Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
4 Apr 2015, 08:44 AM

Well, if the DPS of the PTRS is indeed 4.992 4.16 1.8304, then it is completely fine. Except againts weapon teams.
4 Apr 2015, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 08:44 AMBurts
Well, if the DPS of the PTRS is indeed 4.992 4.16 1.8304, then it is completely fine.

The ptrs has a huge burst pay load, that's all, but you can completely avoid that by simply positioning your drops in heavy cover.
4 Apr 2015, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 08:45 AMofield

The ptrs has a huge burst pay load, that's all, but you can completely avoid that by simply positioning your drops in heavy cover.

That works for the first shots, but after that your green cover seems to get destroyed (still judging from that first replay here)? Not to mention green cover is not always available.

Not the Machine Gun in that last Youtube video here, there they always seem to hit the weapon team instead of the crew or the cover.
4 Apr 2015, 09:38 AM

its mindblowing that there are people defending the ptrs wrecking manned support weapons. CoH2 is roughly based on a scissor - rock - paper system, but things get wrong if a scissor suddenly counters the rock, if you know what i mean.

A blob roaming around not only being able to kill the crew, but to actually wreck the gun itself is NOT FINE. And it doesnt matter if its a soviet or usf blob. Just because OKW could blob up schrecks doesnt justify the BS that is happening now on the soviet side.

You should care about the balance as a whole and not just about your preferred side. This means playing the game and widening your horizon. Because its very narrow for some people.
raw
4 Apr 2015, 09:39 AM

conscripts ultra OP

never change coh2.org, never change
4 Apr 2015, 09:43 AM

its mindblowing that there are people defending the ptrs wrecking manned support weapons. CoH2 is roughly based on a scissor - rock - paper system, but things get wrong if a scissor suddenly counters the rock, if you know what i mean.

A blob roaming around not only being able to kill the crew, but to actually wreck the gun itself is NOT FINE. And it doesnt matter if its a soviet or usf blob. Just because OKW could blob up schrecks doesnt justify the BS that is happening now on the soviet side.

You should care about the balance as a whole and not just about your preferred side. This means playing the game and widening your horizon. Because its very narrow for some people.

You do understand that a blob of 4 cons without PTRS would just molotov the lone MG and steal it?

So destroying the support weapons goes both ways.

Only difference is that once a player sees a molotov being thrown at his MG, he retreats, however, when they see a blob of PTRS cons shooting at them, they don't retreat, and therefore lose the gun.
4 Apr 2015, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 09:43 AMBurts

You do understand that a blob of 4 cons without PTRS would just molotov the lone MG and steal it?

Only difference is that once a player sees a molotov being thrown at his MG, he retreats, however, when they see a blob of PTRS cons shooting at them, they don't retreat, and therefore lose the gun.

However, when a Molotov is thrown you can get away, PTRS blobs can melt it, if the weapon dies all 4 crew die at once, not 1 by 1, that is the OP part.
4 Apr 2015, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 09:45 AMSeeker

However, when a Molotov is thrown you can get away, PTRS blobs can melt it, if the weapon dies all 4 crew die at once, not 1 by 1, that is the OP part.

Dude, it took like 40 seconds for that mg to get destroyed, there was plenty of time ot react.
4 Apr 2015, 09:46 AM

This. And They still can, and Obers are still best infantry but non of them justify Cons PTRS spam.
4 Apr 2015, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 09:06 AMgokkel

That works for the first shots, but after that your green cover seems to get destroyed (still judging from that first replay here)? Not to mention green cover is not always available.

Not the Machine Gun in that last Youtube video here, there they always seem to hit the weapon team instead of the crew or the cover.

Disagree, stone walls take a lot of shots by ptrs to take them down, there are also indestrucable trenches or support walls, which provide heavy cover.

I have encountered a couple of ptrs blobbers so far, all have lost vs me.
4 Apr 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 09:46 AMBurts

Dude, it took like 40 seconds for that mg to get destroyed, there was plenty of time ot react.

I JUST had a game were I insantly killed MG squads, the only real delay is the PTRS acquiring it's target, at which point if you have 6-8 it's almost instant death for the MG. If you will notice in the posted video; when the cons actually start firing then MG dies very fast.
4 Apr 2015, 09:55 AM

A nerf to the conscript PTRS is justified, just nerf the accuracy a little. On guards its fine, they were pretty bad before the PTRS buff.
4 Apr 2015, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 09:46 AMBurts

Wut 40 seconds?

Please, it is very funny two of the guys here today, not even watched the video and just look at the length of the clip. :foreveralone:
4 Apr 2015, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 09:55 AMSeeker
A nerf to the conscript PTRS is justified, just nerf the accuracy a little. On guards its fine, they were pretty bad before the PTRS buff.

After some games i had a really hard time vs. them, they outplay everything on the Field easily, the feel like new obers in the state of 1.0

Sniping on longe range, pumping your inf at short to mid range. Everything dies to them, vet 3 and 30 kills in a few minutes is kindergarden and needs not even a good play with them.
4 Apr 2015, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 09:43 AMBurts

You do understand that a blob coming up an mg the way it was presented in Porygons video couldnt do anything to the mg without the ptrs? That the mg was working as intended?

But no, beware, here comes the script ptrs blob and doesnt give a fuck about its hardcounter and doesnt just decrew, but also wrecks it permanently.

You really, really cant tell me that this is fine. Hell, they even hit the MG when suppressed. 100% sure you would complain if this happened on the axis side.
4 Apr 2015, 10:21 AM
Patrion 14

Guys, give it up, it is quite obvious to everyone that the PTRS cannot keep its current stats when wielded by cons. It would be like giving the lmg34 upgrade to volksgrenediers. The lmg34 is fine on the obersoldatan, because the squad itself is expensive and not spammable. But give this upgrade to a much cheaper squad that you WILL have at least 3-4 of on the field at all times and you have an OP upgrade. Not to mention that lmg34 on volks would have an lmg squad that can build green cover, much in the same way that PTRS on cons gives you a squad that can sprint into their weapons' optimal range.

The conscripts aren't the problem and the PTRS isn't the problem. The problem is giving such a potent AI upgrade to such a weak squad that can benefit so immensely from it.
4 Apr 2015, 11:13 AM

You do understand that a blob coming up an mg the way it was presented in Porygons video couldnt do anything to the mg without the ptrs? That the mg was working as intended?

But no, beware, here comes the script ptrs blob and doesnt give a fuck about its hardcounter and doesnt just decrew, but also wrecks it permanently.

You really, really cant tell me that this is fine. Hell, they even hit the MG when suppressed. 100% sure you would complain if this happened on the axis side.

Am i saying this is fine? No, it's not fine. Infact , this is a problem with ALL mgs. Funny people mention this, because right now, a 30 munitions grenade will 100% force a maxim to retreat, all the time. Sure the maxim will win the engagement vs a gren 1v1, but it will drop 2-3 models and be forced to retreat. 2 grenadiers + 60 munitions hard counters a maxim. 4 conscript blobs without PTRS also counter an mg, just molotov it. Obersoldaten and paratroopers give zero fucks about mgs.

That blob was by far not the worst thing. The blob of 4 cons with PTRS costs 200 munitions.

And they don't just destroy the gun like PTRS cons, they steal it if you aren't paying attention.

Anywayas, this can easily be fixed by making the PTRS target the crew.
4 Apr 2015, 12:14 PM

I JUST had a game were I insantly killed MG squads, the only real delay is the PTRS acquiring it's target, at which point if you have 6-8 it's almost instant death for the MG. If you will notice in the posted video; when the cons actually start firing then MG dies very fast.

Alex for once I agree with you, I've been playing more since patch and people are abusing the ptrs. Either cons blob or guards blob, these kind of people are just as bad and probably the same people who blobbed volks. They need to be weeded out of the game for everyone's sake and the only way to do that is fix their ability to abuse game mechanics Relic is too slow to fix.
4 Apr 2015, 12:50 PM

I'll have HUGE LAUGH to all those who bought tank hunter tactics because of PTRS bug, and when Relic will fix this (and I'm sure they will do it soon) this commander will be useless like it was before :D

and I don't mind if guards have PTRS like it's now, but cons are just like volks, they are meat shield, they don't know how to use properly such weapon like trained infantry Guards. Conscripts should have aiming with this downed like 10x or even more compared to guards
4 Apr 2015, 12:53 PM

I'll have HUGE LAUGH to all those who bought tank hunter tactics because of PTRS bug, and when Relic will fix this (and I'm sure they will do it soon) this commander will be useless like it was before :D

While the ptrs needs to be fixed, why would you want to make a doctrine useless? That just makes the game boring.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS