Login

russian armor

m36-Jackson is over performing

PAGES (7)down
25 Apr 2015, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:31 PMCieZ
Funny that last patch I was telling everyone that the Jackson was an amazing tank. Everyone said it was too squishy.

Now, with absolutely zero changes to its survivability, and a nerf against medium armor, with a slight buff against heavy armor everyone is saying how good the Jackson is...

Seems legit.

I guess kind of like five months ago when I was telling everyone how OP the is2 was and everyone was telling me I was stupid and that the tiger was way stronger. Yeah, we see how that turned out.

Ohhh, come now my friend. You don't expect vindication on a forum do you?
25 Apr 2015, 08:49 AM

25 Apr 2015, 08:59 AM

Fix the HVAP (or don't maybe it's intentional).

Ostheer--> PAK40
OKW--> Panther/blob

25 Apr 2015, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 18:37 PMRollo
Not to mention the turret and great moving accuracy that makes trying to counter with PIV's almost impossible (unlike how you can against an SU-85).

It is logic that it is impossible to counter a jackson with a panzer IV, a jackson is a hard counter to tanks.
25 Apr 2015, 09:12 AM

It is logic that it is impossible to counter a jackson with a panzer IV, a jackson is a hard counter to tanks.

P4 counters jackson if both start shooting at each other at the same time.
Just like about every single other tank counters jackson that way.

All the rampaging fanboys here act like its old 100 range elephant.

Its not.

Learn to play already, relic decided to finally take off their wehrmacht officer coat and cap, you should do the same, because you're not fighting war here for the fatherland, but play now a more balanced game.
25 Apr 2015, 09:20 AM

It would be interesting to see the same insane arguments used here be applied to the old retardly unbalanced things like Old Windustry or Old Tiger Ace.

The current Jackson just over preforms for it's cheap cost, on top of USF having pop cap abuse and instant crit repairs. USF however in general has shit for nothing when it comes to AT which is pants on head retarded.

EDIT: An interesting observation to make here as well is the accusations of fan boyism when 90% of the people in this thread posted "lol" without comment.
25 Apr 2015, 09:25 AM

Congrats alex, comparing 50 range, extended sight, turboblitz, 2500hp, 320 dmg anti all free unit to a 480hp, 200 dmg, 60 range AT exclusive 350/125 tank destroyer.

I believe we can now officially crown you as a new lolcake as you have reached the low needed for that.
25 Apr 2015, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 09:25 AMKatitof
Congrats alex, comparing 50 range, extended sight, turboblitz, 2500hp, 320 dmg anti all free unit to a 480hp, 200 dmg, 60 range AT exclusive 350/125 tank destroyer.

I believe we can now officially crown you as a new lolcake as you have reached the low needed for that.

If a unit is overpreforming, it's overpreforming. When analyzing the why and how one must act logically and considering arguments for and against a buff or nerf.

"lol" is not an argument, "oh but you see I made up a scenario in my head were it's fine" is not an argument.

TLDR: I agree with everyone USF has shitty AT, give USF better AT in general and tone the Jackson down to be more reasonable.

The old Tiger Ace was far more retarded than the Jackson is now, but plenty of people were defending it for the same reasons people defend the Jacksons current state.
25 Apr 2015, 09:36 AM

If a unit is overpreforming, it's overpreforming. When analyzing the why and how one must act logically and considering arguments for and against a buff or nerf.

"lol" is not an argument, "oh but you see I made up a scenario in my head were it's fine" is not an argument.

TLDR: I agree with everyone USF has shitty AT, give USF better AT in general and tone the Jackson down to be more reasonable.

The old Tiger Ace was far more retarded than the Jackson is now, but plenty of people were defending it for the same reasons people defend the Jacksons current state.

The thing is you still have not proved that the M36 is overperforming for its cost.
25 Apr 2015, 09:40 AM

The thing is you still have not proved that the M36 is overperforming for its cost.

Each TD has a weakness or two.

The JPIV: High cost, low mobility, no gun traverse.

The SU-85: Thin armor, low mobility

The Jackson: Thin armor/low health

Previously the Jackson had two, the thin armor combined with low pen. Now one of those weakness's is gone and it has little reason to be as good as it is while your paying so little for it. On top of this is the fact you can pop cap abuse it and get instant repair crits allowing you to negate smart mine play.

Now this being said: I think the Jackson is justified in it's current state because USF has basically nothing else. USF should get more AT options and the Jackson should be toned down a tiny bit.
25 Apr 2015, 09:48 AM

Each TD has a weakness or two.

The JPIV: High cost, low mobility, no gun traverse.

The SU-85: Thin armor, low mobility

The Jackson: Thin armor/low health

Previously the Jackson had two, the thin armor combined with low pen. Now one of those weakness's is gone and it has little reason to be as good as it is while your paying so little for it. On top of this is the fact you can pop cap abuse it and get instant repair crits allowing you to negate smart mine play.

Now this being said: I think the Jackson is justified in it's current state because USF has basically nothing else. USF should get more AT options and the Jackson should be toned down a tiny bit.

If an USF player is able to popcap trick, you have already lost.

And, for instance, the JP4 has good range, good rof, good pen, can stealth with vet, is tiny, etc... It should be nerf!

That is more or less what you are saying about M36. And after that, you are surprised no one is taking you seriously.
25 Apr 2015, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the reminders of the old Elefant and Pripyat.

Who says the game hasn't changed.
25 Apr 2015, 11:34 AM

Jackson is a tank DESTROYER. It is completely normal that it can defeat enemy TANKS (even more expenisive ones). Jacksons's shit agaisnt infantry, so exploit that weakness.
25 Apr 2015, 11:40 AM

One word.

Jagdpanzer. - Available to all OKW players.

As Ost - just protect Paks better. Infact you don't ever have to get a tank as Ost to win, you can go Heavy T1/T2 + CAS and win most games if you play it right.
25 Apr 2015, 18:44 PM

If an USF player is able to popcap trick, you have already lost.

And, for instance, the JP4 has good range, good rof, good pen, can stealth with vet, is tiny, etc... It should be nerf!

That is more or less what you are saying about M36. And after that, you are surprised no one is taking you seriously.

The JPIV has about as many weakness's as it has strengths, same for the SU-85. This means they are balanced. The Jackson just has to many strengths an not enough weakness's for it's cost.

This doesn't mean I think it needs to be nerfed, USF is to desperate for reliable AT and a Jackson change would need to come with a buff to the rest of USF's AT options.

25 Apr 2015, 19:00 PM

The JPIV has about as many weakness's as it has strengths, same for the SU-85. This means they are balanced. The Jackson just has to many strengths an not enough weakness's for it's cost.

This doesn't mean I think it needs to be nerfed, USF is to desperate for reliable AT and a Jackson change would need to come with a buff to the rest of USF's AT options.

480 hp and paper armor are not enough weaknesses for you? What more do you want? Less penetration to make it RNG unit again?

He is still vulnerable to air strike, long range TD, flanking, and AT infantry.
25 Apr 2015, 19:43 PM
Donator 33

Two weaknesses not enough kappa, when you have no other reliable AT in that faction that can't be handled by the universal Volk/Gren blobs. Many people said lol Alex because it's s pretty retarded idea that of all units the Jackson is over performing, it's not, it's just now it works and that's upsetting I guess. Screening for a Jackson with pathfinders with the sight range bulletin should punish an idiot running a Tank at you. Next thing you know the su 76 might work, dear lord.
25 Apr 2015, 19:54 PM

Each TD have a weakness.

Jackson is no exception and got the most obvious one, no matter what axis warriors are trying to spin here.

If you are having problems with jacksons

-stop spaming tigers like an idiot
-if he can support jacksons with infantry, so can you support tanks with yours and PaKs
-bug with vet1 dmg will be fixed as I don't believe its intended

L2P issue and just finish this embarrasing thread.

Yes you bunch of one army warriors, USF have a single AT unit that is effective, get used to it because its not going to change unless you want to give them proper heavies or 70-85 range super heavy power like TD.

And no Alex, in 50 posts you'll make here, you'll still be wrong about it, sorry but spamming and blobbing posts doesn't win forum arguments for you as it does win games for OKW, so you might want to stop now.
25 Apr 2015, 20:47 PM

Dear OP,
I suggest you to play US now and pwn everybody with your magic Jackson
gl
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %