Login

russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
8 Apr 2015, 16:53 PM
Donator 11

Dear Relic COH2 Game balance team:
Hi! My name is PauL.a.D. I am the host of HOI, Heart of Iron clan. Now I’m Ranked #1 Chinese in Coh2. (USF #1 OKW #6 Soviet #1 OSTHEER #1 in 1v1). There are a lot of Chinese player in this game and they LOVE it. However after last patch at March 31rst 2015, they made lots of complaint towards balance. Here are my opinions:
First: The core combatants of some factions got altered a lot in last patch.
Truck-push tactic got nerfed, which I’ll accept, but please my dear Relic. Please don’t nerf the truck to the ground. You are here to balance the game, not to destroy some of the tactic once and for all. I am the one who was well known to use truck-push effectively, but now. I am forced not to do so. I think truck’s Armor need to be set to 3.5, but instead truck killing award about 2000 exp, enough for any units to gain veteran. That will be good for balance. At least I can still truck-push it:)

1. Soviet SNIPER nerf: It’s good and reasonable, although I feel a bit down since I always like double sniper. Soviet sniper now cost 320MP.

2. Obersoldaten nerf : It’s reasonable but a bit too harsh, Guards troops with DP28 have more dps output than Ober with Mg34, and way cheaper and easy to get in early game. I think it’s better to set Mg34 at 40muni or buff the dmg back to 8. As for Mp44 upgrade, it’s still good, a better option than before. And I Think if there is an option that after OBER get the LMG34 and spend 90 muni more for 1 STG 44. That will be good idea. So it will be 1 LMG34 1 STG44 cost total 130 muni.

3. New Bulletin: OBER’s upgrade cost 8% less munitions.

4. Volksgrenadiers Vet 3 set to Passive Healing, -15% received accuracy.

5. LE IG 18 Infantry Support Gun now has 6 man crew.

6. King Tiger Set it 400 front armor. (when u have KT soviet should have enough fuel call in 2 IS2) and the vet 3 'Spearhead' ability now adding -15% reload + 10% range. Please IS-2 vet 3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration and KT got nothing???
Set KT Cost 700 MP and 250 FUEL.

7. IS2- and TIGER I‘s main gun damage set it to 180. Please they are heavy tanks. 88mm and 122mm mean something, they CAN DEAL more dmg than 75mm or 3 inch gun

8. M4A3E8 set it to Front armor 235 rear 105. 720 HP. Cost 460 MP and 155 fuel. Please give USF a tank that can deal with panther. More powerful but more expensive .

9. All sherman’s smoke screen should cost 40 munitions.

10. Fallschirmjäger Now cost 400 MP to call in. Airborne Assault now cost 200 munitions.

11. 2CP - Signal Relay cost 30 munitions. Emergency Repairs cost 30 munitions . Anti-Tank (HEAT) Shells cost 35 munitions. Panzer IV Ausf J now comes with armor skirt and it cost 680 MP and 190 fuel. (Elite Armour Doc is just useless now, have some buff won’t hurt and is good for sale).

12. Infiltration Tactics cost 20 munitions.

13. Flak Emplacements do not cost popcap.

14. Stormtroopers now cost 400 MP to call in and it have 5 man, 10 pop. MP44 and anti tank combat package can upgrade at the same time. 60 munitions for 3 X MP44. 60 munitions for at package. Break supply line can now destroy cache at once. Break through now cost 30 fuel. Close the pocket now cost 180 munitions.

15. G43 package upgrade for Ostheer GRENS need to be more expensive but more powerful, G43 can now upgrade with LMG42 but cost more. Total 120 muni. (45 for G43 than LMG cost 75 or 60 for LMG than 60 for G43).

16. Command PZ IV now need 7 CP to call in.

17. Command Panther need 9 CP to call in. Coordinated Fire now cost 55 munitions.

18. PTRS Accuracy set to 0.20 / 0.40 / 0.50 (Don’t u think PTRS SPAM is way too OP???)

19. Pioneers Sight set to 40.

20. USF M2 FLAMER now COST 70 munitions.

21. USF BAR now cost 50 munitions. Cost 150 MP 25 fuel to unlock.

22. USF Bazooka now cost 55 munitions.

23. GUARDS DP LMG now COST 60 munitions.

24. Sturm Offizier’s force retreat now cost 45 munitions. And it will not inspires nearby units

25. SU-76 Now cost 250 MP 50 FUEL ,POP 7. PEN now 125/110/100 Light Artillery Barrage CD 40 seconds.

26. Sdkfz 251 don’t need Battle phase 2 to unlock Flame projectors.

Hope this letter will open a portal for us player to advice for Relic Balance team.

Live Long and Prosper

Written by -HOI-PauL.a.D.
Edited by -HOI-Yakumo Yukari.
Checked by some top ten player.

8 Apr 2015, 16:59 PM

I'd hardly call truck pushing a tactic. It was more of a near risk-free abuse that gives you an early game 200 man power advantage.

For the rest: it would be helpful to tell us why you think certain things are necessary. For example, why the BAR unlock should cost 25 fuel.
8 Apr 2015, 17:10 PM
Donator 11

I'd hardly call truck pushing a tactic. It was more of a near risk-free abuse that gives you an early game 200 man power advantage.

For the rest: it would be helpful to tell us why you think certain things are necessary. For example, why the BAR unlock should cost 25 fuel.

That is not a power advantage. It got nerf already.

When I play as USF or soviet I never think truck push is powerful.

But I do think RM and cons is powerful.

BAR unlock should cost 25 fuel compare to molotov and AT nade unlock.
8 Apr 2015, 17:11 PM

Trying to validate the truck push as a legitimate tactic? That is pretty entitled.
8 Apr 2015, 17:15 PM
Patrion 14

I hope this letter passes our editing room first.
8 Apr 2015, 17:20 PM
Patrion 14

TL;DR

Axis - wahahhhhhhhhhh please nerf allies kthxbye
8 Apr 2015, 17:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Paul you're good and all and you have tons of respect from me,but you cannot be seriously defending truck pushing..
it was completely broken for when it was available.

and a good player abusing this on the right map makes it feel almost like cheating when playing against it. Maybe you top 10s enjoy gameplay like this, idk. If so I think that's extremely weird.

It's already tough to beat someone like you, you don't HAVE to be cheap..
8 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM
Donator 33

TL;DR

Axis - wahahhhhhhhhhh please nerf allies kthxbye

What are you talking about? There're buffs and nerfs for both factions in this list.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to add some things:

- le.IG Vet 1 ability shouldn't be a barrage but a timed ability like the JT's piercing rounds.

- Vet requirements for Sturmtiger and Le.IG reduced.

- JT CP to 12 and cost to 270

- Volks receive Pzfausts + AI upgrade (Kar98 damage from 10 to 13), Strumpioneers get double shrecks for 120MU

- maybe ammo income back to 100%??
8 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM
Donator 11

Paul you're good and all and you have tons of respect from me,but you cannot be seriously defending truck pushing..
it was completely broken for when it was available.

and a good player abusing this on the right map makes it feel almost like cheating when playing against it. Maybe you top 10s enjoy gameplay like this, idk. If so I think that's extremely weird.

It's already tough to beat someone like you, you don't HAVE to be cheap..

Well like I say it got nerf already.

And yes some map truck pushing is a bit OP (north of road to Kharkov)

But the problem is the map Not the truck.

You are here to balance the game, not to destroy some of the tactic once and for all.

Maybe there is some tatics like BLOB-abusing But it is part of the game.

Some player they are good at spam - BLOB and they paid for the game.

U cant just saying something is lame and then kills it.

All I am asking is do not destroy what we have but to balance it.

Go take a look My USF have +50 win streak. What can OKW stop USF early push? u teach me.
8 Apr 2015, 17:33 PM
Donator 11

What are you talking about? There're buffs and nerfs for both factions in this list.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to add some things:

- le.IG Vet 1 ability shouldn't be a barrage but a timed ability like the JT's piercing rounds.

- Vet requirements for Sturmtiger and Le.IG reduced.

- JT CP to 12 and cost to 270

- Volks receive Pzfausts + AI upgrade (Kar98 damage from 10 to 13), Strumpioneers get double shrecks for 120MU

- maybe ammo income back to 100%??

That is way too op bro.
8 Apr 2015, 17:36 PM
Donator 33

That is way too op bro.

You say this is OP but want to give the KT +5 range and higher RoF at vet 3 + reduce costs? WUUUT?

What exactly do you think is OP?
8 Apr 2015, 17:41 PM
Donator 11

You say this is OP but want to give the KT +5 range and higher RoF at vet 3 + reduce costs? WUUUT?

What exactly do you think is OP?

For KT u have to activate vet 3 'Spearhead' ability to gain that.
8 Apr 2015, 17:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well like I say it got nerf already.

And yes some map truck pushing is a bit OP (nort of road to Kharkov)

But the problem is the map Not the truck.

You are here to balance the game, not to destroy some of the tactic once and for all.

Maybe there is some tatics like BLOB-abusing But it is part of the game.

All I am asking is do not destroy what we have but to balance it.

Go take a look My USF have +50 win streak. What can OKW stop USF early push? u teach me.

It wasn't a nerf,it was a fix..that's not strategy, it's soft ballless cheating..its exploiting something that wasn't intended. I seriously doubt relic wanted the SWS to be used to push people out of cover to be suppressed 45 seconds in to the game..no way. No way that was intended.

if you think OKW is just helpless against USF without a truck push then maybe use your experience and voice to suggest a FUN for EVERYONE buff for OKW. No one likes playing against a good Kubel truck pusher. That's completely stupid gameplay..

this is a GAME after all..

By the way what was your best OKW streak abusing this truck push? 30?40?
8 Apr 2015, 17:43 PM

Permanently Banned
Wow Paul write somthing about allies buff :p, really.
8 Apr 2015, 17:46 PM
Donator 11

It wasn't a nerf,it was a fix..that's not strategy, it's soft ballless cheating..its exploiting something that wasn't intended. I seriously doubt relic wanted the SWS to be used to push people out of cover to be suppressed 45 seconds in to the game..no way. No way that was intended.

if you think OKW is just helpless against USF without a truck push then maybe use your experience and voice to suggest a FUN for EVERYONE buff for OKW. No one likes playing against a good Kubel truck pusher. That's completely stupid gameplay..

this is a GAME after all..

By the way what was your best OKW streak abusing this truck push? 30?40?

I admit that truck push is a bit op at old times.

But like I say it got nerfed arleady.

Now just need to balance the truck. a bit.

Well I dont use kubel because I knew My kubel will out of control some time and early kubel OKW will gain less points at the begining.
8 Apr 2015, 17:50 PM

I stopped reading when this guy tried to support the return of HQ truck EXPLOIT as if it was an intentional game mechanic. I am glad you are the super chinese coh2 player, not strange if you tend to abuse the game in such ways.
8 Apr 2015, 17:50 PM
Donator 11

I hope this letter passes our editing room first.

Well~ share some thought here Boss?
8 Apr 2015, 17:52 PM

I'm pretty sure the SwS supposed to be a very slow, weak, useless truck.

Also, which top players checked your letter?
8 Apr 2015, 17:52 PM
Donator 33

For KT u have to activate vet 3 'Spearhead' ability to gain that.

So, in addition to the Spearhead bonuses you want to increase range/decrease reload? Increasing armor as well as decreasing costs is a bit much.

Spearhead is already a good ability without a drawback, why making it more powerful?

What exactly do you think is OP about my changes??
8 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM

A free unit shouldn't be deciding engagements, full stop. If truck pushing is indeed a legitimate tactic, then trucks should cost.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS