Login

russian armor

Remove free lieutenant

3 May 2015, 09:38 AM

Why is this thread about everything other than the free lieutenant?
3 May 2015, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 09:38 AMBurts
Why is this thread about everything other than the free lieutenant?

Because this is COH2.org :welcome:
3 May 2015, 15:51 PM

I would support USF players having to buy the leftenant since every other faction has to buy the tech on top of buying the units that said teching unlocked. Alternatively, if USF players want their free Leftenant squad, then I want a free unit from each tier I unlock as OKW.
3 May 2015, 16:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Good maths. In any case do you agree that a KT doesn't cost 260 fuel, that the Flak HQ doesn't cost 80, etc?

They cost what they cost.

Amazing but depressing about how people always complain about OKW resource penalties but never mention salvage...
3 May 2015, 19:11 PM

Amazing but depressing about how people always complain about OKW resource penalties but never mention salvage...

Because it relies on your opponent sucking ass in order to make an appreciable difference. A unit that costs 100 fuel for Soviets will cost 142 fuel for OKW. To make up the difference you would need to salvage 8 tanks or support weapons.

If your enemy is losing that much shit, it's gg anyway.
3 May 2015, 19:26 PM

You're dead wrong. They cost the equivalent fuel. You have to convert in order to compare fuel costs of vehicles between factions.

Wow, really? 5 to 20 fuel a game is what you can expect from salvaging, the rest you have to be lucky enough to get a wreck/weapon in a good position.

It's depressing that people think that OKW has some special thing that makes up for the lack of fuel. Scavenge and A few vet bonuses in a game with squad wipes all the time is not worth it.
3 May 2015, 19:47 PM

I would support USF players having to buy the leftenant since every other faction has to buy the tech on top of buying the units that said teching unlocked. Alternatively, if USF players want their free Leftenant squad, then I want a free unit from each tier I unlock as OKW.
Oh I'm sorry. Is the giant tank destroying doom cannon not enough. You could have just said wehr or soviets, but you had to bring up the one other faction that gets free shit with tech.
3 May 2015, 21:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Exactly.

It's only useful to account and see timing of arrival of certain units. It's trivial when doing cost efficiency, since you don't take into account faction design as a whole.

3 May 2015, 21:29 PM

Exactly.

It's only useful to account and see timing of arrival of certain units. It's trivial when doing cost efficiency, since you don't take into account faction design as a whole.

Considering timing and arrival have everything to do with performance...

The only people that try and play down the OKW fuel penalty are normally 1. People who don't normally play OKW enough to get a good grasp on the handicap, or 2. People who don't pay attention to reason why the OKW MP float exists and is so problematic.

Trying to overlook the core feature of the faction is insanity, it would be like trying to discuss USF but overlooking decrewing, or overlook Soviets 6 men squads.

4 May 2015, 03:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The only people that try and play down the OKW fuel penalty are normally 1. People who don't normally play OKW enough to get a good grasp on the handicap, or 2. People who don't pay attention to reason why the OKW MP float exists and is so problematic.

My 350+ games as OKW would disagree with you.

OKW MP float only exists if you choose not spend it
4 May 2015, 03:51 AM

Oh I'm sorry. Is the giant tank destroying doom cannon not enough. You could have just said wehr or soviets, but you had to bring up the one other faction that gets free shit with tech.

if you lose flak truck, you have to wait 4 mins and pay another 80 fuel to replace it. But for usf units, well ...
4 May 2015, 04:24 AM

if you lose flak truck, you have to wait 4 mins and pay another 80 fuel to replace it. But for usf units, well ...
You also have to pay to replace it. A flak truck is far more powerful then a single luitenent and USF doesn't have the same variety of units in their initial building to fall back on if they lose it. The USF started out with them losing the building if the officer was killed and testing proved it was a bad idea.
4 May 2015, 04:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's my observation that most people who lose flak trucks do so for one of the following reasons:

1) They use like it's a bunker and wonder why it dies

2) They try setting it up in an area they don't fully control

3) It's get taken out by concerted allied late game effort

1 and 2 are risk/reward and LTP issues
4 May 2015, 05:45 AM

It's my observation that most people who lose flak trucks do so for one of the following reasons:

too many people use it too silly as 1

it's not a damn bunker, it's primarily your access to some of ur most important units
4 May 2015, 05:59 AM

My 350+ games as OKW would disagree with you.

OKW MP float only exists if you choose not spend it

In larger games OKW is fine, hell, OKW is OP in larger games. All you need is a decent team so you can REK anyone. In 1s it's very different. In 2s it's a bit better.

Oh my god this thread is about LT...
4 May 2015, 14:41 PM

Wehrmacht takes allot more micro against USF. USF takes allot more micro against OKW. I don't see any top level players complain about Wehrmacht after the patch.

The only difficulty I have with LT tech is the HT, but P4 can solve this problem. LT by himself is fine, he can be suppressed, sniped and kited with scout car.

You guys are seem to forget USF is a MP bleeder. If USF has to pay for LT, we need to adjust prices for Riflemen or something else.
4 May 2015, 16:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

4) Tries to manually micro the thing, and the setup time continues to reset.

Conclusion: you are been punished for not attack moving :(
4 May 2015, 18:04 PM
Patrion 28

4) Tries to manually micro the thing, and the setup time continues to reset.

Conclusion: you are been punished for not attack moving :(

i think he meant the flakHQ. but yeah, the flaktrack has some stupid quirks related to the setup time and shooting the ground.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak