Login

russian armor

is2 and tiger ace

PAGES (9)down
12 Apr 2015, 13:11 PM

From my experience the Tiger is not on par with the IS-2 right now. The advantages don't seem to outweigh the disadvantages, especially now after the Blitzkrieg nerf.
12 Apr 2015, 13:13 PM

I love how apparently to relic there was no other ace tankers during the war but tiger ones.
12 Apr 2015, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 13:11 PMgokkel
From my experience the Tiger is not on par with the IS-2 right now. The advantages don't seem to outweigh the disadvantages, especially now after the Blitzkrieg nerf.

And you only consider advantages and disadvantages only when Tiger is put against IS-2 and nothing else, right?
Well surprise:
Tiger isn't there to fight IS-2 exclusively, so stop making comparisons like that.
USF sherman also looses to P4, I suppose we should buff USF sherman even thou its much more powerful against infantry, but garden that, only sherman vs P4 matters and sherman looses that which is unacceptable, right?
Same with SU-85 vs JP4, I suppose we should now keep adressing SU-85 buff. OR jackson vs JP4, JP4 wins that easily, Jackson needs buff.
Silly argument?
Why?
Its being used constantly with tiger and IS-2.
12 Apr 2015, 15:15 PM

I love how apparently to relic there was no other ace tankers during the war but tiger ones.

Its probably because most people love the look of Tigers, but having a Panther ace would be interesting to have ^^
12 Apr 2015, 15:29 PM

Actually, relic had planned soviet doctirne with T34/85 aces and there is also elite armor doctrine with vetted P4s, lets put aside how useful the doctrine is, it provide P4 aces :P
12 Apr 2015, 16:21 PM

>is2 better killing infantry than tiger
Are serious? Is2 have poor accuracy firing on infantry, tiger is better in that way. Is2 is balanced, it's good at tank but bad infantry killer. Tiger is worth in at way, but in killing infantry it is much better than is2.
12 Apr 2015, 16:32 PM

tiger ace is fine, IS-2 is fine.
12 Apr 2015, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 13:26 PMKatitof

And you only consider advantages and disadvantages only when Tiger is put against IS-2 and nothing else, right?
Well surprise:
Tiger isn't there to fight IS-2 exclusively, so stop making comparisons like that.
USF sherman also looses to P4, I suppose we should buff USF sherman even thou its much more powerful against infantry, but garden that, only sherman vs P4 matters and sherman looses that which is unacceptable, right?
Same with SU-85 vs JP4, I suppose we should now keep adressing SU-85 buff. OR jackson vs JP4, JP4 wins that easily, Jackson needs buff.
Silly argument?
Why?

Why do you imply things when you have no clue? No, I don't only consider the direct engagement.
12 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 17:24 PMgokkel

Why do you imply things when you have no clue? No, I don't only consider the direct engagement.

"you" in my post was more like general player, not "you" specifically even though the post might have indicated so. Too many people compare them on 1v1 against each other basis and judge the balance on that, which is plain wrong approach.
12 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

lol people still bringing up the dumb "Tiger is better versus infantry" meme when the IS2 has a larger AoE and only slightly more scatter.

Also ignoring the fact that IS2 is much more likely to pen the Tiger than the Tiger an IS2.
12 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 17:54 PMKatitof

"you" in my post was more like general player, not "you" specifically even though the post might have indicated so. Too many people compare them on 1v1 against each other basis and judge the balance on that, which is plain wrong approach.

Ok. I don't disagree on this point.
12 Apr 2015, 18:03 PM

You don't even have the slightest idea on how that "slightly" more scatter value transfers on the units performance, why are you even trying to respond in this thread?
Larger AoE means shit if unit can't hit anything.

Not to mention you went full retard and used the argument that already was explained 10 times why it is bad and can't be used.
12 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 18:03 PMKatitof
You don't even have the slightest idea on how that "slightly" more scatter value transfers on the units performance, why are you even trying to respond in this thread?
Larger AoE means shit if unit can't hit anything.

Not to mention you went full retard and used the argument that already was explained 10 times why it is bad and can't be used.

I didn't read the thread considering I could see were it was going, but the Pak40 only has 10 more pen than the ZiS so it's not like you have some great AT advantage as Ostheer if you went Tigers.

And yes it only has slightly more scatter, but larger AoE. Ost only has 4 man squads making 1 shots far, far easier to pull off than against Soviets who have 6 men squads.

EDIT: lol if your seriously going to suggest Panthers give you an advantage if you went Tigers, nobody does T4 when they are going Tiger call in doctrines.
13 Apr 2015, 01:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I like being able to search my old posts easily since we've the same discussion every single time.

IS2 is better AT wise, Tiger is better AI. TTK between each other is not as different 64.41s± vs 59.69±
IS2 has an edge of 2.8s at far and at near 6.3s.
AT Guns: they have exactly the same TTK, only difference is that you have TwP to win you the battle.
Infantry AT: well...PTRS (doctrinal) + AT nades vs Faust + Shrecks
13 Apr 2015, 01:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 13:26 PMKatitof

Well surprise:
Silly argument?
Why?

p4 cost more than than sherman therefor it is reasonable that a p4 wins
also jackson is supposed to be used in long range. just as any TD are intended to
13 Apr 2015, 01:44 AM

>is2 better killing infantry than tiger
Are serious? Is2 have poor accuracy firing on infantry, tiger is better in that way. Is2 is balanced, it's good at tank but bad infantry killer. Tiger is worth in at way, but in killing infantry it is much better than is2.

perhaps you are correct that tiger kills infantry better, but "bad infantry killer" sounds like a joke
27 Apr 2015, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 15:29 PMKatitof
Actually, relic had planned soviet doctirne with T34/85 aces and there is also elite armor doctrine with vetted P4s, lets put aside how useful the doctrine is, it provide P4 aces :P

I love this guy. Most Soviet tank 'aces' racked up on average 20 kills. The lowest being only 4. I'm sorry but that is not a tank ace.
27 Apr 2015, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 17:39 PMJason

I love this guy. Most Soviet tank 'aces' racked up on average 20 kills. The lowest being only 4. I'm sorry but that is not a tank ace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aces_of_aces#Tank_aces

This is obviously evile nazi propaganda. Top german tank ace tripling top allied tank ace. But it's a little unfair. I mean the russians did throw hordes of cheap t34's in front of heavy tanks. No other nation in history was in a better position for both air and ground combat to slaughter hundreds of inferior vehicles.
The same applies to fighter aces. Literally the top 100 best fighter pilots in history rein from nazi germany. But I'm sure they all lied about their kill counts to serve as propaganda.

Waiting for the flame. :megusta:
27 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 17:39 PMJason

There are some german aces whos only achievement was surviving and escaping with multiple tanks that had few crew members killed.
Doesn't seem much of an ace and yet here they are.

@daspoulos
But everything axis made was superior!
Krupp steel!
Uber planes!
Superior trainings!
Pure race!

They had everything best and they were the best! It just happened that they have lost the war because of evil allied schemes and a lucky flank on Berlin!

Do you suggest nazi germany supreme leaders and commanders actually LIED to everyone, du dumm Untermensh? :hyper:
27 Apr 2015, 17:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 17:54 PMKatitof

There are some german aces whos only achievement was surviving and escaping with multiple tanks that had few crew members killed.
Doesn't seem much of an ace and yet here they are.

Yeah surviving engagements only to go jump back in the fight to score more kills isn't credible because crew members and vehicles have been lost lol. Keep downplaying it. I'm going to enjoy this thread.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS