Login

russian armor

Should OKW be able to build caches?

PAGES (9)down
13 Apr 2015, 20:57 PM

He had 3 AT guns at one point, he could have easily taken care of the Schwer with the AT guns + the KV8, why didn't is a mystery to me. (Also why he suicide charged 2 IS2's and 2 KGV8's at a Panther + Jadgtiger)

In perfect world, yes but during game where it's not that easy. Why? because you cannot leave 3 AT Guns without any support, you must get all your units to protect them from a OKW blob so the rest map is completly open and as OKW, since you have 8-11units, you can move 9-10units blob to protect and save schwerer while 2 will cap the whole map.

And caches/opel will provide huge buff since you can get blob and even then you are floating MP. None faction can get 9 squads blob and still float. So you end with unstopabble blob and caches everywhere. Lower income from them, higher price, and remove conversion. Maybe then..
13 Apr 2015, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 20:03 PMKatitof
There are two single reasons why OKW floats.
1) Extremely cheap teching with no side costs.
2) Extremely cost efficient infantry always inflicting more casualties then taking them.

Unless you use the finest cheeze your faction have, you'll be putting yourself at disadvantage against OKW.

And last thing the game needs is more advantages for them.

LOL this only applied to obers and they got nerfed to hell. Currently OKW is very UP because it has no advantage anywhere and still has the fuel and ammo penalty. the somewhat cheaper tech doesnt translate into a massive advantage either especially since volks are the worst starting infantry of the game.

On topic: no faction should be able to build caches in 3vs 3 or 4vs4 games to make things balanced
13 Apr 2015, 21:03 PM

In perfect world, yes but during game where it's not that easy. Why? because you cannot leave 3 AT Guns without any support, you must get all your units to protect them from a OKW blob so the rest map is completly open and as OKW, since you have 8-11units, you can move 9-10units blob to protect and save schwerer while 2 will cap the whole map.

And caches/opel will provide huge buff since you can get blob and even then you are floating MP. None faction can get 9 squads blob and still float. So you end with unstopabble blob and caches everywhere. Lower income from them, higher price, and remove conversion. Maybe then..

The KV8 can kill a Schwer in seconds, especially with AT gun support. Him failing to kill it was just weird not really indicative of the Schwer being OP.

Anyway, the 9 squad problem comes from the fact you can't make anything but more infantry. The minute I had fuel for a Panther I made it. After that? What was I supposed to do, I had a buttload of MP and no fuel to buy anything else.

Remove conversion and give Opal trucks sounds fine to me, Opal are easier to kill than caches anyway and they reward skillful play more as well.
13 Apr 2015, 21:07 PM

The KV8 can kill a Schwer in seconds, especially with AT gun support. Him failing to kill it was just weird not really indicative of the Schwer being OP.

Anyway, the 9 squad problem comes from the fact you can't make anything but more infantry. The minute I had fuel for a Panther I made it. After that? What was I supposed to do, I had a buttload of MP and no fuel to buy anything else.

Remove conversion and give Opal trucks sounds fine to me, Opal are easier to kill than caches anyway and they reward skillful play more as well.

But you dont see the point.
Non faction can get 9 units blob and spam caches unless you have very good preservation.
There is no downside for OKW with caches/opels. Other factions must think if they want get another squad or maybe hold with they have and get caches. It's not the case for OKW. You have blob and you have MP for caches. No downside - huge buff.

And sending KV8 to get Schwerer when there is a Panther seems like a bad idea.
13 Apr 2015, 21:20 PM

Oh and before I forget

http://www.coh2.org/replay/33473/vs-alexzander

Turns out you had a replay of the Jadgtiger winning a game in your uploads all along!

Ironically this is a great example how single tank can get behind Jadgtiger and kill it off. Your Panther got few lucky bounces that's why it stayed alive.
Also after seeing you play my opinion about you doesn't change. I know why i lost. I played badly this game, but you're just a bad player.
13 Apr 2015, 21:22 PM
Patrion 14

How about giving the caches a flat bonus that is split among the players? That way there's an incentive to build them but it doesn't scale up as much in team games.
13 Apr 2015, 21:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Oh and before I forget

http://www.coh2.org/replay/33473/vs-alexzander

Turns out you had a replay of the Jadgtiger winning a game in your uploads all along!

Dont ignore me

1v1
13 Apr 2015, 21:31 PM

But you dont see the point.
Non faction can get 9 units blob and spam caches unless you have very good preservation.
There is no downside for OKW with caches/opels. Other factions must think if they want get another squad or maybe hold with they have and get caches. It's not the case for OKW. You have blob and you have MP for caches. No downside - huge buff.

And sending KV8 to get Schwerer when there is a Panther seems like a bad idea.

Uh yes you can. This is literally how call in meta works. I only had so many squads because I didn't have any other spending options other than just more infantry in the form of Obers/Fuss/Sturmoffizer. Oz spammed infantry and waited for call in tanks, I spammed infantry and waited for tanks. The only difference was he was using call ins and I was building them from my trucks.

(And that's why you support the KV8 with AT guns!).

Ironically this is a great example how single tank can get behind Jadgtiger and kill it off. Your Panther got few lucky bounces that's why it stayed alive.
Also after seeing you play my opinion about you doesn't change. I know why i lost. I played badly this game, but you're just a bad player.

Dude your going to make everyone go deaf from sonic booms of you moving those goal posts.

Dont ignore me

1v1

I thought you had me blocked :snfPeter:
13 Apr 2015, 22:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Langres? Who was on north?
13 Apr 2015, 23:10 PM

Langres? Who was on north?

Me. He got to chose the map tho.
13 Apr 2015, 23:34 PM

14 Apr 2015, 01:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Me. He got to chose the map tho.

WP then, cause if it was the other way round, there was no point in doing that match.
14 Apr 2015, 03:09 AM

WP then, cause if it was the other way round, there was no point in doing that match.

Okay? Iv never played 1's so I have no idea which maps are balanced or not.
14 Apr 2015, 05:33 AM

I know why i lost. I played badly this game, but you're just a bad player.

You know what? Shut up allready, he beated you on 1v1, have some decency. Untill you do the same, you have no right to make such comments.
And why he played so badly you smart asses here? I didn't see him making micro mistakes tbh, he managed to dodge every time when needed and he avoided squad losses quite well. More than this, he managed to assure map presence and constantly threat the opponent's fuel. And sovies still managed to field 2 IS2s and one KV8 (or there were two??). Omg don't you see who is the real OP faction here? Who has all the options, can build so many vehicles?
I can't beleive you guys are crying about the mp float instead taking a real look to the doctrine Alex played. 90% of its infantry was cheap. Cheap to reinforce, cheap to deploy. Crappy in terms of efficiency (I don't think you will compare fusiliers with Falls JLIs or Obersoldaten), but he compensate this with the sturm officer, which is a risky choice all around except realy small maps like this one. In other words he did exactly what he was supposed to, with all the right choices and good micro.
And you tried to discredit him. You should be ashamed. All of you. And if it's the first 1v1 he played with OKW on this map, it's even more worthy. I played this map in 1v1 with all factions including OKW and I have to admit I'm afraid I didn't play it that well.
14 Apr 2015, 05:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 05:33 AMJohnnyB

You know what? Shut up allready, he beated you on 1v1. Untill you do the same, you have no right to make such comments.

And who asked you?

First of all he bearly beat me and secpnd of all I was playing him after all so I was able to see it myself. I know when I see good player and he isn't one. I had my arse handed to me before as well so no biggy.

14 Apr 2015, 05:57 AM

Dats cute

1v1 me :snfBarton:

Ya know what smarty pants? Even if you beated him that wouldn't mean anything because - unlike you - he didn't play 1v1s as you can freely see in his player card. So bullying him will not grow you from a little baby in diapers into a man. In fact, I don't realy know what it would, you seem hopeless to me.
14 Apr 2015, 06:34 AM

And who asked you?

First of all he bearly beat me and secpnd of all I was playing him after all so I was able to see it myself. I know when I see good player and he isn't one. I had my arse handed to me before as well so no biggy.

"barely", yeah dude once that JT out it was GG for you. I applaud your balls to claim you only barely lost when you lost every single one of your tanks in an ill fated and ill advised suicide charge but you demanded a game, and you lost because of rookie mistakes.

I'm not a 1's player by any margin (fuck, I just did my 2's build because I had no idea how to do a 1's build), but shit like sitting shock troops at max range, charging into your own flame barrages, and sitting mortars next to sturm pios is fairly obviously dumb.

Don't get salty because you thought you would get an easy win and it back fired on you.
14 Apr 2015, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 05:33 AMJohnnyB

You know what? Shut up allready, he beated you on 1v1, have some decency. Untill you do the same, you have no right to make such comments.
And why he played so badly you smart asses here? I didn't see him making micro mistakes tbh, he managed to dodge every time when needed and he avoided squad losses quite well. More than this, he managed to assure map presence and constantly threat the opponent's fuel. And sovies still managed to field 2 IS2s and one KV8 (or there were two??). Omg don't you see who is the real OP faction here? Who has all the options, can build so many vehicles?
I can't beleive you guys are crying about the mp float instead taking a real look to the doctrine Alex played. 90% of its infantry was cheap. Cheap to reinforce, cheap to deploy. Crappy in terms of efficiency (I don't think you will compare fusiliers with Falls JLIs or Obersoldaten), but he compensate this with the sturm officer, which is a risky choice all around except realy small maps like this one. In other words he did exactly what he was supposed to, with all the right choices and good micro.
And you tried to discredit him. You should be ashamed. All of you. And if it's the first 1v1 he played with OKW on this map, it's even more worthy. I played this map in 1v1 with all factions including OKW and I have to admit I'm afraid I didn't play it that well.

Lol, Sturm officer + Volks/fusillers blobs is a 3vs3 - 4vs4 usual shitty strat. Nothing knew here.
How is it call again, ah yes, cheese strat.
- How can I make sure my blob playstyle is the most effective possible?
- Pop a sturm officier!

You don't need obers or falls, just focus fire at max range and it works pretty well AI and AT.

Anyway, that's a victory for Alex. Maybe you can organize a 2vs2 you and Alex vs Queen and whoever! Popcorn time !!

14 Apr 2015, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 07:14 AMEsxile

Anyway, that's a victory for Alex. Maybe you can organize a 2vs2 you and Alex vs Queen and whoever! Popcorn time !!

Well why not? That would be interesting, I like 2v2s no matter if I lose or win.
14 Apr 2015, 09:22 AM

"barely", yeah dude once that JT out it was GG for you. I applaud your balls to claim you only barely lost when you lost every single one of your tanks in an ill fated and ill advised suicide charge but you demanded a game, and you lost because of rookie mistakes.

I'm not a 1's player by any margin (fuck, I just did my 2's build because I had no idea how to do a 1's build), but shit like sitting shock troops at max range, charging into your own flame barrages, and sitting mortars next to sturm pios is fairly obviously dumb.

Don't get salty because you thought you would get an easy win and it back fired on you.

I do admit I thought it would be an easy win but game wasn't over because of Jadgtiger.
In fact your Jadgtiger survived with a sliver of health and it would be dead if it wasn't for few lucky bounces. Then I'd take care of your Panther as it was down to half of its health and it would have been gg as your infantry was almost all gone by this point.

I made tactical mistake not getting few more Cons early or 2nd maxim. You blob so hard it would be very easy to stop you. I lost my mortar because your SP came from behind the hedge (fog of war) and I didn't retreat in time. You salvaged it otherwise I'd recruit it again.
Also if it hasn't been OKW I'd constantly harassing your fuel. You bearly done that.
I'd recommend you to play some more 1v1 and see for yourself how far can you go.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment