Login

russian armor

Do you think a Jagdpanther doctrine is on the horizon?

22 Apr 2015, 12:41 PM

I find the Elefant, while useful in certain situations, doesn't fit my playstyle very well, which is a very mobile, offensive army when I can take the initiative. The elefant, you park it where some action may take place, or behind your lines before you're about to move up with the rest of your army, and take shots at enemy tanks and vehicles. Microed and supported correctly, it rarely dies unless against overwhelming odds.

But the Jagdpanther feels much more like an actual tank hunter. It had a nice rate of speed, and could chase down it's prey even while they were retreating, and still be used to ambush your opponent much like the elefant. It housed a Pak43 which was one of the best mass produced AT weapons in the war. It could also be a more viable tank than the elefant for 1v1's, Elefants seem to do best in team games as it sits now.

I'm worried that if they do a Jagdpanther doctrine, it might come with a bunch of useless abilities, I like my spotting scopes, I like my riegel anti-tank mines, I like my aerial spotting, I like my stuka divebombs. If I could just swap out the Elefant with a balanced Jagdpanther, it would be the perfect tank hunter doctrine for my play style.

There are a boat load of units still missing from the game. Does relic have any new commanders or even another expansion pack on the horizon that might come with a Jagdpanther? I didn't buy Ardennes Offensive because it really just didn't appeal to me as I only play multiplayer and never the campaigns, since they're only good for cutscenes if you asked me.
22 Apr 2015, 12:46 PM

it might be very similar to the jagdpanzer but better armored and more agile?

could be cool
22 Apr 2015, 12:51 PM

I don't think it would be a good idea.
Your proposal reads like a M36 Jackson with a PaK43 and the armour of a King Tiger. That would somehow be a bit OP.

In CoH it's either very fast and therefore weak armour (Jackson) or rather slow and big armour (Elefant, Jagdtiger). It's not always black and white as seen in the Panther which has a good speed and a good armour but not the best of both either.
22 Apr 2015, 12:53 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Your proposal reads like a M36 Jackson with a PaK43 and the armour of a King Tiger. That would somehow be a bit OP.

I would buy that!
22 Apr 2015, 12:57 PM

I would buy that!

Should have mentioned the Kübel Ace with it's rocket barrage, Flak and the 88mm cannon.
A perfect example for weak armour but excellent fire power :snfPeter:
22 Apr 2015, 13:01 PM
Patrion 15

That's pretty much what I was about to say. Having a fast(ish) TD, with the same gun as the Pak43 would be just plain broken. Both the Elefant and Jagdtiger hit super hard, but as a trade off they can't chase. The Jackson also hits hard, and can chase quite well, but is armoured with some thick cardboard and can't survive on an over ambitious chase.

Having the Jagdpanther as you described it would give the Axis a TD that can chase like a Jackson (or only a little worse) but hit as hard as the Jagdtiger. Which, frankly, is a retarded idea.

Not that I wouldn't use it if it did exist...I'd use the hell out of it.
22 Apr 2015, 13:25 PM

So basically a turbo tank with elephant survivability and firepower?

Someone just set new high for "overpowered".

Survivability, mobility, firepower.

You can pick only two.

Mobile TD with nice firepower can't have good survivability(Jackson).
Survivable TD with good firepower can't be mobile(ele, JT).
Mobile TD with good survivability can't have good firepower(panther).

There are middle grounds obviously(SU-85, JP4, StuG to a lesser extend, wolverine), which they don't excel at anything but are overall good for most situations that do not require fighting against heavies or super heavies.
22 Apr 2015, 13:28 PM

the jagdpanther was in vcoh. I remember it was fast, had strong armor but the main "drawbacks" were the average range of its gun, low AI, and high expense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment