Login

russian armor

People are probably taking this game too seriously

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
meh
19 May 2015, 14:02 PM

I don't understand why people are taking this way too seriously. Between getting upset and raging and crying OP etc between various unis and factions. I am currently lost or confused on how/why people are getting worked up over a game that has a high amount of RNG and all things random. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the game is bad or lacking this or that.

However I do believe that the game has a large amount of randomness attached to it, and it should be treated as such. Getting upset or worked up over a game of chance is like getting worked up over the weather. It'll rain, it'll shine, but it's useless/pointless to get worked up over things to which you can't control. I really believe the sooner people come to an understanding that the game is intended to be like this the sooner people will come to it's acceptance the better things will be. Of course you could always compare the game to another game, and get upset all over again. But that's just it, it's a different game, accept it.

If you lived in a area that had tons of crazy weather patterns and hated it, you'd generally move to another area or city. Perhaps a place like Southern California where it's sunny all the time or Seattle where it rains all the time. Do the same thing here, if the randomness bothers you, switch games and stay with it.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but thanks for reading.

I for one like all things random, keeps things interesting and fascinating.
19 May 2015, 14:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

NO.

COH2 IS LOVE
COH2 is LIFE

BAD RNG IS THE ONLY WAY I LOSE TO PEOPLE BETTER THAN ME

\ :foreveralone: /
19 May 2015, 14:14 PM

NO.

COH2 IS LOVE
COH2 is LIFE

19 May 2015, 14:14 PM

We're loving and passionate community :foreveralone:

meh
19 May 2015, 16:44 PM

NO.

COH2 IS LOVE
COH2 is LIFE

Although clearly you're joking, but some people are really like that even about the place to which they are at or habitat or game they are currently playing. You have choices and you have options. Don't kill yourself over it or get worked up over it is really all I'm trying to say.
19 May 2015, 17:15 PM
19 May 2015, 17:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 16:44 PMmeh

Although clearly you're joking, but some people are really like that even about the place to which they are at or habitat or game they are currently playing. You have choices and you have options. Don't kill yourself over it or get worked up over it is really all I'm trying to say.

People are like that about every competitive game ever though.

meh
19 May 2015, 17:20 PM

Yes.

thanks for linking that, I didn't even realize you had a thread like that up. We pretty much have the same thoughts and ideas.
19 May 2015, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 17:20 PMmeh

thanks for linking that, I didn't even realize you had a thread like that up.
No problem. I mean you are not alone, I agree with you :)
meh
19 May 2015, 17:23 PM

People are like that about every competitive game ever though.

I don't feel that you can legitimately call this a competitive game though. There are too many things left to chance that you might as well be playing rock, paper, scissors. You're going to hit a point where it was left completely to chance, and then what?

Now I'm not saying give up or anything like that, I'm just saying to accept it as Chance and move on, not to get worked up over it. It goes back to my weather analogy, it's worthless to pull your hair out over the weather for the day it literally won't achieve anything.
19 May 2015, 17:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Gee sorry if people actually want a competitive game. a FAIR game, a balanced game. We're not all casual players. This isn't call of duty where if you're getting shit on you can leave and go find another lobby. Strategy games should be fair, because they require a lot more time and effort to complete. There is no reason to leave balance as is.
19 May 2015, 17:40 PM

NO.

COH2 IS LOVE
COH2 is LIFE

LIke this guy said to you i sign my name on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPEhftBaNZk
meh
19 May 2015, 17:42 PM

Gee sorry if people actually want a competitive game. a FAIR game, a balanced game. We're not all casual players. This isn't call of duty where if you're getting shit on you can leave and go find another lobby. Strategy games should be fair, because they require a lot more time and effort to complete. There is no reason to leave balance as is.

It's funny that you bring up call of duty, because now that I think about it I probably could draw more parallels or similarities with this current version of COH2 and your average Call of Duty Game as compared to some competitive game standard that you may have. Like it or not, that's just how it is. DLCs, War Spoiles/Perks, Prestige, Name Plates,Skins, DLC Skins I could go on and on and on and on....
19 May 2015, 17:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 17:23 PMmeh

I don't feel that you can legitimately call this a competitive game though. There are too many things left to chance that you might as well be playing rock, paper, scissors. You're going to hit a point where it was left completely to chance, and then what?

Now I'm not saying give up or anything like that, I'm just saying to accept it as Chance and move on, not to get worked up over it. It goes back to my weather analogy, it's worthless to pull your hair out over the weather for the day it literally won't achieve anything.

You play to win, you play automatch to rank high.
As long as it's possible to win or lose its competitive. There's competition.

It's not DOTA but we are competeing against each other in a battle of micro and strategy to see who will prevail.. Not seeing who can make the biggest wall of tank traps or something

And really RNG isn't that bad.
Certain things Have wayyy too much uncertainty such as penetrating the rear armor of a heavy with a medium tank, immobilize crits from a panzerfaust, plane crashes(which isn't RNG actually)

Those things cost you games, which is what pisses people off.

I don't think people are too upset about the RNG in cons vs grens, or Sherman vs P4... Engagements like that are what make coh great.

Now a Jackson bouncing and missing 4 rear shots on a KT during an hour long game doesn't make coh great.
19 May 2015, 17:49 PM

RNG? There is no rng in this game.

It´s all about how many goats you are willing to sacrifice...

meh
19 May 2015, 18:08 PM

You play to win, you play automatch to rank high.
As long as it's possible to win or lose its competitive. There's competition.

It's not DOTA but we are competeing against each other in a battle of micro and strategy to see who will prevail.. Not seeing who can make the biggest wall of tank traps or something

And really RNG isn't that bad.
Certain things Have wayyy too much uncertainty such as penetrating the rear armor of a heavy with a medium tank, immobilize crits from a panzerfaust, plane crashes(which isn't RNG actually)

Those things cost you games, which is what pisses people off.

I don't think people are too upset about the RNG in cons vs grens, or Sherman vs P4... Engagements like that are what make coh great.

Now a Jackson bouncing and missing 4 rear shots on a KT during an hour long game doesn't make coh great.

Meh.. I only play to have fun. I think being overly obsessed with winning is the idea of trying to obtain control of a situation in which you either have no control or far less control than you may have originally perceived. Like I said, if you watch games where the very best play against the very best alot of things come down to chance and RNG. Both of which you simply have no control over. So why get worked up over it?

On the flipside I could see where some would argue that I have a 'Losers' mentality or mindset, and although I would not fault a person for feeling that way, my only sentiments would be that there are far more other useful ('Better') things to get worked up over as compared to a game that leaves so much up to chance. I just hope that I am not the minority in my thoughts, although I probably am.
19 May 2015, 18:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 18:08 PMmeh

Meh.. I only play to have fun. I think being overly obsessed with winning is the idea of trying to obtain control of a situation in which you either have no control or far less control than you may have originally perceived. Like I said, if you watch games where the very best play against the very best alot of things come down to chance and RNG. Both of which you simply have no control over. So why get worked up over it?

On the flipside I could see where some would argue that I have a 'Losers' mentality or mindset, and although I would not fault a person for feeling that way, my only sentiments would be that there are far more other useful ('Better') things to get worked up over as compared to a game that leaves so much up to chance. I just hope that I am not the minority in my thoughts, although I probably am.

I don't think people are getting worked up over things they can't control, it's a war game, there's things you can't control sometimes.

they're getting worked up at Relic for not taking those GAME BREAKING aforementioned things out of the game.

Again nothing wrong with RNG and randomness in combat. it's what makes Coh COH... But when it's taken to a level where it loses you games you would've otherwise won then it's a problem.
meh
19 May 2015, 18:29 PM

I don't think people are getting worked up over things they can't control, it's a war game, there's things you can't control sometimes.

they're getting worked up at Relic for not taking those GAME BREAKING aforementioned things out of the game.

Again nothing wrong with RNG and randomness in combat. it's what makes Coh COH... But when it's taken to a level where it loses you games you would've otherwise won then it's a problem.

Ok well probably my last post about this but I guess in life and in this game there are really only 2 things, actions and reactions. Some people focus alot on the actions and sometimes even question those actions. Where as there are other people, such as myself, who really just focus on the reaction as compared to the action and accept that the action is 'as is'. Suppose that could be due to how we view things or how we were raised/coached.

Again, Action/Reaction.

Final Statement, Thanks.
19 May 2015, 18:41 PM

Its fine to get a little worked up, it just shows how good the game is. But obviously raging and getting upset is not generally a good thing :P

I dont think the RNG is that bad, whatever happens happens and you have to try to minimise risks and exploit opportunities.

You want to try make all engagements heavily in your favor so that the dice are loaded. When it comes down to 1v1 units, its always a dice toss, even if one unit is technically better than the other. Hence why you should always use combined arms and support.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 14
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L