Login

russian armor

Do you think this alpha should be in waves?

30 Apr 2015, 18:54 PM
Donator 22

These are wise words and I couldn't agree more.... except....

Outstanding community members *should* get a free pass and automatic entry. Hans is one. So is Imperial Dane. Romeo is a no-brainer for entry. Ditto ATR, Team RNG casters and the Generals Gents crew.

Barton? No disrespect to the man but (a) his contribution to the community is mainly his skill as a player (he doesn't cast, for example) and (b) his fairly outrageous comments to Cynthia recently deserve some sort of sanction.

Yes, a broad spread of players is needed. That elite dude who popped up recently advocating truck-pushing is an example of why the ultra-competitive will invariably strangle every last drop of fun out of this game in order to climb that ladder (q.v. RNG hate).

But good *community* members? Whatever their skill, they should get in automatically. Ami, Hans, The Dane and the others. We all know who they are.

Edit - any of these folks are welcome to my key if Relic will waive the usual rule. They deserve it more than me by a country mile.

Good post. And keep your key. You're just as welcome as an active community member to that key as any other. At least IMHO.
30 Apr 2015, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 18:31 PMMortar

Well if you were offended I apologize. I certainly wasn't trying to offend those that take it seriously.

My post was intended towards those who DON'T take advantage of this opportunity or are only somewhat interested. I recall last fall when the open Beta was launched how incredibly difficult it was to get a game. And that was OPEN BETA. Moreover, my comment was aimed at Relic for being so cavalier in their choices when there are OBVIOUSLY people who want a voice, WOULD take it seriously and yet can't play. Maybe I could have worded it more elegantly.

In the meantime, maybe you could just appreciate you got in while others who desperately would like to join you didn't. You aren't the only offended party here.

And that's where some community members felt pushed out of the way. Firstly, all other previous alpha/betas since WFA had low turnouts and then this comes along and everyone starts crawling out of the woodwork. The few that went and helped Relic by going and being a part of the previous low turnout tests then the masses only come out for the good stuff, the few feel thrown aside. I feel with them, some of those who take their time and participate in majority of the previous balance and bug tests where there wasn't a great turnout some feel they should have been invited when the alpha for the new content comes out.
30 Apr 2015, 19:26 PM

That depends entirely on what Relic's goals for the alpha are. Of course, I'm going to vote yes just because I didn't get in and my friends did. >.>
30 Apr 2015, 19:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

These are wise words and I couldn't agree more.... except....

Outstanding community members *should* get a free pass and automatic entry. Hans is one. So is Imperial Dane. Romeo is a no-brainer for entry. Ditto ATR, Team RNG casters and the Generals Gents crew.

Exactly. I mean, you want those guys who market your game for free, to be able to hype your consumers... Right?
30 Apr 2015, 20:04 PM

Exactly. I mean, you want those guys who market your game for free, to be able to hype your consumers... Right?

Problem is it doesn't really fit Relic's current NDA protocol. Casters/Youtubers didn't start broadcasting WFA live games/content until the day before WFA released. But I agree that they should get some sort of sneak peak and have Relic allow them to hype it up.
30 Apr 2015, 21:02 PM

"Do you think this alpha should be in waves?"

Sure. Those are usually called "beta".
30 Apr 2015, 21:30 PM

"Do you think this alpha should be in waves?"

Sure. Those are usually called "beta".
Relic has a history of doing alphas in waves.
30 Apr 2015, 21:58 PM

30 Apr 2015, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 21:58 PMKatitof

http://www.coh2.org/topic/34075/do-you-think-this-alpha-should-be-in-waves/post/323901
They said that about WFA alpha, doesn't mean there is going to be more waves but there is a possibility. To be honest it would surprise me if they didn't just based on the demand.
30 Apr 2015, 22:27 PM

They said that about WFA alpha, doesn't mean there is going to be more waves but there is a possibility. To be honest it would surprise me if they didn't just based on the demand.

The quote is literally 48 hours old.
If my memory serves me right, there was no WFA alpha within last 48 hours.
30 Apr 2015, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 22:27 PMKatitof

The quote is literally 48 hours old.
If my memory serves me right, there was no WFA alpha within last 48 hours.
"Things can possibly change." Sounds like a chance to me.
If my memory serves me right, I was the one that asked the question on the CoH.com forums.:rofl:
30 Apr 2015, 22:45 PM

Guys, it's just an alpha, not the end of the world. You'll get to play the beta and buy the dlc (expansion?) eventually.

As far as who gets in, that's hopefully done in a manner broadly representing the community (from 1v1 pros to 4v4 scrubs). It's been said over and over.

To answer OP, no, it is not needed.
30 Apr 2015, 23:07 PM

The problem is some of the opinions are biased. Some people that got in vote "no" because they they feel special and don't want the inclusion of more people then there are those who vote "yes" because they didn't get in. Need more unbiased people to provide feedback.
30 Apr 2015, 23:23 PM

The problem is some of the opinions are biased. Some people that got in vote "no" because they they feel special and don't want the inclusion of more people then there are those who vote "yes" because they didn't get in. Need more unbiased people to provide feedback.

'People are biased so the poll shows results I don't agree with. If unbiased people were voting my opinion would be reflected by the community as a whole'

Good job.
30 Apr 2015, 23:51 PM

'People are biased so the poll shows results I don't agree with. If unbiased people were voting my opinion would be reflected by the community as a whole'

Good job.
When did I say I don't support what the poll shows? I agree with what it shows so far, you have to take into consideration biased opinions will take up a small percentage of each category. More unbiased opinions would be a welcome as they would be less tainted opinions on the subject matter. Don't start shit where none exists. Ok? :)
30 Apr 2015, 23:53 PM

When did I say I don't support what the poll shows? I agree with what it shows so far, you have to take into consideration biased opinions will take up a small percentage of each category. More unbiased opinions would be a welcome as they would be less tainted opinions on the subject matter. Don't start shit where none exists. Ok? :)

Taking a moment to glance over it again, you are right. I picked up your 'some people' as 'more people', which changes the whole implication of the sentence from neutral to hugely one sided.

My bad, old chap. Carry on.
30 Apr 2015, 23:56 PM

Taking a moment to glance over it again, you are right. I picked up your 'some people' as 'more people', which changes the whole implication of the sentence from neutral to hugely one sided.

My bad, old chap. Carry on.
It's all good man. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight