Login

russian armor

USF vs Ostheer still horrible MU

1 Apr 2015, 06:41 AM

Permanently Banned
The patch did nothing to fix the main issues with this MU, very disappointed.
1 Apr 2015, 06:48 AM

The patch was focused on buffing Allied / nerfing OKW. Changes for ostheer were just some surface "buffs" in order to fool players that they "balanced" the general Axis - Allied balance.
1 Apr 2015, 06:48 AM

Axis blob still owns late game, as do Uber tanks. Allies have no counter.
1 Apr 2015, 06:50 AM

Keep crying baby. USA USA USA

Well, USA, USA, USA was strong against ostheer before. Now it is against Okw too. I'll try to see if I'll climb in 1v1 ladder with USA. I think I will.
1 Apr 2015, 06:52 AM

its been a day since patch came out, its a little too early to tell.
1 Apr 2015, 06:54 AM
Patrion 15

The buffs to Ostheer are pretty nice tbh. The LOS buff to the pios can't be understated, and the ostheer sniper is now a unit to be reckoned with. I am loving OST atm.
1 Apr 2015, 06:59 AM
Donator 11

The patch did nothing to fix the main issues with this MU, very disappointed.

It is too early to know if it is good or bad :drool:
1 Apr 2015, 07:02 AM

The MG42 seems to be substancially better at long ranges which I believe is exactly the buff it needed.
1 Apr 2015, 08:11 AM

Axis blob still owns late game, as do Uber tanks. Allies have no counter.

Yea because Jackson isn't buffed. Let's face it, Ostheer is very weak against USF, specially early to mid game. Now that the OKW is reasonable and kinda in a good place-well, a better place than before- they have to focus on SU and Ostheer. Ostheer needs crowd control and SU needs the call-in meta fixed.
1 Apr 2015, 08:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Meh faction strength are now RUS>USF>OKW>OST.
1 Apr 2015, 08:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge

These changes generally do not help against the LT rush. Sure the 221 is tougher, but it still hits the field later and needs its autocannon to even fight the M20. Not enough testing with the sniper since he sets MP back quite a ways so I would still only try to build him when in a stable position, though he does survive katyusha rockets pretty well now rather than being killed 2 meters away from the blast zone and rifle fire(had him eat a PTRS rounds as well before back pedaling).

I think Ostheer could use some ability to build cover in the pios or grens as well. If we don't want to scrap 75% of the 1v1 maps which are CQC maps, at least allow Ostheer the ability to better fortify areas that are somewhat suited to their ability to fight at range. Everyone else can build some sort of green cover(sandbags and tank traps) but Ostheer has a mp costing bunker unless you went something with trenches.

Also we still need teching adjustment to LT tech is made more expensive and captain tech is brought down to the same level. (65-70 fuel for either?)

And utilizing the pioneer sight buff is not that easy if you need to pull a unit off for capping/recapping and LOS blockers, though I do notice the MG 42s damage at range, even in green cover.
1 Apr 2015, 09:53 AM

Some direly needed changes here and there for OKW and people scream its underpowered. Pathetic. Its only fair to not have bullet dodging matrix soldiers and the best lmg in the game (by far) locked behind a 60mun purchase.

I agree that Ostheer didnt get the tech changes, but im 100% sure that is something Relic is aware of them. They really cant miss it. The changes that were made to Ostheer are reasonable and well thought out. They help out the MG42, Pios, Scout car and the best change imo, the Sniper.

I dont understand how you guys all struggle vs USF but are fine vs proper Con spam into 85's or whatever. I dont have that of a hard time to deal with USF. The key is keeping Grens in groups of 2 and cover, supported by MG's into fast T2 with a scout car. Get a sniper if youre confident with it and the map allows for it. Sniper really hurts USF. Oh and flamer Pios help out greatly as well, because they can do anti garrison, short range and vision stuff.

Aaaaaaaand believe it or not, i actually enjoy going T3. Yea i know, unbelieveable.
1 Apr 2015, 10:39 AM

I dont understand how you guys all struggle vs USF but are fine vs proper Con spam into 85's or whatever
. I dont have that of a hard time to deal with USF. The key is keeping Grens in groups of 2 and cover, supported by MG's into fast T2 with a scout car. Get a sniper if youre confident with it and the map allows for it. Sniper really hurts USF. Oh and flamer Pios help out greatly as well, because they can do anti garrison, short range and vision stuff.

Aaaaaaaand believe it or not, i actually enjoy going T3. Yea i know, unbelieveable.

You should play the ost a bit more then. The problem is the m20. And basically the ostheer do not get the counters in time. in fact in equal circumstances the m20 arrives before the 222 or pak. not to mention the usf has more squads then you because of the cheaper tech.

so fuckups are not tolerated make one mistake early game and it becomes borderline impossible to return.

1 Apr 2015, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 10:39 AMJaigen

You should play the ost a bit more then. The problem is the m20. And basically the ostheer do not get the counters in time. in fact in equal circumstances the m20 arrives before the 222 or pak. not to mention the usf has more squads then you because of the cheaper tech.

so fuckups are not tolerated make one mistake early game and it becomes borderline impossible to return.

I do play Ost. Its in fact my favourite faction by now alongside, wait for it, USF.
1 Apr 2015, 12:58 PM

Spam snipers into 2 222. This is new meta against USF.
1 Apr 2015, 13:33 PM

I dont understand how you guys all struggle vs USF but are fine vs proper Con spam into 85's or whatever. I dont have that of a hard time to deal with USF. The key is keeping Grens in groups of 2 and cover, supported by MG's into fast T2 with a scout car. Get a sniper if youre confident with it and the map allows for it. Sniper really hurts USF. Oh and flamer Pios help out greatly as well, because they can do anti garrison, short range and vision stuff.

You just said they have teching issues. Go play USF and see how easy it is IF you go Lt and dont drive into any teller (will prob not happen because of med or flame). As USF you simply just get another vital unit and outscale Ost so hard that, as an ostplayer, you need insane luck or simply ridiculous more skill.
This MU is fucked up. The buffs didnt change anything(still sniper get chased down from m20 before he even hit vet1, mg42 get smoked and surrounded, and jackson EAT panthers and tigers for breakfast now).
1 Apr 2015, 13:45 PM

the new super combination of pioneers and MG42 does a pretty good job against usf. Frontal "Yolocharge" against MG42 makes you lose your squads. That + better sniper buffs Ostheers early game in a good way (combined arms!!!! <444>3). Only problem still is the fast M20, but now you can face it not already beeing on the backfoot.
1 Apr 2015, 13:51 PM

If everything goes wrong as axis against US Forces, choose the Tiger Ace and enjoy your Win.
1 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Idk if mg42 was buffed or it was the map(Eindhoven country or whatever) but MG42was is noticeably better in the games i played last night. Suppressed at max range on first burst and it was like the AOE suppression was buffed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment