Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 18:37 PMnewvan

Dude - this is masterpiece, such expression, composition, bold brush stroke, it has all - the story, the drama... both thumbs up.

Thanks you :)
31 Mar 2015, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 18:38 PMNeo

I know you already have me confused with an axis fan (I play all factions) and this correction won't help:

LMG34 got nerfed by 25%
IR STG44 got nerfed 25%.
LMG34 vs. IR STG is now a choice. (i.e combined nerf of 50%)

All of these constitute a significant DPS drop for obers. (which was needed).

Like I said, you come across as a raging 'Murica fanboy 'cause you don't even bother to check your "facts".

IR-STG always replaced the LMG-34.

I think the wording of the patch notes is only there to clear up any confusion with players thinking, "Well, can I upgrade both now that they are both upgrades?". It's not an actual change.
31 Mar 2015, 18:45 PM

Really the biggest grievance with this patch is not what it did address, but what it did seemingly to the exclusivity of other very important things like bug fixes and other blatant balance problems.

Didn't help this was the pay off to several months of waiting, talk about blue balls much?
31 Mar 2015, 18:45 PM

your crying because you can't use combined arms to kill a tank, what's do you want the tiger to be a kt lite?your playing a faction with the best at options in the game this a l2p issue

Eh, dude, again, stop it with the teenager internet drama/aggro diction, only makes you look ridiculous.
OH has required mines and combined arms to kill tanks since release. I've played mostly Soviets in this patch with heavy IS-2 usage, and it poses a very serious problem indeed for OH, as nothing short of an Elefant -which is only viable on open maps- can reliably kill it, and Shock Rifle offers superb tools for dislocating and killing Paks. Now, if the OH Panther was accessible, it would certainly pose a problem, but in 1s, you'll almost never see one.
31 Mar 2015, 18:53 PM
Donator 11

Gotta love a compleet newtard replying on posts they don't know hell about.:banana:

You clearly have not clue of who I am nor what I did mate :)
Not wanting to sound cocky, but I did a huge amount of things for this community.

Better keep quiet about things you don't know shit.

"newtard" wow kindergarden shit

i have played coh since coh1 beta which is likely earlier than you started coh which in your way of thinking means im worth more than you then?
31 Mar 2015, 18:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 18:38 PMNeo

I know you already have me confused with an axis fan (I play all factions) and this correction won't help:

LMG34 got nerfed by 25%

IR STG44 got nerfed 25%.
LMG34 vs. IR STG is now a choice. (i.e combined nerf of 50%)

All of these constitute a significant DPS drop for obers. (which was needed).

Like I said, you come across as a raging 'Murica fanboy 'cause you don't even bother to check your "facts".

Seriously dude? I've spent more time on the toilet this year than you have playing USF, let alone 1v1s with any faction. You definitely come of as someone biased towards Axis as well. So what's your arguement there?

I'm hardly raging, and ice already saidUSF is my favorite and I've played at least 100 games with all factions before me making that choice.

31 Mar 2015, 18:57 PM

No he doesn't. He rarely contributes to the conversation. Often he misstates stats. I will point you no further than this thread where he mistakenly referred to a number of Ober stats.

His complaint about the KT ignores a number of advantages it has: non-doc, faster reload, more accurate, shooting at weaker tanks, vet 5 potential, vet 1 ability which is good, vet 3 ability which is good, fast to repair. So if you ignore all that then the cost is the same as the IS-2 and it is a huge nerf. If you instead actually look at the unit you see Americans had no way to deal with this beast and it was a terror. Now they can actually do some damage to it, and it can still be punishing.

Please don't feed the troll.

Ok, we'll see how everýthing turns out. But I just came from a 4v4 game on Rostov (no patch applied yet) playing USF on the bad side with randoms and won against 2 OKW and 2 Ost. That doesn't really prove anything but I can tell you that I felt like swimming in fuel and built multiple tanks no problem. When playing OKW I always had the feeling that I could buy one (1) armored unit if I wanted to get the KT out. I stormed the Island with one Jackson, one M10, one Sherman and a few rifles (so playing with the "bad" commander, with a "bad" unit, on the wrong side and pre-patch... and won.) Took out his Panther but lost alot myself. Rebuilt and Went in again and he had managed to get Another Panther out. Killed that one too although I took losses as well because it wasn't a super assault, my tanks were shooting at infantry although I targeted Panther. Never saw any KT on my side.

