Login

russian armor

USF vs Ostheer still horrible MU

1 Apr 2015, 17:07 PM

Whermact is amazing now in early game. I freaking love the scout car now, it's an amazing vehicle for kiting and harassment, after the buff is even better!
1 Apr 2015, 17:09 PM

Unlikely. Unless I am very mistaken, MG42 has the exact same suppression value as in the last patch, meaning, if you run into it at short range&no cover, you will get suppressed on the first burst, otherwise, its gonna need at least 2. All it did receive, in practical terms, was a long range damage buff. Because the long range damage output was exactly its problem ...

The main problem with MG42 is the RNG of:
1)burst duration
2)cooldown between bursts

Sometimes, the MG starts firing, but because of RNGesus, it stops before if can suppress, if you are even more unlucky they take for ever to fire again. By that time, you either have a frag or a smoke grenade up your ass.

But, with the current changes, they are gonna vet faster. A vet 2 MG42 is a pain in the ass for the enemy.
1 Apr 2015, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 17:09 PMRMMLz

1)burst duration

Sometimes, the MG starts firing, but because of RNGesus, it stops before if can suppress, if you are even more unlucky they take for ever to fire again. By that time, you either have a frag or a smoke grenade up your ass.

But, with the current changes, they are gonna vet faster. A vet 2 MG42 is a pain in the ass for the enemy.

The MG42's biggest problem is it's fragility. It could fire 120mm shells but if the gunner gets sniped easily then it doesn't matter.

It's been suggested before, just make it so the gunner is always the last crew member to die, that or removed the 25% more received accuracy it gets.
1 Apr 2015, 17:17 PM

The MG42's biggest problem is it's fragility. It could fire 120mm shells but if the gunner gets sniped easily then it doesn't matter.

It's been suggested before, just make it so the gunner is always the last crew member to die, that or removed the 25% more received accuracy it gets.

Yes, that's a problem for all MGs, and since ostheer relies on MGs too much, it's even a bigger problem. Another thing (beside the 25% received accuracy removal) it to change the squad formation, as in Kappatch, instead of them forming an arrow with the gunner in front.
1 Apr 2015, 17:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Someone really needs to see if there was a ninja buff on MG42 suppression in one way or the other because if so then that's huge.

The pioneer buff should really help Ost spot a rifle mob coming and suppress and force retreat before too much damage is caused. 222 buff is huge in increasing durability and probAbility of winning against M20 as well.

1 Apr 2015, 17:55 PM

Permanently Banned
The 222 40 hp increase helped, but that doesn't make the scout car any better at killing anything. Snipers are great, in fact out of the 3 ive made Ive got 2 to vet 3 with 40+ kills. But even with all that, going snipers as wehr removes a lot of pushing power. Maybe cuz I was fighting guards. Tiger is meh, gets kited all day by jacksons, I'd say the best unit to fight jacksosn are shrecked pgrens. Panthers still unaffordable. Not really in terms of fuel even though it is expensive, but in manpower. I'm pretty sure ost spends the most resources in terms of manpower on tech.
1 Apr 2015, 18:08 PM

The 222 40 hp increase helped, but that doesn't make the scout car any better at killing anything. Snipers are great, in fact out of the 3 ive made Ive got 2 to vet 3 with 40+ kills. But even with all that, going snipers as wehr removes a lot of pushing power. Maybe cuz I was fighting guards. Tiger is meh, gets kited all day by jacksons, I'd say the best unit to fight jacksosn are shrecked pgrens. Panthers still unaffordable. Not really in terms of fuel even though it is expensive, but in manpower. I'm pretty sure ost spends the most resources in terms of manpower on tech.

Trying to tech with Ost reasonably, you do lose a lot of manpower - compared to USF practically getting the MP back and OKW having nice buildings. Soviets either half tech from design or dont tech and call in IS-2's...

A reasonable adjustment (which we will all have to wait for who knows how long because of Relic's "priorities") would indeed give back a considerable amount of manpower which could have been used making another squad.
1 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

Permanently Banned

Trying to tech with Ost reasonably, you do lose a lot of manpower - compared to USF practically getting the MP back and OKW having nice buildings. Soviets either half tech from design or dont tech and call in IS-2's...

A reasonable adjustment (which we will all have to wait for who knows how long because of Relic's "priorities") would indeed give back a considerable amount of manpower which could have been used making another squad.

Its just ost pay 200 manpower for the battle phases and then another 120 for t2 and 160 for t3 and t4. Costing either 320 or 360 manpower + fuel + you have to build the buildings. Compared to okw just a flat 200 manpower set up truck wherever, or usf with free upgraded squads no need to build anything upon teching, soviets don't need battle phases and usually only build 1 building and then wait for call ins anyway. Its just one big disparity. I'd be fine with things like t4 if the manpower didn't cut me down. Another reason people just go straight t2 to tigers because nobody wants to be paying 500+ manpower + however much fuel just to get the option to even buy panthers. Tiger is literally cheaper to buy than a panther. This should not be the case.
1 Apr 2015, 20:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 17:09 PMRMMLz

1)burst duration

I attest this. I've occasionally seen it suppress stuff out of cover at far range on the first burst, which for a long time I thought was just me seeing things since, well, it usually doesn't. I'd much prefer the burst duration be normalized with cooldown changed in compensation. Make it suppress at far range on the first burst with a longer cooldown or suppress in two bursts with a shorter coolodown, just...make it not a crapshoot.
1 Apr 2015, 21:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Question is too wide. Moved to the Lobby.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★