Login

russian armor

Relic, the Community, and the NDA

PAGES (11)down
7 May 2015, 13:05 PM
Donator 11

POLISH FACTION CONFIRMED TY BASED RELIC
7 May 2015, 13:09 PM

Dollars to donuts the NDA is Sega policy enforced on Relic.
There are plenty of "what do you think will be in the next patch" type threads here. If someone who hasn't signed or agreed to a NDA hears some second hand stuff and puts it in one of those threads it up to the NDA'ers to ignore it, no comments, nothing. That's what you signed up to. But it would be wrong of COH2.ORG to enforce a ban on a non-NDA'er spreading rumour which may be true.
7 May 2015, 13:11 PM
Coder Red Badge

You can't control the opinion of the masses. If people think the NDA is stupid, you're going to hear about it, and no appeal to "honour" is going to change that. If people thought this NDA was totally reasonable, there wouldn't be any problems. This is more of this Relic-guided "it's the community's fault, not ours" mentality that shows up time and again, from that toxic community members post by Noun to shit like this. It just doesn't make any sense how far some people go to deflect blame around here.

When Valve announced their paid mods plan for Skyrim, I thought it was a great initiative, and I didn't understand the incredible backlash they received for it. But you know what? My opinion of something isn't the be-all-end-all, and the majority made it abundantly clear that they disagreed with me, and Valve acted on that majority opinion. It's not about what is "right", or "moral", or "honourable", it's about what the majority of people perceive. If the majority of people think the NDA is bullshit, appealing to "honour" is just wasting your time.
7 May 2015, 13:33 PM

Dollars to donuts the NDA is Sega policy enforced on Relic.

Maybe. But Relic has shit on the community before on their own. Its not like Sega told Noun he had to come and here make that BS Toxicity thread.
7 May 2015, 14:37 PM

In some cases NDA can be useful but such a stupid and aggessiv behaviour against community members who try to support the game and its community cant be accepted imo.Also,without the alpha testers they would literally mess it up again.

We are not talking about a new game,just about a dlc which will be bought to 90 % from the already existing player population.What do they really want to hide or what are they afraid of ? too much advertisement ?

As always, i dont get their acting,must be something scientific.
"The customer is king" maybe they havent heard about it yet ?
7 May 2015, 18:12 PM

Permanently Banned
NDA is here for a reason

Alpha testers should get consequences for leaking

As for other community members, If they get NDA information it would be responsible to keep it to themselves. Then again, it doest matter to me as long as u are not an alpha "tester".

I use that title lightly, alot of idiots got into the alpha.
7 May 2015, 19:28 PM
Donator 11

You can't control the opinion of the masses. If people think the NDA is stupid, you're going to hear about it, and no appeal to "honour" is going to change that. If people thought this NDA was totally reasonable, there wouldn't be any problems. This is more of this Relic-guided "it's the community's fault, not ours" mentality that shows up time and again, from that toxic community members post by Noun to shit like this. It just doesn't make any sense how far some people go to deflect blame around here.

When Valve announced their paid mods plan for Skyrim, I thought it was a great initiative, and I didn't understand the incredible backlash they received for it. But you know what? My opinion of something isn't the be-all-end-all, and the majority made it abundantly clear that they disagreed with me, and Valve acted on that majority opinion. It's not about what is "right", or "moral", or "honourable", it's about what the majority of people perceive. If the majority of people think the NDA is bullshit, appealing to "honour" is just wasting your time.

An agreement is an agreement welcome to the world of grownups.
7 May 2015, 20:27 PM

lol. who are you to judge?
7 May 2015, 20:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2015, 20:27 PMI984

lol. who are you to judge?

Please don't :)
7 May 2015, 20:58 PM

NDA is here for a reason

Alpha testers should get consequences for leaking

As for other community members, If they get NDA information it would be responsible to keep it to themselves. Then again, it doest matter to me as long as u are not an alpha "tester".

You need idiots to help test things. Ever heard of the phrase "idiot proofing"?
7 May 2015, 21:12 PM

Permanently Banned
The whole reason there are so many toxic community members is because there has been huge amounts of bullshit since its release. Perhaps if balance wasn't shit most of the games life I'd be more inclined to respect the NDA and relic, but I give no shits. Balance in comparison to how seriously relic takes NDA is a joke. Thats why I dont give a fuck. Same to many others.

The alpha for brits only involves people who really only play multiplayer, even then half of the alpha testers are all scrubs and fucking idiots. No idea what kind of data relic is hoping to get out of players that don't even understand how to use hotkeys. So the argument that relic pools data from comp stompers and campaign only fags doesn't matter. The multiplayer community has had to put up with a lot of shit, so its no surprise at all how badly the NDA is thought of.

Judging by how badly some of the shit sounds in the alpha I bet balance will be broken forever when brits are released. I lol at the fact at some of the stuff the brits have its hilarious that relic thinks it could potentially be balanced and needs testing. How long have they been making strategy games? How many people play coh2 in comparison to how many people have bought it? Lol its pathetic.

Relic Faith Rating: 0
7 May 2015, 21:39 PM

The whole reason there are so many toxic community members is because there has been huge amounts of bullshit since its release. Perhaps if balance wasn't shit most of the games life I'd be more inclined to respect the NDA and relic, but I give no shits. Balance in comparison to how seriously relic takes NDA is a joke. Thats why I dont give a fuck. Same to many others.

The alpha for brits only involves people who really only play multiplayer, even then half of the alpha testers are all scrubs and fucking idiots. No idea what kind of data relic is hoping to get out of players that don't even understand how to use hotkeys. So the argument that relic pools data from comp stompers and campaign only fags doesn't matter. The multiplayer community has had to put up with a lot of shit, so its no surprise at all how badly the NDA is thought of.

Judging by how badly some of the shit sounds in the alpha I bet balance will be broken forever when brits are released. I lol at the fact at some of the stuff the brits have its hilarious that relic thinks it could potentially be balanced and needs testing. How long have they been making strategy games? How many people play coh2 in comparison to how many people have bought it? Lol its pathetic.

Careful, there.
What you just said was pretty T O X I C.

10/10

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2015, 19:28 PMspajn

Could you explain this, please? I'm being genuine here. I don't understand what you mean.
7 May 2015, 23:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lmao the amount of salt in your post....someone quarantine this man, he's so T O X I C.

who shit in your cereal this morning? Are You really that mad you didn't get into alpha?
Theres plenty of good players,and bad players, in the alpha. That's the point... It can't be designed for just the pros or just the noobs....and regarding your judgement of what is "in" the alpha, It's the leaked details of the first fucking alpha. Is it supposed to be perfect immediately? Is relic supposed to just release the muggy unfinished details of their new product before it's really even ready to present to the jaws of the entire public?NO.

you can believe me when I say this,I'm not some PR robot,I'm not being paid to say this.
I don't know if this is breaking NDA or not(it's not,it's in the roadmap))but everyone I've played with in the alpha is excited about what there is to
come,and the balance changes/ bug fixes that are coming along with the Brits are some of the best overdue changes and fixes there HAVE EVER BEEN. And it's JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE ALPHA! So there probably adding more!!

Yes I'm excited,Cynthia and relic aren't lying when there saying there's reason to be excited. This game is going in the right direction.

I wish I could share non idiotic alpha details with you without being burned at the stake,but it is what it is. Just be patient and don't believe everything you hear from some idiot leak source.

7 May 2015, 23:25 PM
Patrion 28

the game has been going in the right direction for a LONG time and still hasn't gotten close yet. do we have to wait another three years to get there? are we ever going to get there or are we going to get abandoned like dow2: ret did?

they keep moving in the right direction but they throw enough wrenches into the machine that it keeps getting fucked up and something keeps breaking. yes, the game is in a better state then it was on release but i'm getting tired of all the other bullshit. i don't know why it's so hard for relic to fix the stuff that's an issue (see trello if you need it in writing...) and NOT touch anything else until the broken shit is fixed.
7 May 2015, 23:30 PM

Cookiez is lying, the only people who got into alpha are Axis pro-bias weebs like me and Rollo (In Krupp Steel we trust). Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.

7 May 2015, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2015, 19:28 PMspajn

Could you explain this, please? I'm being genuine here. I don't understand what you mean.

Let me help. It was just a simple grammar error like the following:

Let's eat Grandma!
Let's eat, Grandma!

Words are dangerous.
Commas save lives.
7 May 2015, 23:50 PM

The whole reason there are so many toxic community members is because there has been huge amounts of bullshit since its release. Perhaps if balance wasn't shit most of the games life I'd be more inclined to respect the NDA and relic, but I give no shits.

I work for a company that makes toilet paper and paper towels. The NDA's that it has in place are much more stringent than anything from Relic or Sega. If it had an Alpha, not only would your ass not be invited, most of the employees wouldn't be allowed to know anything about it before launch (or flush in this case). In this day of Sarbanes-Oxley and shareholder lawsuits, NDA's are standard.

You might post something about the Alpha, but it would be COH2.ORG's responsibility to remove it immediately if it violates the NDA. Fan sites like this sit in grey areas of copyright infringement and it wouldn't take too much for Relic or Sega to send a cease-and-desist if there is a problem.
8 May 2015, 00:00 AM

I think you missed the main point of the post.

Not trying to say that people should like the NDA. I don't even like the NDA.

The point was that even though people don't like it, they need to respect it and not leak - because that's what they agreed to before even finishing the alpha application process. It's just a matter of being an adult instead of an entitled whiny child.

@Daspoulos - Your post is so misinformed it's actually hilarious. You're hearing about stuff in the alpha from people who are stupid enough to leak and then trying to make assumptions based on second hand information? Laughable.

P.S. - The entire point of this alpha has nothing to do with balance. I'd try to explain it to you, but apparently you don't care.
8 May 2015, 00:04 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 00:00 AMCieZ

I think you missed the main point of the post.

Not trying to say that people should like the NDA. I don't even like the NDA.

The point was that even though people don't like it, they need to respect it and not leak - because that's what they agreed to before even finishing the alpha application process. It's just a matter of being an adult instead of an entitled whiny child.

@Daspoulos - Your post is so misinformed it's actually hilarious. You're hearing about stuff in the alpha from people who are stupid enough to leak and then trying to make assumptions based on second hand information? Laughable.

P.S. - The entire point of this alpha has nothing to do with balance. I'd try to explain it to you, but apparently you don't care.

Sorry Ciez, I removed what was in between the brackets to prevent this from turning into the wrong direction, I'm sure you understand.
8 May 2015, 00:09 AM

Sorry Ciez, I removed what was in between the brackets to prevent this from turning into the wrong direction, I'm sure you understand.

Fair enough :)
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight