Login

russian armor

Announcement later today?

2 Apr 2015, 14:20 PM

Apparently people are not yet sick about getting new desapointment because of bugs, performance and balance problems. All they need are 6 - 8 - God knows how many factions. It's already ridiculous that USF can play together with Soviets in team games - that actually never happened. Now we will have brits aside Soviets? Oh Lordy.

Why do you care about this bit of realism so much in a game that cannot and does not claim at all to be historically accurate?

I understand the bugs and balance arguments, but realism and CoH? Look at the Total War series, in Medieval II you could conquer English soil with Italian troops?! Heresy! Historically impossible!!

I think it's quite cool to be able to combine US and Sovs, even if they didn't directly fight together. If I wanna have realism, I watch documentaries or movies that have a claim to be historically accurate and authentic.
2 Apr 2015, 14:33 PM

Why do you care about this bit of realism so much in a game that cannot and does not claim at all to be historically accurate?

I understand the bugs and balance arguments, but realism and CoH? Look at the Total War series, in Medieval II you could conquer English soil with Italian troops?! Heresy! Historically impossible!!

I think it's quite cool to be able to combine US and Sovs, even if they didn't directly fight together. If I wanna have realism, I watch documentaries or movies that have a claim to be historically accurate and authentic.
too many history buffs, who just don't understand company of heroes is just dawn of war: world war 2 edition. Relic does not give a shit about authenticity in multiplayer anywhere near what some players on the forums do.
2 Apr 2015, 14:36 PM
Donator 11

too many history buffs, who just don't understand company of heroes is just dawn of war: world war 2 edition. Relic does not give a shit about austhetics in multiplayer.

This, also everyone else plz stay on topic and lets keep this thread filled with speculation and cool possible ideas :snfBarton:
2 Apr 2015, 14:43 PM

[code][/code]
Maybe a new War spoils system, range of new commanders or that War effort game mode that's been mentioned a few times OR all 3 :)

War Effort game mode? Intriguing.. were there any other details besides the name?
2 Apr 2015, 14:44 PM

it goes:

Quinn & Cynthia will be sharing details regarding a REAL announcement!

so they are announcing the announcement....! and what is a REAL announcment anyways? all others were fake right?

Because it was April 1st yesterday..
2 Apr 2015, 15:39 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 14:43 PMagse10
[code][/code]

War Effort game mode? Intriguing.. were there any other details besides the name?

Only this picture that got leaked http://i.imgur.com/tNhumwm.jpg

I don't even know if it's real or not
2 Apr 2015, 15:53 PM

You could go play Men of War assault Squad 1 or 2. They are pretty accurate. Really enjoy the realism in those games.
2 Apr 2015, 16:50 PM

New German faction that focuses on German allies Finnish, Romanian and Italian units to go along with the remaining German units such has Panzer 3 ,Marder, Hetzer, Stug4.

For allies ya that's easy Brits.

New German commander that can call in the Red Baron to shoot down allied p47s.
2 Apr 2015, 16:57 PM

2 Apr 2015, 17:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Best guess, (IMO) :) But, I must emphasize:

2 Apr 2015, 17:49 PM
Donator 11

hm. looks pretty cool.
but not sure if it is real

... we will know the truth in 4h. - I hope
2 Apr 2015, 17:51 PM

hm. looks pretty cool.

... we will know the truth in 4h. - I hope

It does look cool, reminds me of Heroes and Generals War mode. But is the community big enough for this to actually work.. well?
2 Apr 2015, 17:58 PM
Senior Editor Badge

hm. looks pretty cool.

yes, its real.
2 Apr 2015, 18:27 PM

Yea it's real, it's been out for some time now.
2 Apr 2015, 18:32 PM
Donator 11

Yea it's real, it's been out for some time now.

Its been out there since August. It is real and is something i'm looking forward too
2 Apr 2015, 18:45 PM
Patrion 310

This is how I predict the stream will go (being excited)

2 Apr 2015, 19:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This is how I predict the stream will go (being excited)

PC Plod is outside your abode now....with Daily Mail reporters in close attendance... digging up stuff about you, from your long lost friends...:P
2 Apr 2015, 19:09 PM

too many history buffs, who just don't understand company of heroes is just dawn of war: world war 2 edition. Relic does not give a shit about authenticity in multiplayer anywhere near what some players on the forums do.

Adding to that, the stupid players seeking for realism(mostly axis players blinded by krupp steel and ubermenshen myths) can't even tell the difference between realism and immersion.
CoH2 avoids first one and focuses on 2nd one.
2 Apr 2015, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

I so hope they put in the map Relic has in their office of Europe... that map looks so cool and would fit well in the coh2 art theme.
2 Apr 2015, 19:54 PM

My main hope for the stream are these:

1. Less trolling by the viewers, and also less illogical bans.
2. Quinn either plays they game, or announces something, not both ( :snfPeter: )
3. Hopefully, they admit that their QA team is not doing its job very well.

I wish we had a thread so we all could ask our questions, and then someone as the representative of COH2.ORG would ask the questions one by one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★