Login

russian armor

Double T34/85s and PrettyEasy Eight

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
29 Apr 2015, 01:00 AM

Aren't the allied factions supposed to have a weak late game in order to compensate for their absurd early game advantage (6 men units, inf with sickening DPS etc..) ? These anti everything units nearly cost as much as a PIV(Not considering the teching) but they can counter anything from Panther and Tiger I to Rak43s and PAKs.

They should be effective against one type of units, either vehicles or inf. At their current cost and performance, they are too cheap.
29 Apr 2015, 01:24 AM

T34/85 is over performing a little in my eyes as i got alot 1shot sq wipes from them. easy 8 i haven't see much problem when my tanks is backup by AT guns. however, i hate US decrew recrew shit that when game drag long I see 5 Easy 8 on other side and back by like 8 sq of infantry while i only had 1 panther 1 KT and 2 AT guns and about 5sq of infantry
29 Apr 2015, 01:28 AM

Aren't the allied factions supposed to have a weak late game in order to compensate for their absurd early game advantage (6 men units, inf with sickening DPS etc..) ? These anti everything units nearly cost as much as a PIV(Not considering the teching) but they can counter anything from Panther and Tiger I to Rak43s and PAKs.

They should be effective against one type of units, either vehicles or inf. At their current cost and performance, they are too cheap.

Edit: not understanding your overall point? What exactly are you suggesting here?
29 Apr 2015, 01:29 AM

~Call in meta~

If call in's were tied to teching it would be fine.
29 Apr 2015, 02:01 AM
Patrion 14

~Call in meta~

If call in's were tied to teching it would be fine.

^This

Just about every current balance issue is tied to the prevalance of the callin meta (with the exception of the ostheer's weak early game).

If all callins were tied to tech, the IS2 would not be such a powerful weapon against the OKW, and the Tiger/stuge vs. USF.

However, such a change would also have to come with a rework of the USF vs. wehr matchup, because currently the main thing keeping wehr in the game is lategame callins (tiger), and better scaling stock infantry.
29 Apr 2015, 02:24 AM

While I do think call in being linked to tech could solve a lot of issues I am worried about the unforseen consequences like the March Deployment 1.0 patch one. In theory changing infantry and small arms lethality while making cover more important is good for all. Unfortunately it went horribly wrong by making the long ranged faction (Ostheer) OP as hell.

I feel the same situation could happen. We link cal ins to tech and Ostheer and Soviets get hugely Negetively affected compared to USF and OKW
29 Apr 2015, 02:31 AM

i think they are fine
29 Apr 2015, 02:59 AM

If you're falling victim to Easy 8 spam, the E8s aren't the problem.

Anyway, recent patch notes indicate that Relic is consciously trying to move away from the "Allied advantage early game, Axis advantage late game" model. Soviet late game generally has been fairly competitive with Ostheer (save for some patches making the balance Wonky), really it's only US Forces that have traditionally had weak late game.
29 Apr 2015, 03:04 AM

If you're falling victim to Easy 8 spam, the E8s aren't the problem.

Anyway, recent patch notes indicate that Relic is consciously trying to move away from the "Allied advantage early game, Axis advantage late game" model. Soviet late game generally has been fairly competitive with Ostheer (save for some patches making the balance Wonky), really it's only US Forces that have traditionally had weak late game.

US was crazily strong in late game in COH1.
Skill payoff when your terminator Rifles own3d everything.
29 Apr 2015, 03:46 AM

If we're talking CoH1, WM got their perpetual vet, knights cross squads, king tiger / tiger / panther stuff. It was super potent, axis steamroller design in full force. Vet 3 zombie grenadiers, yuck.
29 Apr 2015, 04:02 AM

^This

Just about every current balance issue is tied to the prevalance of the callin meta (with the exception of the ostheer's weak early game).

If all callins were tied to tech, the IS2 would not be such a powerful weapon against the OKW, and the Tiger/stuge vs. USF.

However, such a change would also have to come with a rework of the USF vs. wehr matchup, because currently the main thing keeping wehr in the game is lategame callins (tiger), and better scaling stock infantry.

Wehr teching fix + call in's tied to teching would help fix a lot of things. But call in's being tied to teching alone would help Ostheer by making T4 more attractive and forcing Soviets and USF to tech in order to call in late game units.
29 Apr 2015, 04:14 AM

Vet 3 rifle squad and some Calliopes :)

I would probably exclusively play US if they had Callis...trollface.

29 Apr 2015, 04:16 AM

If we're talking CoH1, WM got their perpetual vet, knights cross squads, king tiger / tiger / panther stuff. It was super potent, axis steamroller design in full force. Vet 3 zombie grenadiers, yuck.

And Called in StuH for 500 Mp was the peeeerrrrrrfect blob counter :) I remember the days of CoH1 where I would always go Blitz doctrine for the stuh+tiger call in for ....wait for it.....ZERO fuel :D
29 Apr 2015, 04:42 AM

Calliope

Pershing

Armour doctrine actually worthwhile :snfPeter:
29 Apr 2015, 05:15 AM

Call ins are not going to be tied to tech. It's not what relic is going for. They want stalling for call ins to be a viable strategy. Why limit the amount of viable strategies? Atleast that was their stance on it. They know soviets heavily depend on the call in meta.

Teching needs to be more attractive for SOV/OST. Thats about it.

Also E8s are everything but the reason why rifle company is a problem :snfPeter:

29 Apr 2015, 05:38 AM

e8s can counter tiger but cant do shit against panther
29 Apr 2015, 05:39 AM

First of all, all faction should have equal, but different Pros and Cons at every stage of the game. But unfortunately, this is not 100% true at the current state. But OP is not about this issue, but you are talking about the call-in meta which is... well we all know that what's wrong with the call-in meta.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS