Login

russian armor

Does CoH1 have a future?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
20 Apr 2015, 07:33 AM

Is there ANYONE with the authority to answer this question?
Is there any Official - straight - simple answer to that?

We all see the road map of CoH2 and I wonder how much do we have to beg Relic to give us some answers about the ORIGINAL game.

Intentionally didn't mention about future updates or bug fixes or something because I don't want this to transform to a debate about what it needs to be done or not. I just ask about what they have in THEIR minds.
20 Apr 2015, 07:41 AM

Is there ANYONE with the authority to answer this question?
Is there any Official - straight - simple answer to that?

We all see the road map of CoH2 and I wonder how much do we have to beg Relic to give us some answers about the ORIGINAL game.

no future vause when coh1 would be perfect with only a few fixes nobody would play coh2 anymore

so no big future :*(
20 Apr 2015, 08:36 AM

sure, a small dedicated one with people who love the game.

dev support?

no. that's what the final patch was for. game is now a shining pinnacle of perfection, or something.
20 Apr 2015, 14:52 PM
Coder Red Badge

It depends on what you mean by "future". People will play it as long as the servers stay up, but it won't grow, and there won't be a proper competitive scene.
20 Apr 2015, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 14:52 PMInverse
It depends on what you mean by "future". People will play it as long as the servers stay up, but it won't grow, and there won't be a proper competitive scene.

I guess by saying it will not grow you mean if Relic continues to pay no attention to it? Right? Relic knows very well that paying attention to it might take people from CoH2 or releasing a new version of it HD(not referring to graphics) or something like that, some people will come back. I guess they focus on CoH2 now...but it wouldn't be any CoH2 if the original was not that good. When I say Future I mean what is going on with smoking gun, the game is as it is and that's it?
20 Apr 2015, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 14:52 PMInverse

Pretty much, there's no incentive for players to come back to CoH1 when Relic obviously just wants to push the sequel for more dlc/expansions and such. New players will be more attracted to the newer and prettier campaign of coh2 rather than try out coh1 multiplayer.
22 Apr 2015, 04:39 AM

In any case I think they should be releasing it for free if they are not going to at least fix the rank system up. Still charging for a game that has been gimped rather than improved sounds a bit wrong to me.

They could of course just shut it down but releasing it for free might get some new players into coh2 via that route.
22 Apr 2015, 05:39 AM
Donator 33

Well it's been practically free in humble bundles a few times. That's probably why it still has a decent player base (plus a small group of hardcore fans of course).
22 Apr 2015, 08:11 AM

I think you're being overly optimistic if you expect any support from Relic beyond keeping the servers up for CoH 1 from now on. They've given no indication of providing anything else for years plus they have a lot of CoH 2 stuff they are working on.

However, if you enjoy the game, keep playing it and it's future is that you will continue to enjoy it :)
22 Apr 2015, 12:32 PM

Well it's been practically free in humble bundles a few times. That's probably why it still has a decent player base (plus a small group of hardcore fans of course).

what we want with this new playern??? they are not good and all new player spam only snipers so it make no fun to play againts it

so say me what we want with new playern
u ever played 2v2 at in the last months?
only noobs real noobs u wait 30 minutes and play 10 minutes
and all player they u meet in 1v1 they spam sniper
i play everytime 1 sniper .ok. but last game my opponent did 7 sniper
makes real fun to play againts it
the time is over enjoy the good games they u can get and remember to good old games they u had...
23 Apr 2015, 03:53 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Yes vCOH is dead sadly. You can still get some 1v1's but 2v2AT is non existent now.
23 Apr 2015, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 03:53 AMBudwise
Yes vCOH is dead sadly. You can still get some 1v1's but 2v2AT is non existent now.

1v1 is pretty dead too.. only vs noobs and then occasionally vs LuckyStilet lol

well, only thing which is still working is 2v2random (although there's some other issues here) and arranging games with friends in basic match.

coh is still great, but there's no competitive scene left.
23 Apr 2015, 14:33 PM

The future is already the present! It is CoH2! Kappa
23 Apr 2015, 14:43 PM

It is time to move on vCoH fanbois. Start playing CoH2, may the RNG gods will be ever in yo fava. Keepo
23 Apr 2015, 14:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Please stop the flaming in posts #13 and 14

Back to topic
23 Apr 2015, 21:19 PM

It is time to move on vCoH fanbois. Start playing CoH2, may the RNG gods will be ever in yo fava. Keepo

We moved on: to the likes of LoL, CSGO, Dota ...

Where we can silence our hunger for competitiveness a lot better than in COH2.
24 Apr 2015, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 21:19 PM12ocky

We moved on: to the likes of LoL, CSGO, Dota ...

Where we can silence our hunger for competitiveness a lot better than in COH2.

coh1 would be perfekt with some balance and bugfixes from elitemod...

it can be so easy but... thx relic

since cynthia is there and noun are gone we never get a answer in the coh1 section nice done relic crew...
24 Apr 2015, 02:05 AM

I play all the time. I never wait more than 5 minutes for a game. Don't get all the moaning that these threads spark. The game is almost 10 years old. I paid $10 for it. Best investment of my life if we're talking about ROI. 1000s of hours of mostly fun.

Am I pro? No. But neither are most people. You can get very competitive games in the old relic server 10-15 level range.

At lev 16+, yes it true, there's not many pros playing. If you need that to make your life seem worthy, sorry, look elsewhere. But I don't understand the idea that you need to be stomped by pro so you can say game is alive.

Just in past 7 days I played Complexity, Koda, Lucky Stillet, Mojo, Rilakuma. Plenty of fun, high quality games, lost some, won some. Yes you do meet an occasional idiot who builds only snipers, but that was around in the peak as well (can anyone say Barton). And, many times you get mismatched against total noob, but so be it. sometimes there are only 30 players on at times I play.

In over 1000 games on new server, I think I had technical problems with about 5. A few ghost games and a couple where it does that thing where it lags and then speeds up to catch up. Big deal. Really.

Stop posting and start playing : ) really it's a miracle the game is still there to play.
meh
24 Apr 2015, 12:06 PM

As soon as the Money stopped rolling for Relic on this one is when the game officially died. Coh 1 didn't have enough 'DLC' support.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Russian Federation 33
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L