Let's talk about Volksgrenadiers

PAGES (10)down
10 Jun 2015, 18:11 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 18:01 PMButcher
nor a medium tank.

:foreveralone:
10 Jun 2015, 19:32 PM

Oh my god. Someone just brought up the WC51 as if it wasnt the most overpriced and underperfoming light vehicle even compared to the Kubelwagen currently....

/Facepalm

I hate that clown car thing and I'm glad you got a headache over that piece of shit. May it NEVER get buffed. 100% serious
10 Jun 2015, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 19:32 PM1[][]

I hate that clown car thing and I'm glad you got a headache over that piece of shit. May it NEVER get buffed. 100% serious

Why would you? If someone built that they just delayed their teching and will have one less rifle squad and it doesnt really do anything. With its slow turning its barely faster then Riflemen for getting from Point A to Point B unless of course these points are in a straight line.

Its nerfed to the point of utter uselessness and does need a buff or a SEVERE cost reduction.
10 Jun 2015, 20:15 PM

Why would you? If someone built that they just delayed their teching and will have one less rifle squad and it doesnt really do anything. With its slow turning its barely faster then Riflemen for getting from Point A to Point B unless of course these points are in a straight line.

Its nerfed to the point of utter uselessness and does need a buff or a SEVERE cost reduction.

Perhaps it could use a cost reduction. But still I'd rather see it with limited functionality than with the gamebreaking speed and armour of the soviet M3-flamer combo.

Early light armour just wrecks the early game.
10 Jun 2015, 20:49 PM

Perhaps it could use a cost reduction. But still I'd rather see it with limited functionality than with the gamebreaking speed and armour of the soviet M3-flamer combo.

Early light armour just wrecks the early game.

Without flamers and with the Nerf to its 50 cal and HPs it would have been fine. But they also nerfed its mobility so sucks as a transport, terrible for harrasment and expensive. So yeah something has to give. TBH i would be JUST fine if it was just a really good transport. Its really not. It should be at least as durable as a Kubel for crying out loud.

I mean look at its surviabilty cost and mobility compared to the Kubel LOL

http://www.coh2-stats.com/vehicles/dodge_wc51_50cal_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/vehicles/kubelwagen_type_82_mp

Its like an engine damaged Kubel /facepalm
10 Jun 2015, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 13:02 PMKatitof

Sure thing.

http://coh2chart.com/

Do it. :snfBarton: :megusta:

People play much more Soviets/USF in 2v2 and 1v1 than OKW, what exactly are you trying to prove here?
11 Jun 2015, 11:06 AM

People play much more Soviets/USF in 2v2 and 1v1 than OKW, what exactly are you trying to prove here?

That the allies are up and the axis are OP no doubt:clap:
13 Jun 2015, 08:51 AM

They should move Volks to the Mechanized Regiment HQ, need Sturmpios but buff price, and make Kubel suppression cost Munitions. Also give Puppchen better anti infantry, and vet 0 stealth.

These new Volks should have 6 men, dps adjusted to match before but with price increase to 270.
13 Jun 2015, 08:56 AM

Giving hints? Forecasting? Wut?
13 Jun 2015, 09:42 AM

I'm submitting my ideas for an OKW redesign.

Thinking about it, it would be great if Kubel became Kettengrad:starting unit, can capture territory, but poor offense.
13 Jun 2015, 16:20 PM
Donator 22

Post #120 invisied for excessive trolling/flaming.
13 Jun 2015, 17:25 PM

These new Volks should have 6 men, dps adjusted to match before but with price increase to 270.

I don't think that adding more models to a unit will make the balance better.
IMO major balance issues at least for the Axis sides is the fact that the soviet units are so hard to annihilate, there will most of the time be at least a single man that will survive.
It's the same thing with Panzerfüsiliers, but it's the only German unit (together with Osttruppen) that have 6 men.
On the other hand every soviet unit (despite engineers) has 6 men.
13 Jun 2015, 18:01 PM

They would come later though. They would have to contend with upgraded rifles, Paras, Guards, Shocks, etc.

It would also solve late game OKW Manpower float.( more reinforcement.)
13 Jun 2015, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't think that adding more models to a unit will make the balance better.
IMO major balance issues at least for the Axis sides is the fact that the soviet units are so hard to annihilate, there will most of the time be at least a single man that will survive.
It's the same thing with Panzerfüsiliers, but it's the only German unit (together with Osttruppen) that have 6 men.
On the other hand every soviet unit (despite engineers) has 6 men.

6 men didn't feel like an advantage until infantrymen started constantly touching butts. I never went "OH MAN SOVIETS ARE SO MUCH TOUGHER" back when troops actually spread out and made their survivability against AoE barely any different. 6-man Maxims weren't impressively harder to wipe with a grenade (and then they go into light cover now and a rifle grenade can wipe them...) when everything was a lot harder to wipe with one grenade.

TL;DR I think your point is more FIX SQUAD FORMATIONS
16 Jun 2015, 18:42 PM

45 munitions assault package. Unlocks smoke grenades and sprint, with this package you can't get Combat Package.

Giving Volks smoke would lend themselves to supporting Sturms and other OKW elite assault infantry. It would be a good solution to Soviet T2. Sprint would be a nice thing to have, for things like chasing AT guns and sprinting back to the Battlegroup HQ.

IMO the best way to balance the OKW is to give their infantry selection unique and interesting ability sets and synergies, as opposed to the raw firepower they have now. Nerf ridiculous stats of Obers, Falls, Panzerfusies, etc. and give them creative abilities.

16 Jun 2015, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned
okw OP
16 Jun 2015, 19:57 PM

LOL Kar98-Volks with sprint ability.
16 Jun 2015, 20:37 PM

Hey, I'm just throwing extreme ideas out because the OKW is ill conceived.
17 Jun 2015, 05:44 AM

Permanently Banned
Hey, I'm just throwing extreme ideas out because the OKW is ill conceived.

Hardly, the only real feature that needs overhauling with the okw is breaking up volks. Okw should be based around automatic firepower. Sturms and volks having stgs while an anti-tank team is buildable from the medic truck would solve a lot of issues. Changing sturmtiger with panzer4 ausf J would also be a good fix as well as lower fussilier squad count to 5 men same dps, but is not entirely necessary. Everything else fundamentally is fine. Add in a few cost/performance tweaks to a few units and you're set
17 Jun 2015, 05:58 AM

They should move Volks to the Mechanized Regiment HQ, need Sturmpios but buff price, and make Kubel suppression cost Munitions. Also give Puppchen better anti infantry, and vet 0 stealth.

And we will never see sturmpios or kubel again unless one of these will be the starting unit. That will be the joy of allied fans. Especialy when we are talking about sturmpios. Oh, how much they will enjoy the incoming patch! :D
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 26
Germany 81
Israel 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L