Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
1 Apr 2015, 10:00 AM

82 hp wont stop it getting one shot by an ATG.

Now you say it... god knows why I thought AT guns do 80 damage Kappa

So that shit isnt even fixed yet.
1 Apr 2015, 10:11 AM
Benefactor 115

I predict super-heavy OST t1/t2 spam, redistribute resource, paks, mgs, sniper incendiary spam, it's gonna be glorious Kappa
1 Apr 2015, 10:20 AM

Im not sure whether i should keep reading Alex' posts or just quit doing so, as im going to be pissed anyway by the block of texts consisting of 80% bullpudding.
1 Apr 2015, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 10:11 AMtuvok
I predict super-heavy OST t1/t2 spam, redistribute resource, paks, mgs, sniper incendiary spam, it's gonna be glorious Kappa

Haha yeah now I'm off to build ost mgs galore, put my engies aheah and a bunch of snipers :D
1 Apr 2015, 10:31 AM

Edit: not only do we get fresh avatars for every post, I also get multiple posts, cool faces and a funny background sound! *doink* Such win! :)
1 Apr 2015, 11:12 AM

Cost of the Obers lmg is fine and logical imo, but to reduce it's damage output also in parallel is too harsh.

Actually not, the LMG34 is still way better than the lmg42 for the same price.
1 Apr 2015, 11:50 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 10:00 AMgokkel

Now you say it... god knows why I thought AT guns do 80 damage Kappa

So that shit isnt even fixed yet.

Soviet 45mm AT gun does 80 dmg, so basically a sniper can eat a 45mm shell to its face and live to tell the tale MVGame

Jacksons make ostheer armor less worth getting now. WTF SO f'ing dumb. Plus the pack howi is annoying enough as it is and now it supresses.

No change ostheer teching.

+40 health to the 222 is hardly worth mentioning...

No werfer change
no Brummbar change

Jackon + IS2 combo will be even more deadly and just flat out gg when combined with skill planes.

(Note these are 2v2 gripes)

What is wrong with Brummbar?, its damn good Assault tank
1 Apr 2015, 11:58 AM
Donator 33

Did Cruzz already publish some ninja changes?
1 Apr 2015, 12:21 PM

82 hp wont stop it getting one shot by an ATG.

But will with eating a mortar shell to the head.
1 Apr 2015, 12:57 PM

Well, I guess there is no doubt in anybody's mind who is the most powerfull faction currently (challenged untill 31. march only by OKW).

So my serious concerns in Soviets - OKW matches are directed towards 3 main problems:

1. IS2 - which will now roam even more unchallanged across the map. Was a problem before since buffing and Tiger nerfing, it is an even bigger problem now after one of its biggest adversary nerf - the KT;
2. Shock troops - been a problem before. Blobbed, they could cut any axis line in dept making wild and efficient pushes while no infantry could stop them. Obers did not counter them directly, but helped at countering. Now they are weaker....;
3. Guards - Were not to bad before while blobbed, now guards blobbing will be more viable than ever. Countering both light vehicles and infantry with high efficiency. Sounds familiar? Some people on this forums were complaining about a unit that did the same thing but at least when they reached a certain vet level....

Note that point 1 and 2 are existing in the same doctrine...

I think before this patch OKW - Soviet games were quite balanced. I don't believe that anymore. Someone posted something like this: Currently, Soviets > USF > OKW > Ostheer. If that's true, I don't think it's my idea of balance. I don't think it's anyone's idea of balance.
1 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

B4 seems very heavy nerf, probably too far, but oh well.

Volks: people saying shrek nerf at range wont do much, but its the combination of incoming accuracy nerf.. So they cant kite armour as easily and they will bleed more MP generally, seems OK to me in theory

Ost early game buffs very welcome.

Jackson buff great for USA late game, lets not forget they have no heavy tanks.

1 Apr 2015, 13:17 PM

I don't think it's anyone's idea of balance.

Or it shouldn't be.
1 Apr 2015, 13:35 PM

I have played against Guards mortar last night and I have to say PTRS accuracy is amazing. Guards are somewhat relevant again, hope to see more.
1 Apr 2015, 14:23 PM
Donator 11

B4 was helpfull against heavies which still are a problem to deal with.

Obers still decrew AT guns in few seconds at long range.

Raketenwerfer is like a HMG shooting rockets now. Penetration is so damn high.

IS2 does not cut it. Soviets need a buff.
1 Apr 2015, 14:28 PM
Donator 11

Well, I guess there is no doubt in anybody's mind who is the most powerfull faction currently (challenged untill 31. march only by OKW).

So my serious concerns in Soviets - OKW matches are directed towards 3 main problems:

1. IS2 - which will now roam even more unchallanged across the map. Was a problem before since buffing and Tiger nerfing, it is an even bigger problem now after one of its biggest adversary nerf - the KT;
2. Shock troops - been a problem before. Blobbed, they could cut any axis line in dept making wild and efficient pushes while no infantry could stop them. Obers did not counter them directly, but helped at countering. Now they are weaker....;
3. Guards - Were not to bad before while blobbed, now guards blobbing will be more viable than ever. Countering both light vehicles and infantry with high efficiency. Sounds familiar? Some people on this forums were complaining about a unit that did the same thing but at least when they reached a certain vet level....

Note that point 1 and 2 are existing in the same doctrine...

I think before this patch OKW - Soviet games were quite balanced. I don't believe that anymore. Someone posted something like this: Currently, Soviets > USF > OKW > Ostheer. If that's true, I don't think it's my idea of balance. I don't think it's anyone's idea of balance.

Nope, played a couple of games. OKW is still OPKW. Obers are too good. IS2 is afraid to hit the field as there are raketens which shoot rockets at HMG speed now. ALWAYS penetrating!
aaa
1 Apr 2015, 14:41 PM

120mm mortar nerf was insanely wrong. It was not good enough even before nerf. Can imagine how bad it is now. Mortars are bad in general even that one.

Maybe snipers are bad vs OKW. 5 model aquads. They usualy kill 1 model and retreats. Thats nothing in general and esp if they are blobbing with 4 squads etc.
1 Apr 2015, 14:43 PM
Patrion 28

plz note, raks have standard pen.

http://www.coh2-stats.com/ballistic_weapons/raketenwerfer43_88mm_wg_mp

the only AT gun without standard pen is the 57mm and M42
aaa
1 Apr 2015, 14:54 PM

I remember how just before HOTS release all the talkers were saying that zergs would be OP. In fact they were insanely underpowered at that time, they were loosing everithing on pro level .
You have to be 2 leagues up in skill to play vs terrans. Maybe thats the case with OKW too. Espessialy thta they have similar ability placing their shooting building everiwere claiming the map for themselfs.
1 Apr 2015, 14:54 PM

57mm could have used a little love...
1 Apr 2015, 14:59 PM

I'm amazed at how little there is here.

Although the only change I slightly disagree with is Panthers being included in the Blitzkrieg nerf. Maybe.

Other than that, it's a good patch. I just try not to think about the five months it took to get here.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS