Login

russian armor

Over nerfed Obers

PAGES (15)down
3 Apr 2015, 11:11 AM

Before patch, I was building Obers maybe one time in four OKW games. I don't think they were that necessary and I don't realy feel this change as a nerf. In fact, I don't feel any nerf at all with OKW, but the idea that such a unit with such a big price and an upgrade that you pay amo for performs as now, doesn't seem to ok today. They should lower their price a bit, that wouldn't harm anybody.

I agree with you, as I say, OKW has combined arms solutions that are effective. But it is also really easy to A-move blob with.
From the 10 games I have played vs Axis factions since the patch, one time I have faced a player using combined half-truck + JPZ4 + inf and I lost vs him. Every single other games, blob A-move volks + falls/sturm/fusillers into panther.

And the majority of players loves that. They love this faction for that the same Principe they love campy/arty maps like Sittard Summer or Shled in vcoh. Because you can play really easy with and still win a lot of games.

Obers nerf was required, in a way or another, but in fact OKW faction need a redesign around volks if we want to remove the blobbing issue with. Since it is not going to happen, OKW will remain the blobbing faction by excellence.
3 Apr 2015, 11:11 AM

Ok. Then be advised that I will trash your Obers with my shocks anytime, anywhere, anyhow on every map you can think of and you won't win one engagement. With or without your 60 amo upgrade.

Big talk.
3 Apr 2015, 11:12 AM
Donator 22

Shocks wouldn't perform very well against allied factions. Cons can allways hurraah and disengage and usf could go BARs or light vehicles. Both shocks and obers are anti infantry squads but they work differently. Shocks are good at soloing other squads forcing retreats and getting map control, but they don't really get that many kills at least against decent opponents. Obers are ment to do MP damage to enemy economy.
3 Apr 2015, 11:17 AM

That's very good change but now we have Volks+Fusi blob or Volks+Falls blob etc so in fact nothing has changed except. That design :foreveralone:
Although Volks->Obers->Panther was boring meta. Now we have Volks->Fusi->Jadgpanzer for example, so it's good change.

You didn't see that coming and you have the strategist badge? standards for this forum has fallen really low

nobody in their right mind is ever going to use obers again because 2 volks perform better then 1 ober. and when 2 volks perform better then 1 ober you really have overnerfed an infantry unit.
3 Apr 2015, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 11:17 AMJaigen

You didn't see that coming and you have the strategist badge? standards for this forum has fallen really low

nobody in their right mind is ever going to use obers again because 2 volks perform better then 1 ober. and when 2 volks perform better then 1 ober you really have overnerfed an infantry unit.

Yep, they did not ban you yet.
3 Apr 2015, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 11:17 AMJaigen

I don't know why I'm replying to you of all people, guess I'm masochistic today...

Anyway, what you say about 2 volks is debatable. 2 volks do not out dps Ober with lmg. 2 volks also cost 470 mp. If you upgrade them with Shreks, they won't out dps Obers.

As always Jai, you just take the bits that support your argument, and leave out the other facts. The only standards I see slipping in this forum, is the fact you haven't been banned yet, though with the recent game changes, I don't think it'll be long.

How's your OKW rank since patch?
3 Apr 2015, 11:37 AM

Ok. Then be advised that I will trash your Obers with my shocks anytime, anywhere, anyhow on every map you can think of and you won't win one engagement. With or without your 60 amo upgrade.

You won't trash anything, because you don't play the game.
Unless you meant trash talk, then you're the uncontested master.
3 Apr 2015, 11:37 AM

I don't know why I'm replying to you of all people, guess I'm masochistic today...

Anyway, what you say about 2 volks is debatable. 2 volks do not out dps Ober with lmg. 2 volks also cost 470 mp. If you upgrade them with Shreks, they won't out dps Obers.

As always Jai, you just take the bits that support your argument, and leave out the other facts. The only standards I see slipping in this forum, is the fact you haven't been banned yet, though with the recent game changes, I don't think it'll be long.

How's your OKW rank since patch?

this is not a debate 2 volks will outperform a single ober. and if you are so concerned about upgrades why not compare them to fusiliers or grens? both grens and fusiliers are way better at base and their weapons upgrades are better because they come on a cheaper platform.

and how is my score? better then ever i actually have decent AT guns and support weapons for the okw never used obers much anyway since most maps favour cc battles.

As i said long before this patch obers needed a nerf. but this is overdoing it.
3 Apr 2015, 11:39 AM

Yep, I knew I shouldn't have bothered.
3 Apr 2015, 11:43 AM

Yep, I knew I shouldn't have bothered.

Of course because arguments and facts is something you cannot handle.
3 Apr 2015, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 11:43 AMJaigen

Still waiting facts from you.
3 Apr 2015, 11:46 AM

Obers are fine now, however I think they should reduce their price a little, perhaps 380mp. If not then atleast reduce their reinforce, they are quite the mp bleed and frankly not worth 400mp without lmg34.

EDIT:
LMG34 did need a nerf though, no idea why they should be able to shoot it on the move.
3 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM

You won't trash anything, because you don't play the game.
Unless you meant trash talk, then you're the uncontested master.

Nice job quotting me but next time you'll have to pay for license. I noted that your childish style it's not amusing not even for a 6 years old though therefore you need serious training. I can give you some lessons (I'm sure you've got money because I can't imagine you aren't paid for the huge amount of pudding you usualy post on 2 forums).
I can give you some Coh lessons too, but I'm afraid that you are beyond recovering at this chapter.
3 Apr 2015, 11:56 AM

Big talk.

Nope. Just making a point.
3 Apr 2015, 11:56 AM

Still waiting facts from you.

short range
volks : 3.2 * 2 = 6.4
fusiliers: 3.2 * 2 = 6.4
obers 1 = 6.8

Long range
volks= 1.3 * 2 = 2.6
Fusiliers = 1.6 * 2 = 3.2
Obers = 3.3

ober will do more damage but their armour only gives 24 more hp so every ober sits 104 effective hp. 2 fusiliers or volks have 160 hp and you dont need to tech up to get them. they are also more resistant to aoe.

In short its better to rely on callin infantry for the okw or only volks that use obers.
3 Apr 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 11:43 AMJaigen

Pot, meet the kettle.
3 Apr 2015, 12:26 PM

JohnnyB do you play as Soviets? Because if you did you would know Shocks are stupid enough to bring a knife to a gun fight. They have to be close enough to stab you to do damage, all you have to do is suppress them and they are useless.

Now yes please give me Obers in soviet for shocks and I will have obers and is2 in same doctrine. Say goodbye to your 4 man ost squads, they'd be vaporised by obers with lmg even after patch.

Also @Jaigen 80/0.7 is 114 not 104hp
3 Apr 2015, 13:19 PM

JohnnyB do you play as Soviets? Because if you did you would know Shocks are stupid enough to bring a knife to a gun fight. They have to be close enough to stab you to do damage, all you have to do is suppress them and they are useless.

Now if I would chose to be impolite as you were, I would probably asking you the same thing, because if you play as soviets you should know they have the smoke grenade, just for the reason you stated. They have smoke, they are fast and durable. They need to close in to be effective and they do it without to much truble.

And I didn't mention any doctrine. I was just making a point. But it's full of smart guys around here that want to emphasize everything that can contradict you, so what is the point in making a point anyway?
3 Apr 2015, 13:22 PM

Now if I would chose to be impolite as you were, I would probably asking you the same thing, because if you play as soviets you should know they have the smoke grenade, just for the reason you stated. They have smoke, they are fast and durable. They need to close in to be effective and they do it without to much truble.

And I didn't mention any doctrine. I was just making a point. But it's full of smart guys around here what is the point in making a point anyway?

1st of all if you know how smokes work you just pack up that mg42 and move back, people who do that have not much trouble with shocks as I have seen on both sides.

2nd where was I impolite? I said shock troops are stupid enough to bring a knife not you.

3rd shocks only come in a doctrine unlike Obers so if we are switching obers for shocks of course they will go in that doctrine, and shocks are in the doctrine with IS2 so yes please give me doctrine with shocks and is2.

You didn't think your argument through.
3 Apr 2015, 13:23 PM

Now yes please give me Obers in soviet for shocks and I will have obers and is2 in same doctrine. Say goodbye to your 4 man ost squads, they'd be vaporised by obers with lmg even after patch.

Also @Jaigen 80/0.7 is 114 not 104hp

Time for basic math: 10 % of 80 = 8 multiply by 3 = 24 so that means 80 + 24 = 104.

Really? dude
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight