Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
7 Apr 2015, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What did you have in the live game!?

I know there was a time when MG spam was a thing but I never said that I want this to happen again.

I want HMGs to be reliable blob counters while not being too good vs infantry in general.

Is it possible to create some kind of ability that you can only use when there're more than 3 squads in the firing arc of an HMG?

An ability that reduces damage but drastically increases AoE suppresion and RoF to effectively deal with blobs woud be nice. Even a Maxim could be good against blobs then.

It would also be realistically correct. I mean, if HMG crews see waves of soldiers moving towards them they'd definitley try to get as many bullets as possible out of their gun to stop them.

We already have that in the game. MGs (axis one, not sure about USF) have incremental supression according to the number of models caught in it's line of fire.

The thing is, any 4 of any infantry with decent DPS, is gonna kill an MG even if they are supressed. 4 * 1/4 DPS means it's actually 1 unit normally shooting at it.
7 Apr 2015, 19:09 PM

What did you have in the live game!?

I know there was a time when MG spam was a thing but I never said that I want this to happen again.

I want HMGs to be reliable blob counters while not being too good vs infantry in general.

Is it possible to create some kind of ability that you can only use when there're more than 3 squads in the firing arc of an HMG?

An ability that reduces damage but drastically increases AoE suppresion and RoF to effectively deal with blobs woud be nice. Even a Maxim could be good against blobs then.

It would also be realistically correct. I mean, if HMG crews see waves of soldiers moving towards them they'd definitley try to get as many bullets as possible out of their gun to stop them.

I'm playing with MG42 a lot recently(dual MGs) and they are. Thing is, you need to spot for them.
MGs are and will always be force multipliers, not self sufficient area denial machines, that is what bunkers are for.

When encountering PTRS squads you need to think as well, so not only keep pios nearby to spot for MG so it unloads from max range and lets that AoE suppression modifiers to kick in fully, but also move pios/grens in for kills when everything is suppressed to force him off asap, after doing that repair HMG.

I have yet to see a single axis player to repair HMGs after chasing PTRS off, which leads to them breaking in the following encounter.

You wouldn't use half broken tank in direct combat, so why are you people using half broken HMGs?

You are making a huge mistake if you put equal sign between "stops blobs" and "wins single handedly against 4-6x times the resources invested".

Lone ele won't stop 5 T34s, lone KV-8 won't stop 5 shreck volks, lone MG won't stop blob by itself.
There is no imbalance here, but common sense.

And inb4 alex reply-its not 4v4 post, its not pure theorycraft post, its not post about reading wrong values, misinterpreting numbers or just spreading false numbers, so there is nothing within your field of expertise to respond to.
7 Apr 2015, 19:36 PM

I'm playing with MG42 a lot recently(dual MGs) and they are. Thing is, you need to spot for them.
MGs are and will always be force multipliers, not self sufficient area denial machines, that is what bunkers are for.

When encountering PTRS squads you need to think as well, so not only keep pios nearby to spot for MG so it unloads from max range and lets that AoE suppression modifiers to kick in fully, but also move pios/grens in for kills when everything is suppressed to force him off asap, after doing that repair HMG.

I have yet to see a single axis player to repair HMGs after chasing PTRS off, which leads to them breaking in the following encounter.

You wouldn't use half broken tank in direct combat, so why are you people using half broken HMGs?

You are making a huge mistake if you put equal sign between "stops blobs" and "wins single handedly against 4-6x times the resources invested".

Lone ele won't stop 5 T34s, lone KV-8 won't stop 5 shreck volks, lone MG won't stop blob by itself.

And inb4 alex reply-its not 4v4 post, its not pure theorycraft post, its not post about reading wrong values, misinterpreting numbers or just spreading false numbers, so there is nothing within your field of expertise to respond to.

this
7 Apr 2015, 19:45 PM

Because the HMG typically don't survive their first encounter thanks to the PTRS's alpha damage.

Also I don't normally ever play 4v4 :^)
7 Apr 2015, 19:51 PM

Alex is a soviet fanboy because that's his most played faction. Kappa
DPS wise its FINE just the burst damage (shotguns) and those team weapon wreckage is not ok.

I think everybody stated the opinions and now its upon relic to decide.
7 Apr 2015, 19:54 PM

Because the HMG typically don't survive their first encounter thanks to the PTRS's alpha damage.

Also I don't normally ever play 4v4 :^)

You are a 3v3 hero http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198026003886
7 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 19:54 PMpugzii

You are a 3v3 hero http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198026003886

People playing coh2 with friends!? How dare this man not subject himself to the brain cancer inducing experience of randoms!

Regardless as AchtAchter points out the burst damage is the issue V weapons teams, this is mainly due to the gun size being 20 and the 25% increased received accuracy.
7 Apr 2015, 21:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 15:54 PMdbmb
For anyone saying PTRS is OP now, can you please post a replay of anyone even close to the top 25 of the ladder winning with this strategy?

No one cares that noobs can faceroll noobs with attack-move. The game isn't balanced around that.
I don't know if this counts but I got to rank 12 2v2 soviet AT purely from con blob ptrs spamming. Obviously I dropped down but I did it.
7 Apr 2015, 21:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't know if this counts but I got to rank 12 2v2 soviet AT purely from con blob ptrs spamming. Obviously I dropped down but I did it.

Dawwwww, I was hoping for ya to get in the top 10.
7 Apr 2015, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 21:46 PMVuther

Dawwwww, I was hoping for ya to get in the top 10.

Lol nope, ended up losing 3 matches in a row and got dropped. :'(
7 Apr 2015, 22:49 PM

Lol nope, ended up losing 3 matches in a row and got dropped. :'(

What...you lost matches... PTRS not op? :guyokay:
8 Apr 2015, 01:37 AM

Permanently Banned

What...you lost matches... PTRS not op? :guyokay:

Look the point I'm making if I havent been clear enough. Is that I have been winning a good amount of games and even making it to top 12 2v2 AT because 70% of my games the only thing I made was 8 conscripts that could destroy entire combined armed armies. Its overperforming, Its extremely clear.
8 Apr 2015, 01:38 AM

Permanently Banned

Look the point I'm making if I havent been clear enough. Is that I have been winning a good amount of games and even making it to top 12 2v2 AT because 70% of my games the only thing I made was 8 conscripts that could destroy entire combined armed armies. Its overperforming, Its extremely clear.

try that in ones :snfPeter:
8 Apr 2015, 01:41 AM

Permanently Banned

try that in ones :snfPeter:

I'll test that out, probs tomorrow. I'm not very good at 1v1s so this strat would probably give more accurate results if a more competent 1v1 player tried. But I'll try to play atleast 10-20 games soley with conscript ptrs spam.
8 Apr 2015, 03:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Don't you mean randoms? You don't have any ranked 2v2 AT (with more than 10 games).

If you try it on several games, you should check the opponents rankings, so you know you aren't playing against noobs.
8 Apr 2015, 03:51 AM

Permanently Banned

Don't you mean randoms? You don't have any ranked 2v2 AT (with more than 10 games).

If you try it on several games, you should check the opponents rankings, so you know you aren't playing against noobs.

My biggest highlight is probably beating cruzz. I can tell when its overperforming anyway. Regardless of player skill. The whole fact that a blob army can take out all support weapons and cut down squads immediately and on retreat as well as destroying okw trucks in a 20 second period is pure bullshit.
8 Apr 2015, 05:08 AM

Permanently Banned

destroying okw trucks in a 20 second period is pure bullshit.

Zooks have the same effect :snfPeter:
8 Apr 2015, 05:16 AM

Permanently Banned

Zooks have the same effect :snfPeter:

The zooks also require an upgrade, cost 60 munitions, and has nowhere near the ai capabilities of the ptrs.
8 Apr 2015, 05:17 AM

Permanently Banned

The zooks also require an upgrade, cost 60 munitions, and has nowhere near the ai capabilities of the ptrs.

try them. they snipe alot :snfPeter:
8 Apr 2015, 06:07 AM

Well I guess it's clear for everybody the new PTRS it's not fine, except for a few people - for the reasons we all know. I think what you said here is the proof that PTRS is OP in this doctrine and Relic didn't even think at it when changing this weapon. How could they? They built such a big amount of DLC commanders in order to fill their pockets that such changes have uncontrollable effects and - probably - it's to expensive to actualy make tests properly => they did not foreseen this result (no matter what they said, it was not "intended", they did not "intend" to make this doctrine godlike). The next patch will bring a change that will make PTRS conscripts spam a lot less juicy, and that will be the proof of what I said before.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS