Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 09:34 AM

This, my dear, equally applies to the many axis fanboy forum warriors already crying so butthurt just from reading the patchnotes and theorycrafting...

Everyone seems to be so brilliant at this game that they immediately grasp all the changes that will come to the meta, before having even played it.

People should just play the game with the new patch, enjoy the new (old) maps and stop dramatizing beforehand, thank you.

True.
31 Mar 2015, 09:39 AM

Are you for real Relic? I am not going to go on about every single change, some are pretty good, some maybe not so much, but some general things need to be said.

We have aimed to create a more evenly measured match where Axis and Allies have equal advantages from start to finish
Reduce the temporal effect that we were seeing in data, where allies have an early advantage at a higher VP count

How is this patch doing anything about this? There is no change to early OKW, USF, Soviet game (apart from 120mm Mortar maybe if you count that early). Ostheer is the only faction gaining very small adjustments to the early game.

improve the already existing blob counters, in non-lethal ways
promote and encourage ‘combined arms’

You nerfed OKW blobs, but not USF blobs. On the other hand you nerfed some of USF and Soviet blob counters (because they don't only counter blobs but oneshot also single squads), but you did not promote combined arms in a noticeable way for anyone. You slightly buffed the leIG (well, will see), and you slightly buffed MG42s, but that is it? Well, maybe it will be slightly easier to deal with USF blobs if your squads get less often oneshotted by Scotts and Ostheer might MAYBE be allowed to build T3 tanks, so we will see. But I feel there is still a long way to go to "encourage combined arms".

-----------------------

Then of course there is the long list of things that are still not getting fixed, like the Ostheer T4. All in all I am disappointed by the amount of changes in this patch after such a long waiting time, even though my hope was not that high in the first place.
31 Mar 2015, 09:55 AM

Kinda like how the balance changes...once the allies rule, then the axis. Now it's time for the allies :P

Most of the issues haven't been touched yet (call-ins, Is-2, CAS, random freezes)

Balance shall not come.
31 Mar 2015, 09:57 AM
Donator 11

Did I miss the part with the warspoils? :S
31 Mar 2015, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 08:05 AMBurts
Amazing changes.

Very good.

I like the gaurd PTRS change. Infact the gaurd PTRS is now the highest dealing soviet small arm at long range, and has the best accuracy at all ranges too againts infantry MVGame. These gaurds definately have some pretty good training, since they now have over 500% accuracy againts a kubel. PTRS will no longer *ever* miss tanks.

Nice ostheer changes. People dont seem to understand that the mg-42 buff was quite big. So was the sniper buff. Infact, the wehrmacht sniper has now almost the same health as the soviet one! Wehr sniper = 82 HP, sov sniper 48 x 2 = 96.

Pioneers sight range will be very useful.

Overall, this patch is

Good for combined arms, bad for blobbing and blobbing and spam blobbing and spam

I'm going to make it my mission to play OST combined arms effectively, the buffs they got for early game are nothing to laugh at. They should help if you don't just spam grens.
aaa
31 Mar 2015, 10:15 AM

considering that germ sniper has faster fire rate than sov one It can be too much of buff. With it germs coud win the game just with T1 not allowing to tech further
31 Mar 2015, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 10:15 AMaaa
considering that germ sniper has faster fire rate than sov one It can be too much of buff. With it germs coud win the game just with T1 not allowing to tech further

I wouldn't go that far, it just makes the OST sniper a bit more survivable so that his micro to usefulness ratio is more balanced. The incendiary round at vet 1 is a very nice way to bleed USF riflemen and gain quick vet 3.
31 Mar 2015, 10:33 AM

Good luck with that.
Maybe you could post some replays tomorrow showing your glorious victories.
31 Mar 2015, 10:34 AM
Donator 22

Katitof, please. OH T3 viable? Marginally stronger against US, still useless against Sovs, there are still 85s and IS-2s around, the whole call-in meta stuff, you know?

Oh come on. I have to disagree.
T3 and paks are very strong against IS-2 and 85's. Combined with TWP from stugs/paks.
31 Mar 2015, 10:37 AM

I'm going to make it my mission to play OST combined arms effectively, the buffs they got for early game are nothing to laugh at. They should help if you don't just spam grens.

Pios and HMG42 will become butt buddies now :D
The synergy of these two will be immense. Downside? You'll have to use them together now.
31 Mar 2015, 10:45 AM

This, my dear, equally applies to the many axis fanboy forum warriors already crying so butthurt just from reading the patchnotes and theorycrafting...

Everyone seems to be so brilliant at this game that they immediately grasp all the changes that will come to the meta, before having even played it.

People should just play the game with the new patch, enjoy the new (old) maps and stop dramatizing beforehand, thank you.

This.
31 Mar 2015, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 10:37 AMKatitof

The synergy of these two will be immense. Downside? You'll have to use them together now.

Maybe some other unit can build base structures, sweep for mines, build caches, flame units in houses, repair tanks, lay mines etc etc.

Absolutely ridiculous that this is meant to be a viable solution.

Relic, who do you get to come up with these glorious ideas..

In would have been more logical to increase sight on grens, not only helping mg but would benefit grens since they struggle to remain at max range on most occasions.
31 Mar 2015, 11:02 AM

Use combined arms? But that's exciting and requires micro! Haha in all seriousness though Soviets used to be my favourite faction using Cons and tier 2 but I think OST will now take that place.

Sniper will be good against early USF with the 2x survival buff. Against Soviets I'm thinking a more traditional grens backed by 2 mg42s and a mortar is still the better option. We shall see, I will be uploading replays for anyone interested.
31 Mar 2015, 11:08 AM

what i can mostly read of this is that Axis now has to use combined arms more to deal with tanks just like Allied had to since the beginning of time.

which i enjoy! Thank you Relic, great job! i love your game!

Time to get gud at USF and OST.

Since allied squads have usually bigger squad sizes (yeah ok, not USF MG and AT gun) I disagree.
31 Mar 2015, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:08 AMgokkel

Since allied squads have usually bigger squad sizes (yeah ok, not USF MG and AT gun) I disagree.

Have you ever used the OST snipers vet ability? That thing kills 2-3 guys quite regularly and if you line it up so it passes through another squad on it's way to target (easy to do against those Rifle blobs) you can score a crazy amount of kills.

OST sniper is definitely useful against Riflemen and less so against conscripts, you will bleed USF like a stuck pig if you use him right.

Getting hp boost from 40 to 82 hp will make it easier for him to survive too.
31 Mar 2015, 11:15 AM

... are you complaining that multiple Jacksons will defeat a single Panther? Two Jacksons is 290 fuel, versus 175 for Panther. Multiple Jacksons definitely should win an engagement with a Panther. As should 1 Jackon and 1 Sherman.

If you want to factor the rest of the armies in, the Axis are not exactly starving for AT. If you're OH you could have various T2 units assisting you. Mines are tricky - they're perfect if you have support ready to pounce but obviously if you don't the Jackson will crit repair in short order. If you're OKW, the newly buffed Raketen can threaten them and volks shreks will still scare them off. AT strafe, JPZIV, Tiger etc. The Jackson didn't recieve a huge buff, it was made somewhat more effective against heavies but less effective overall (and T3 will be more viable against it as OH - 4 shots required to kill PZIV, with slow-as-shit ROF).

2 jacksons 290 fuel?
Panther teching plus unit cost is insane just to get one.

Thing is ost alreday has weakest earlygame,weakest lategame infantry,weakest indirect fire and now weakest lategame armor.With these costs for teching ost will never be a viable faction.
31 Mar 2015, 11:16 AM

Hey Kati, take a look at my signature, gotcha!
31 Mar 2015, 11:17 AM
Patrion 310

2 jacksons 290 fuel?
Panther teching plus unit cost is insane just to get one.

Thing is ost alreday has weakest earlygame,weakest lategame infantry,weakest indirect fire and now weakest lategame armor.With these costs for teching ost will never be a viable faction.

Can you just quit the game already? We get it you suck but its pretty boring to see you posting the same thing over and over.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS