Login

russian armor

Relic, the Community, and the NDA

PAGES (11)down
8 May 2015, 12:15 PM

At least WFA was announced at a Video Game Convention before the alpha started.

For the brits the marketing is absolutely non existent. The brits are actually not confirmed yet, but only mentioned by game files that were patched in and by a brodie helmet on relics roadmap.

I think the NDA would be less problematic if relic actually showed just a glimpse of the content they are working on. A teaser trailer would definitely help.
8 May 2015, 12:24 PM

Accept the f****** NDA and wait for the releas, easy as that. i dont get why this topic got so much attention. just a alpha....er mer gerd
8 May 2015, 13:03 PM

Permanently Banned
soo many salty they aint in alpha
meh
8 May 2015, 13:12 PM

What do you think the average age of the community is? I'm 12 years old btw.
8 May 2015, 14:02 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 13:12 PMmeh
What do you think the average age of the community is? I'm 12 years old btw.

6 years old

that makes u one of our senior-most members.

KEEP IT UP :thumbsup:
8 May 2015, 14:58 PM

If you signed the NDA then play by the rules.

Maybe SEGA enforce NDA on relic, we do not know (honestly I do not care). COH is there property, and they can do with it whatever they want.

I can only play the game and enjoy, and accepte all terms and services.

OR Imagine there is no NDA, this forum will probably explode how Faction A is OP and how Faction B is UP.

8 May 2015, 16:28 PM

I think NDA method is the only way to keep this very small community not to throw this game away...and buy next DLC.

Nothing personal - just bussines.

I don't think there are enough people willing to go in blind any more for hype sales to come through over shitty content, especially because NDA prevents hype.

Any way, honesty and openness is by far the best policy on principle.
8 May 2015, 16:32 PM
Donator 22

"IMO Relic probably had some sort of bad experience in the past due to disclosure issues and they just don't want to take any risk whatsoever. " - NEE

I am sorry there buddy but this is where you are totally wrong. Relic did take a risk by letting just anyone into alpha. I have a friend on my friends list that is in alpha and has only 200Hrs played. So this guy that has 200 hours played is going to contribute a lot to the alpha community I'm sure. More so than a player that has played the game for 3 years, knows the ins and outs of the games. Sure makes a lot of sense there. thanks -

existant420
8 May 2015, 19:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

These Relic NDA's are absolutely ridiculous. If the game's audience wasn't small enough already, these NDA just worsen that fact. It baffles me why Relic never want to create any serious hype over new content. They have plenty of resources and free resources at that to help create hype but alas Relic has it's mind stuck in the past...

Anyway on the NDA, these leaks are bound to happen if you just invite anyone into the alpha. Relic shot themselves in the foot again it seems.

Just my two cents.

Unless they are too naive, it's calculated risk and should be part of the marketing campaign. "Unnintentional" leaks should be what fuels your hype train.

But as has been proved before, it seems as they don't believe on it or have the people to do so.
8 May 2015, 19:32 PM
Donator 22

"IMO Relic probably had some sort of bad experience in the past due to disclosure issues and they just don't want to take any risk whatsoever. " - NEE

I am sorry there buddy but this is where you are totally wrong. Relic did take a risk by letting just anyone into alpha. I have a friend on my friends list that is in alpha and has only 200Hrs played. So this guy that has 200 hours played is going to contribute a lot to the alpha community I'm sure. More so than a player that has played the game for 3 years, knows the ins and outs of the games. Sure makes a lot of sense there. thanks -

existant420

I don't have any issue with Relic getting feedback from all kinds of players...novice to pro. What I do have an issue with is these people who have almost no time in game getting an invite over those who have put in literally thousands of hours playing.

If the goal is to get players to play the alpha, pick those who have shown they will actually PLAY THE GAME.

(If you are in alpha and actually playing...this is obviously not meant towards you.):)
9 May 2015, 08:11 AM

I don't think there are enough people willing to go in blind any more for hype sales to come through over shitty content, especially because NDA prevents hype.

Any way, honesty and openness is by far the best policy on principle.

This. I mean, comon, why you need hide NEW STUFF from your fans? To lose them in even great numbers?
9 May 2015, 08:35 AM

existant420

Lol, sounds like jealousy. If Relic wants to anchor his community, they better offer access to the Alpha to any player willing to test it rather than selecting only the top of the top. Thats pretty much the best thing to do right now to increase their fame.
People whose opinion matter to them are probably in the Alpha, invited personally. Or where there in the pre-public Alpha already.
As far as I see it, they made changes, and they need to collect data to see how they work together, opinion people on forum will probably have little impact in their decision making apart from the obvious broken changes.
10 May 2015, 00:12 AM

Let's get real here people - we don't need to worry about whether Relic likes the gaming community that gives them money and supports their entire existence. Quite the opposite - Relic is the one who needs to be worrying about how the community feels about their company and their game. I am tired of self-appointed "community leaders" trying to fear-monger everyone about discussions on upcoming material by pushing this idea on us that we need to be afraid about how Relic thinks about us.

Don't sit around telling us players we need to be really careful not to "spit in the face" of Relic when in fact Relic's outdated and horribly applied NDA policies are actually a spit in the face to us - the players who support their game and give them money to do what they do. We don't work for them - they work for us.
10 May 2015, 00:32 AM

By the way - here is where Relic went wrong in their thought process:

"I have a secret - I am going to tell it to strangers on the internet. Hope they don't tell anyone!"
10 May 2015, 00:36 AM
Patrion 14

"I have a secret - I am going to tell it to strangers on the internet. Hope they don't tell anyone!"

That's the core aspect of something called buzzmarketing, their only problem is that the reach is too small to get proper advertisement.
10 May 2015, 00:46 AM

Well their problem is that they actually do hope (and believe they can enforce) that no one tells anyone.
10 May 2015, 00:47 AM

I'm not in the alpha thats why I complain, plain and simple Kappa
10 May 2015, 10:16 AM

Have to agree with Ciez after this shit has happened again; having key NDA info shared yesterday to "public" without any admin punishment isn't helping.

Then ofc people come to the forums to bash Relic and theory-craft, while many troll around.
10 May 2015, 10:55 AM

I even hear that ppl that bought the game in the steamsale with only 50 hours into the game got an alpha invite. Me on the otherhand am not in it.

I don't care, but for me I would trust the opinion of a someone with 1000 hours than from somenone with 100.
10 May 2015, 16:47 PM

Well its all gone to shit now. Somebody has leaked the alpha forums password to non-alpha players.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 50
Sweden 20
Poland 9
United States 13
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W