Login

russian armor

Passive Defenses

21 Apr 2015, 19:16 PM

Permanently Banned
I've tried to troll with the defensive commanders by building huge tank trap walls. But even with 2-3 pios or engineers they always get trapped inside the tank traps and even when not they still erect them painfully slow. I wish they'd be laid a bit quicker. Like 25% quicker, but I'd rather they be yellow cover over green so people don't abuse it.
21 Apr 2015, 19:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Get triple bulletins :P
21 Apr 2015, 22:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

because if defenses were worthwhile everyone would complain about sim city and turtling. Isnt that usually how it works with RTS games?

22 Apr 2015, 09:22 AM

22 Apr 2015, 09:34 AM
Donator 11

I prefer doing much of capturing pressure on my enemies especially during the early game.
If some green cover which might be useful for my enemy is near a ressource point / VP I will place some wire around it.
22 Apr 2015, 09:40 AM

And that is why artillery was invented :)
22 Apr 2015, 10:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 09:40 AMKatitof

And that is why artillery was invented :)

and the encirclement commander ;)
22 Apr 2015, 11:22 AM

and the encirclement commander ;)

If there only was an allied strat based on camping on weapon teams or forwarded, repairable reinforce outpost for the commander to actually have a situation to be used with :)

Teams balancing the game and recognizing meta and teams responsible for new commanders should really talk to each other more then once a year :)
meh
22 Apr 2015, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 11:22 AMKatitof

If there only was an allied strat based on camping on weapon teams or forwarded, repairable reinforce outpost for the commander to actually have a situation to be used with :)

Teams balancing the game and recognizing meta and teams responsible for new commanders should really talk to each other more then once a year :)

That's what Urban Defense Tactics is all about Katie
22 Apr 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 12:47 PMmeh

That's what Urban Defense Tactics is all about Katie

By the time encirclement doc gets proper unlocks, FHQ will be downed by stuka, torched by MHT or worn down by turbomortars, contrary to its name its not a defensive doc, but really offensive one, YOLO offensive level.
22 Apr 2015, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 13:29 PMKatitof

By the time encirclement doc gets proper unlocks, FHQ will be downed by stuka, torched by MHT or worn down by turbomortars, contrary to its name its not a defensive doc, but really offensive one, YOLO offensive level.

It would feel right at home at here.
meh
22 Apr 2015, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 13:29 PMKatitof

But Katie, the FHQ gives you a Defensive Bonus! Not an Offensive Bonus, a Defensive one with the Shield on top!
22 Apr 2015, 14:47 PM

What am I supposed to do, click every option? ;) Usually it's like, war, happening, so engies might have other priorities or bullets flying by during construction so... but I do build bunkers as wher almost every game.

22 Apr 2015, 14:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Get Shrekt scrub
22 Apr 2015, 20:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Encirclement doc is largely fine. But I do feel some of its abilities are slightly overpriced. The whole doctrine could easily be solved by making stormtroopers osts best infantry in the game. Like 15% dps buff, or give them kar98 and stg profile of obers without the ignoring cover mechanic. Because 100 muni for stg44s is way too much. More like 75.
22 Apr 2015, 20:37 PM

I rarely use wire because most factions have a vehicle on the field to instantly crush it by the time I'm finished constructing the wire.

I rarely use tank traps because they're not even an available option unless I'm USF, in which case I'm already sad because my Rear Eschelons can't lay mines, which undermines most of the utility of tank traps. Also, as USF, it's hard to justify blocking off areas of the map to tanks because USF always needs as much maneuverability as possible against Axis armor because of the whole no heavy tanks thing. And if the USF is trying to lay anti-tank mines they're doing it with an M20, (which means the captain is delayed, and by extension, ATGs) which ultimately means that those tank traps aren't redirecting enemy armor anywhere meaningful.

And if they are blocking off traffic towards USF ATGs, mines, and bazookas, it almost by definition has to be the lategame.

Also the Axis heavy tanks I believe just straight up crush tank traps, which further makes them useless. Which makes most of those defenses completely obsolete by the late game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★