Login

russian armor

Fortifications: Great Doctrine or the Greatest Doctrine?

6 Apr 2015, 11:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I love this Commander

The PAK 43 is finally in a faction that actually has the manpower to build it, stacking Raketenwerfer with MG34s in buildings covers your bases and zeroing artillery will obliterate everything.

6 Apr 2015, 12:51 PM

2v2.
Ost + Okw.
Late game.
Elephnat behind KT and KT covered by Pak43 :foreveralone:
6 Apr 2015, 12:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Allied Commander in that situation...

6 Apr 2015, 13:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

There are too many instant counters for PAK43 in team games that I stopped building them. They'll last for a few minutes while the arty reloads and then poof, gone.
6 Apr 2015, 14:14 PM

I love putting the Pak43 within range of Med Truck so as to constantly replenish its crew. If its destroyed salvage and build again :)
6 Apr 2015, 14:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There are too many instant counters for PAK43 in team games that I stopped building them. They'll last for a few minutes while the arty reloads and then poof, gone.

500 MP in a faction that floats manpower

And if they are dropping artillery on it they aren't shooting at your trucks...
6 Apr 2015, 15:24 PM

Permanently Banned

that med hq....

+you can repair it, noob :welcome:
6 Apr 2015, 16:09 PM

I love this Commander

The PAK 43 is finally in a faction that actually has the manpower to build it, stacking Raketenwerfer with MG34s in buildings covers your bases and zeroing artillery will obliterate everything.

It is a good commander, but it all depends on the commander choice of ur opponent. Fortification is ruled out against commanders with off map arty. it's not cheap and u can't always afford to lose it. Zero arty is great but it needs vision and 300 ammo! U don't have access to any call in inf. or armor. I guess it works the best in 1v1s.
6 Apr 2015, 17:55 PM

It is a good commander, but it all depends on the commander choice of ur opponent. Fortification is ruled out against commanders with off map arty. it's not cheap and u can't always afford to lose it. Zero arty is great but it needs vision and 300 ammo! U don't have access to any call in inf. or armor. I guess it works the best in 1v1s.

Primarily play 3v3 and 4v4 with friends and I keep it in the rotation, but very rarely use it. Luftwaffe almost always gives me more bang for the buck. You get an MG which in certain games is crucial to stop the giant wave attacks some allied players throw at you, slit trenches are great for Mgs and AT pop gun, and you get all the emplacements you need.

And while the falsch are expensive and aren't exactly durable, they can really screw up an opponents day by providing immediate reinforcements to the line or popping behind to end a rocket trucks reign of terror. Incorporate them with your ground forces and the DPS jump is certainly noticeable. The air assault has also saved some very close games at the last moment.

I do like fortifications, but the PAK 43 range almost always feels just a few yards too short. Combine that with the almost constant indirect from allies, and well you just spent 500 manpower on something that rarely lives. But lord, against certain players... its like playing wack a mole with their tanks. Plus, I like playing the spoiler, keeping folks off their game or spoiling their attacks while my friends hold the line. Those minefields, and cheap mg emplacements are great.
6 Apr 2015, 19:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

that med hq....

+you can repair it, noob :welcome:

There is no repairing when its destroyed. Between 2 allied players usually one of them will have an offmap bombing run of some sort that will destroy it instantly, or a B4.
6 Apr 2015, 23:47 PM
Donator 11

There is no repairing when its destroyed. Between 2 allied players usually one of them will have an offmap bombing run of some sort that will destroy it instantly, or a B4.

Dunno about the others, but i always got it in my 2v2-4v4 loadouts, even when the enemy has offmaps it's still viable for the economical tradeoff.
So, if the enemy doesn't know about it you usually get 1-2 tank kills before it's destroyed, which is a really good outcome for you.
7 Apr 2015, 12:02 PM

It's a nice doctrine if you're focusing on a particular point eg holding your fuel. I tend to use it from time to time and proper use of the Pak allows you to bank for a KT which is always nice.
7 Apr 2015, 17:11 PM

Very well and a pain in the ass if your opponents are stupid enough to chose a commander without offmap when they see you using this commander. I used it a lot months ago but the last months people l2p and usually have some kind of offmap to destroy it.

Great for 1vs1 tough to use against Shock Rifle & Guard motor & Airborne.
8 Apr 2015, 08:08 AM

I build it only in two games, in the first one 2vs2 vs a US player that rushed with 4 or 5 Easy8s, my two pak 43 killed them easily, even though it was close quarters on Rails and Metal And I lost one of them.
Second game on minsk pocket it got destroyed a few seconds after being built by a B4. Damn those allied offmap arty!
11 Apr 2015, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 08:08 AMxamoel
I build it only in two games, in the first one 2vs2 vs a US player that rushed with 4 or 5 Easy8s, my two pak 43 killed them easily, even though it was close quarters on Rails and Metal And I lost one of them.
Second game on minsk pocket it got destroyed a few seconds after being built by a B4. Damn those allied offmap arty!

B4 isnt offmap arty... :/
11 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM

He couldn't get to it probably so it might as well be.
B4 blew stuff up and thats what matters :D.
12 Apr 2015, 10:11 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 08:08 AMxamoel

Rule #1 for pak43: always build it hidden, and always put it on AT mode.
You want it to be targeted, but only after it did some damage.

just my 2 cents.
14 Apr 2015, 10:18 AM
Donator 11

Although the Pak 43 performs pretty well I would like to see a Flak 88 though
Please Relic, please!

Would be a great addition to the Ostheer and its "worse" anti aircraft ability...
17 Apr 2015, 09:51 AM

FlaK 36 is way worse than PaK43. I'm glad they put PaK43 in game instead of making FlaK a super-cannon that it wasn't.
17 Apr 2015, 11:56 AM

FlaK 36 is way worse than PaK43. I'm glad they put PaK43 in game instead of making FlaK a super-cannon that it wasn't.

To be fair, it would perform similarly against most Allied tanks, namely anything besides IS-2 and ISU-152.

I think it would be interesting to have a Flak 36 with no building penetration, less penetration and higher penetration dropoff at range, but with a swiwel mount, optional HE shells and AA capability. Perhaps even higher fire rate.

Something like Panther penetration.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment