Login

russian armor

Ostheer, the never ending struggle

PAGES (13)down
16 Apr 2015, 14:45 PM

Allies easy mode since release? Someone hasn't paid very much attention to what happened since

Well, its hard to see everything if you are sitting in a mental panzer and looking into a single direction, willingly ignoring what happens behind your back :)
16 Apr 2015, 17:00 PM

How many games? You can't just try out a faction for 10 games and say "oh this is easy, LOL"

The matchmaker doesn't even give you a BALANCED match up until you've played 20-30 games... Let alone a high level matchup where people actually play properly..

bibi I'm also curious as to how allies are SoOoOoOo OP in your hands and in your mind, when you don't have a notable win ratio with allies at all in any mode, played 0 USF games, and you're primarily an axis player.

There's this thing called "know your enemy."

I'll bet my left nut you come back in a few days with the same or similar win ratio you have as axis once you've actually tried allies for a similar amount of time.

Oh right, you found my stats. Cookie for you ;)

Anyway please point out where I said Allies are OP as in overpowered. Please go ahead and if you find it I stand corrected. As I've pointed out the allied feels less stressing to play and more forgiving. As Sovjet with the IS-2/KV-8 commander I often float munition because there's nothing to use it on so I can put down a fuckton of mines. Shock troops are ninjas you can charge ahead with no worries. You always have munition for barrage mode with Zis (which is a beast).

I'm not a pro player and never claimed to be. I had a shitty W/R ration, but fair enough, but since last night I've played 6 games as sovjet and you know what? Not once was I stressed or bothered by anything. My friend (I mostly play with the same person) had 1 disconnect in a game we was already winning (I left to continue playing with my friend) and a second loss today because we derped around when we were 350pts vs 45pts which lost us the game. I think I've had 3 games with IS-2 and 3 games with guards + 120mm mortar.

We could have won 6 games in a row. I'm not saying it'll continue like that, but who cares? We're having fun. You might disagree with me and that's fine so let's see in a couple of weeks time if I'm still having fun. So far I'm just experimenting and I haven't felt like I've been punished for that, yet.

With that said I'm having a hard time seeing the commander system not being due for a change. The only fuel I'm currently spending is so I can get a Zis and anti tank grenades. That's what? 75 fuel?

If I can save manpower/infantry loses there's nothing stopping me from spamming IS-2 tanks.
16 Apr 2015, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 14:45 PMKatitof

Well, its hard to see everything if you are sitting in a mental panzer and looking into a single direction, willingly ignoring what happens behind your back :)

He must of forgot how two weeks into launch they nerfed the shit out of Soviet T2 and buffed all of the Ostheer weapons teams. there were instant pinning mg42s, and T2/T3 where literally never seen because there was only one way to stay in the game which was sniper clown cars into the OP SU-85s.

There were also Pgren blobs that were way worse than any blob today, as well as game ending flame halftrack :foreveralone:

This was soon fallowed by nerfing of SU-85s, where Soviets had to deal with then to Opel truck strafe spam that was released.

this garbage continued until Soviets were brought back to being OP with the release of Windustry, but at the same time there was the newly released Tiger ace doc :*(

Later into the first march deployment when lieterally every axis unit was better than the Soviet units and pios were killing everything :lolol:

into the stale meta of march deployment part two call in meta begining where Soviets were considered OP only on the basis the ISU was way over powered and ignoring how the rest of the faction was trash. about this time Soviets got their T2 back to some degree.

Enter WFA where the first week allies were way op due to USF AA halftrack, and everyone thought OKW was way under powered except a few far sighted individuals like myself. nerf USF and over buff OKW and we have the second worst time to play coh2 in the history of the game behind the part A march deployment patch. Kubel Jesus, truck pushing, and all of the glorious OKW units which didnt even really get adjusted (just the incomes and a price or so).

Yea Allies were OP for like 2 months of the total life of this game :foreveralone:
16 Apr 2015, 17:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

"U found mah stats" because only a primarily one way player would make the claims you make, I had to take a peek.

"oh they're easy to play,so forgiving" 36-31 record. Wouldn't you have a much better ratio if they were so easy to play?

And that feeling of "easyness,no stress" that you have, is called actually playing the other faction and experiencing a different playstyle for once. It's fun to do that.

All I'm telling you is to play allies as much as you play axis and you'll soon find that allies isn't some walk in the park once you start playing people that know how to ,you know,NOT suck?

16 Apr 2015, 17:48 PM

Clown cars and the ridiculous flame half track back then was hilarious. Remember burning retreating units like it was nothing :p

16 Apr 2015, 17:49 PM

Ostheer are actually beast. Stop saying bullshit on "ost bad state". They lack of arty but have all they need.

16 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM

Clown cars and the ridiculous flame half track back then was hilarious. Remember burning retreating units like it was nothing :p

I like how you picked the one thing, that is still consistently in the game even with all the other frustrating things Soviets had to deal with :megusta:
16 Apr 2015, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 14:30 PMKatitof

I think you confused rank with prestige and level, the latter have nothing to do with skill.

I am talking about both. I fought players who are in top 50 and most were very disappointing.
16 Apr 2015, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned

I am talking about both. I fought players who are in top 50 and most were very disappointing.

badass?
16 Apr 2015, 18:38 PM

Fair enough, even I've met people like that.
16 Apr 2015, 19:08 PM

Permanently Banned
I remember when all soviet infantry had 'For Mother Russia' which made them on par with German Grenns for the duration of the ability (in before they became less potent due to patches). They removed that, pity..
17 Apr 2015, 02:11 AM

The only fuel I'm currently spending is so I can get a Zis and anti tank grenades. That's what? 75 fuel?

If I can save manpower/infantry loses there's nothing stopping me from spamming IS-2 tanks.

Enough said about soviets.Most soviet players do this,including u see in streams.Only excepetion is if they need a katyusha or new PTRS abuse.Is2 is iwin button.
17 Apr 2015, 05:19 AM

I feel like half the threads on the "Game-play" and "Balance" forums have just become pro allies players attacking pro axis players. While its fun to watch, it really doesn't make the game any bit better. Let the other person enjoy a faction more than another. You don't need to tell them there opinion is biased because everyone with a brain can see it.
17 Apr 2015, 06:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I feel like half the threads on the "Game-play" and "Balance" forums have just become pro allies players attacking pro axis players. While its fun to watch, it really doesn't make the game any bit better. Let the other person enjoy a faction more than another. You don't need to tell them there opinion is biased because everyone with a brain can see it.

I really could care less if someone loves axis, what annoys me is when one sided player says "allies/axis Are so EZ mode" and barely play(or in some cases,never play)the other side.

Guy number 1:"Hey man, i hate peanut butter on my sandwiches,i think it overpowers the flavor of the Jelly. I love jelly-only sandwiches."
Guy number 2:"Have you tried peanut butter on your sandwiches before?"
Guy number 1:"No,but once,I stuck my finger in a jar of peanut butter and licked my finger to taste the peanut butter,I didn't really like the peanut butter, so I've always stuck with jelly instead.,but other than that not really. I've never tasted them together on a sandwich"

I get sick of reading openly biased balance threads
17 Apr 2015, 07:03 AM

Permanently Banned

Pershing plz Kappa
17 Apr 2015, 07:29 AM

I really could care less if someone loves axis, what annoys me is when one sided player says "allies/axis Are so EZ mode" and barely play(or in some cases,never play)the other side.

Guy number 1:"Hey man, i hate peanut butter on my sandwiches,i think it overpowers the flavor of the Jelly. I love jelly-only sandwiches."
Guy number 2:"Have you tried peanut butter on your sandwiches before?"
Guy number 1:"No,but once,I stuck my finger in a jar of peanut butter and licked my finger to taste the peanut butter,I didn't really like the peanut butter, so I've always stuck with jelly instead.,but other than that not really. I've never tasted them together on a sandwich"

^This.

Nothing more amusing and sad at the same time then one army heroes saying opposing armies are OP.
How can they know that if the unit looks is all they understand about opposing faction if they haven't played it, they don't know economy, they don't know armies game flow, they don't know weaknesses(seriously, the only truly effective way to know armies weaknesses is TO PLAY IT AND LOSE TO BETTER PLAYERS so you can check the rep and see what happened), but they act like all-knowing.
17 Apr 2015, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 13:16 PMKatitof

At that ranks, for me the thing that matters and makes the difference is the skill, not the balance, not in this patch.
I rarely lose to 'abuses', because I am able to counter them within the skill level I pay in.
Obviously it also is important to note the severity of (im)balance.

Old obers or KT for example, you could do nothing to that no matter how hard you've tried.
But right now, where balance while not completely perfect, is definitely NOT a deciding or even major factor at all.

Oh, and it would be AWESOME if you weren't acting like a dick and pulled half of the sentence out of context and acted like its a separate, independent statement.

This post states the exact opposite from the former statement. I Think you agree. I pulled the last one out by itself for a reason. And it was not to be a dick. The context could not have saved it.
17 Apr 2015, 09:10 AM

One question allied defenders really need to ask is why soviets are the only faction that don't need to tech to EZ win.
Just stay with zis,mines and ur 6 man infantry squads then call in iwin is2 cheatbutton in quick succession,or abuse PTRS .
Comapre this to wehrmacht teching requirements..and u dare talk abt balance.
Game has become a joke.
17 Apr 2015, 09:15 AM

One question allied defenders really need to ask is why soviets are the only faction that don't need to tech to EZ win.

The questions should be:
Why soviets are the only faction that needs certain doctrine to win?
Why soviets are the only faction that needs to use call-in armor to be on pair?

Just stay with zis,mines and ur 6 man infantry squads then call in iwin is2 cheatbutton in quick succession,or abuse PTRS .
Game has become a joke.

That is different then Ost dual pak with heavy T1 stall into a tiger or CAS abuse how?
Captain Hypocrite here just got promoted to Major Hypocrite.
17 Apr 2015, 09:31 AM

Game has become a joke.

What is Mechanized Assault?
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment