Login

russian armor

1.6 million CoH2 copies sold ?

3 Apr 2015, 21:40 PM
3 Apr 2015, 21:43 PM

was it not the 4th most sold games last year on steam? Now the milking will start, can´t wait :)
3 Apr 2015, 21:49 PM
Patrion 28

i do not understand this graph. supposedly the game lost 100k sales in a week?
3 Apr 2015, 21:55 PM

but then CoH2 couldnt have been sold 4 million times, as VanVoorts graph indicated :(
3 Apr 2015, 22:28 PM

but then CoH2 couldnt have been sold 4 million times, as VanVoorts graph indicated :(

I wouldn't count on that guy's source :P
4 Apr 2015, 02:31 AM
Patrion 14

The wording was vague, something to the point of 4 million "units". Perhaps individual DLC commander purchase was counted. Or WFA and AA were separate from this graph. Et cetera.
4 Apr 2015, 02:40 AM

And there's how many people still playing?
4 Apr 2015, 07:52 AM

There is something wrong in the graphs of all games. How is it possible to lose "owners" ? If you sold a unit this unit is SOLD even if you never play with it. Furthermore, in Steam is not possible to "delete" or "sell" a game in your library
5 Apr 2015, 00:31 AM

Steamspy is an estimate which changes over time. It will never give you exactly correct numbers but there's a good chance it's roughly in the right ballpark.
5 Apr 2015, 01:05 AM

Because it could be alot that only play campaign with coh2 everyday Kappa
5 Apr 2015, 06:39 AM
Patrion 28

i suppose it could be number of games installed.
7 Apr 2015, 06:01 AM
Donator 11

i suppose it could be number of games installed.

Your profile doesn't track which game is installed, publicly.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xxx/games/ shows the games you own, their "playtime", and if you have played them in the past 2 weeks.

A tiny official report by Sega:
http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/201503_3q_tanshinhosoku_e_final.pdf

They also reported 680k units of COH2 sold for their fiscal year ending march 31st 2014, the other source started around that time and claims 4m units sold since then... probably including DLC in general?
7 Apr 2015, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 06:01 AMkamk

Your profile doesn't track which game is installed, publicly.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xxx/games/ shows the games you own, their "playtime", and if you have played them in the past 2 weeks.

A tiny official report by Sega:
http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/201503_3q_tanshinhosoku_e_final.pdf

They also reported 680k units of COH2 sold for their fiscal year ending march 31st 2014, the other source started around that time and claims 4m units sold since then... probably including DLC in general?

If I remember that thread correctly. It was theorized that whenever the game was added to someones library counted as one.
But one would need clarification from how these two different sources collect their data.
7 Apr 2015, 07:56 AM
Donator 11

If I remember that thread correctly. It was theorized that whenever the game was added to someones library counted as one.
But one would need clarification from how these two different sources collect their data.

Well, the main problem is the difference between game and DLC, which COH2 partly doesn't have. Buying a single WFA expansion would count as a sale. Buying COH2, both WFA armies each, and AA, would be even four separate sales, while the amount of owners stays the same - the latter is the point of steamspy.

It doesn't show sales, it shows unique owners of the games franchise.

I'm pretty sure the "sales" data from arstechnica is slightly screwed up due incorporated data from free weekends.
7 Apr 2015, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 07:56 AMkamk

Well, the main problem is the difference between game and DLC, which COH2 partly doesn't have. Buying a single WFA expansion would count as a sale. Buying COH2, both WFA armies each, and AA, would be even four separate sales, while the amount of owners stays the same - the latter is the point of steamspy.

It doesn't show sales, it shows unique owners of the games franchise.

I'm pretty sure the "sales" data from arstechnica is slightly screwed up due incorporated data from free weekends.

Yeah that seems to make sense. So 1.6 million owners and the 4 million figure consisting of people owning both base game and WFA.
7 Apr 2015, 10:07 AM
Donator 11

Yeah that seems to make sense. So 1.6 million owners and the 4 million figure consisting of people owning both base game and WFA.

It's at least the only way i can think of atm. which would make the numbers add up somehow.

Segas fiscal year report stated 680k units sold till 14-04-01, and the article describes 4m in sales starting 14-04-04 till around today'ish. That kinda is irritating nevertheless, especially if we consider that 27% of all owners never played the game.
7 Apr 2015, 10:13 AM
Donator 33

Steam spy and Ars' steam gauge both use the same method to gather data (ie the source is the same).
But as mentioned there's the dlc issue, and free weekends skew figures depending when the measurement is taken.
8 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised it's that high. I swear all I see about the game is "this game is ultra suck, fuck Relic" on Facebook, YouTube, etc. The unwarranted trashing this game gets after all the effort Relic took to improve it since release infuriates me. It's basically a different game now than release.
9 Apr 2015, 03:01 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 18:14 PMKothre
I'm pleasantly surprised it's that high. I swear all I see about the game is "this game is ultra suck, fuck Relic" on Facebook, YouTube, etc. The unwarranted trashing this game gets after all the effort Relic took to improve it since release infuriates me. It's basically a different game now than release.

lol... yes, they've put a lot of work into it but a large part of that has been bad work and they're, if anything, exceptional for leaving the game is such bad a state, not for the patch work they've done.
9 Apr 2015, 03:58 AM

I feel most of the problems are exaggerated. The game definitely has its issues, but I'm talking about how every Relic post on Facebook is a hundred comments like, "CoH 2 sucks" and "dlc whoring bullshit" from people you can tell haven't even played the game since release. Why these people still bother to comment is beyond me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight