Login

russian armor

T34 dmg against Stug

31 May 2013, 11:55 AM

I was circling around this stug with my T34 and it took like 10shots, some didnt even do dmg even in the rear. That's just nonsense.
31 May 2013, 12:04 PM

Your not a happy chap are you, constantly complaining :) The T-34 is not an anti-tank tank, It's quite fast, mobile, good in numbers and against infantry. Their main gun is pretty underwhelming vs tanks, especially against at least decent armour which the Stug has.

Didn't you start a thread stating how OP the t-34 was a few days ago??
31 May 2013, 13:09 PM

I hate this attitude, its a forum on a beta game, we are here to complain in order to find what need to be improved, thats the point of a forum. Will you create a thread named " evrything is fantastic " ??? thats the point of a thread, pointing somethin that don't work properly ... And thx for copy paste me the descriptions of the tank that i already read, i'm talking about the game, that t34 shooting in the rear of a tank, should do more dmg that's all.

And for the last post i thinked that it came too early, nothing to do with its main gun against armor.
31 May 2013, 13:38 PM

haha, I just think it's a little early to be complaining about things that's all. And the priority in feedback should still be on things other than "stat tweaks".

I was telling you what it does because you seem to have missed the purpose of the tank. It's not a tank killer and therefore you expect it to take a while to eliminate a well armored tank which the Stug is.

Rear shots in general don't feel quite as powerful as COH1 to me but I don't know the exact figures or anything
31 May 2013, 13:42 PM

Yeah i don't expect the T34 to be real anti tank, but, its a tank, quite the same tech lvl of the stug thats why, its like if you said " the sherman was not a true anti tank " ok but wouldn't you have complained if it did take 10 shots to take out a stug ?
31 May 2013, 15:18 PM

I've got to agree with the OP, T34 is terrible vs any tank at stug level or higher. The only thing you can do is just ram it and shoot it to death while it sits helplessly and even then it still takes a million shots. Imo they have to change ram so it just nets a destroyed engine and buff the T34 damage. There's little point to circle strafing with the T34 atm.
31 May 2013, 15:19 PM

T34 is already practically a must-build in 1v1 because of its power and utility, I'm not sure it needs to be any stronger at the moment.
31 May 2013, 16:38 PM

Stugs are not spamable like they were in COH1 because their so much more expensive which means that they need to be more resilient to circle strafing than in the previous game. Or they would just get over-run almost all the time.

Like DanielD said, they are strong as it is right now, making it able to quickly take out stugs and other armour will mean they have no weakness and could tackle any unit from T1-T2-T3-T4 as long as you have more pieces than your opponent which shouldn't be too hard considering they are about 70% the cost of an axis AT unit. The Stug is a pretty hard counter, as it should be.
31 May 2013, 18:15 PM

i dont think the OP is asking for god mode T34's and i agree with OP the main gun should not need 10+ direct hits from the Rear to kill a stug. imo it specific to the stug, panzers 4s and surprisingly tigers go down quicker to rear shots than the stug , at least from my experiance. did they screw up the stugs rear armour? (and it penetration)

/high jack, why does the stug have more penetration than the su 85?
31 May 2013, 20:54 PM

Off topic, the SU85 tank destroyer which is higher in tech level than a Stug- gets owned by Stugs.
31 May 2013, 21:33 PM

Off topic, the SU85 tank destroyer which is higher in tech level than a Stug- gets owned by Stugs.

+1 , stugs are too strong, too cheap
31 May 2013, 22:56 PM

My Stug got mauled by 2 SU-85's. I got flanked by 2 of them quickly and it was paper. Side shotted and front shotted....took about 3-4 hits. The t 34 however could be a tad stronger with it's gun if you are going to bother microing the thing around other tanks. Although...the stug moves terribly slow.
31 May 2013, 23:09 PM

+1 , stugs are too strong, too cheap

Stugs are not cheap, 400 mp and 80 fuel. Imo the cost should be reduced a little.
1 Jun 2013, 07:47 AM

the mp is not cheap but the fuel is a little, its only 5 more than a t34
1 Jun 2013, 09:31 AM

The main gun of that thing is awful against Infantry though. And the MG upgrades aren't as good as they were in COH1, don't seem to suppress as much, if at all?
2 Jun 2013, 09:14 AM

What do you do against circle strafe as Germans? You faust it.

An armored vehicle getting shot in the rear should punish the player owning it. It means you didn't support your vehicle.
2 Jun 2013, 09:17 AM

totally agree multispec. god knows soviet vehicles suffer from rear shots an awful lot, why not the stug.
3 Jun 2013, 05:52 AM

I agree. The stug needs a nerf. It's super against all soviet tanks AND AT gun. Pretty frustrating really.
3 Jun 2013, 06:11 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree. The stug needs a nerf. It's super against all soviet tanks AND AT gun. Pretty frustrating really.

Stug is a mobile AT platform, technically referred to as a tank destroyer.

T34s mobility categorically trumps the Stug, due to speed and turret rotation. Not to mention you can just flat out Ram it for an immediate economic win.

As to Stug vs ZiS, Stugs have significant frontal armor. ZiS are anti-tank, not anti-tank destoyer.

Tank and Tank Destroyer are not the same thing.
3 Jun 2013, 06:49 AM

correct me if im wroung but the su-85 is classed as a tank destroyer yet its Armour is paper thin, moreover this is not about realism but balance.

imo the argument about turret strafing is just a bad one in coh2, it is simply way to easy to damage an engine nullifying the turret strafe ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★