipe and damage the rating of people they dislike....
While also trolling/trying out new tactics or whatever.
20 May 2015, 23:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

After 10 games (or even during those games), you get ranked. The only point about a smurf if to hide the identity of the player.
20 May 2015, 23:57 PM
Donator 11

I guess they just don't care, for most ppl all players that are not in top 100 are just no names that can't be bothered.
21 May 2015, 01:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

After 10 games (or even during those games), you get ranked. The only point about a smurf if to hide the identity of the player.

It's so they can dick around without having losses influence their leaderboard rank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★