When outnumbering axis with armored units, it doesn't really matter if the individual armored units axis have are good or slightly better. And they are not even better except for the KT. Because they have less tanks. Because they can't afford it. That's what I feel like when playing axis, that's what I got confirmed again going back playing allies.
31 Mar 2015, 18:58 PM

Im so excited about adding the new maps and okw nerf. But honestly i expected lil bit more about wehrmacht buff, slight hmg buff/accuracy wont really help that much, long live to early game struggle :(
31 Mar 2015, 18:59 PM

Seriously dude? I've spent more time on the toilet this year than you have playing USF, let alone 1v1s with any faction. You definitely come of as someone biased towards Axis as well. So what's your arguement there?

I'm hardly raging, and ice already saidUSF is my favorite and I've played at least 100 games with all factions before me making that choice.

Okay that's great but when you flood a thread with all cap's shitposts about tears like a 13 year old on Xbox live people will get a tad upset with you.

The reaction to a long deserved change is "Okay this is good, lets analyze it" not "LOL U MAD GUYZ HAHAHAHA".

31 Mar 2015, 18:59 PM
31 Mar 2015, 19:04 PM

Okay that's great but when you flood a thread with all cap's shitposts about tears like a 13 year old on Xbox live people will get a tad upset with you.

The reaction to a long deserved change is "Okay this is good, lets analyze it" not "LOL U MAD GUYZ HAHAHAHA".

What do you expect when Axis only players cheer and proclaim "L2P" when they win with Volks, Ober blobs.

Playing against a OKW player like that (not all OKW players are like that) is like playing against a 13 year old on Xbox live.. people will get a tad upset playing against OKW players like that.

31 Mar 2015, 19:07 PM

Ok, we'll see how everýthing turns out. But I just came from a 4v4 game on Rostov (no patch applied yet) playing USF on the bad side with randoms and won against 2 OKW and 2 Ost. That doesn't really prove anything but I can tell you that I felt like swimming in fuel and built multiple tanks no problem. When playing OKW I always had the feeling that I could buy one (1) armored unit if I wanted to get the KT out. I stormed the Island with one Jackson, one M10, one Sherman and a few rifles (so playing with the "bad" commander, with a "bad" unit, on the wrong side and pre-patch... and won.) Took out his Panther but lost alot myself. Rebuilt and Went in again and he had managed to get Another Panther out. Killed that one too although I took losses as well because it wasn't a super assault, my tanks were shooting at infantry although I targeted Panther. Never saw any KT on my side.

When outnumbering axis with armored units, it doesn't really matter if the individual armored units axis have are good or slightly better. And they are not even better except for the KT. Because they have less tanks. Because they can't afford it. That's what I feel when playing axis, that's what I got confirmed again going back playing allies.

A decent analysis, yet if the roles were reversed and it was the Panther that killed the Sherman, M10 and Jackson it would be a L2P issue according to the Axis player.

Really, it's going to take some testing with the new patch to see how things are all we can do right now is just speculate.

My biggest problem isn't with one Panther, it's when in a team game you go up against multiple panthers, tiger, KTs. No number of Jacksons or AT guns n the world could stop that assault in this game.

There is no reason the Allied shouldn't have proper way to counter this without being locked into a specific Doctrine, that isn't fun gameplay. If a game goes longer than 30 minutes well Allieds are sure to lose unless someone stocked up on 1000s of MUNI to call in P47 after P47. Because there are going to be a lot of TIGERS and KTs and PANTHERS coming their way.
Patrion 14

How so? The only thing here that I can see as possibly disconcerting is the fact that Jackson may now be a tad too strong (should have went down to 160 dmg if gaining 40 instead of 20 extra pen).

Does anyone know what the penetration gain a vet 3 Jackson gets now? In combination with AP rounds I believe it will have close to or 100% penetration against a Tiger at mid range at vet 3.

It will actually kill a p4 or ostwind in 4 shots as an su85 would but it will take 4.5 seconds longer due to the reload time. I don't see a problem with the damage as it takes the same abount of shots to kill a t3 ost tank as a Zis or Su85.

The penetration increase with vet 3 (30%) will result in (close/mid/far) 312/286/260 penetration. which will result in a likelihood of penetrating the tiger of 1/0.95/0.87. The jackson needs to get there first, which with the current call in meta is rather unlikely since the first tank it actually faces is a tiger or panther so not much time to gain vet to hard counter the tiger. But due to the indirect buff to ost t3 this might change.

The increase might have been a tad too high but we'll have to wait and see. Getting a jackson to vet 3 isn't that easy a task.

It still does more damage and is far, far more mobile. While also having more penetration for ~reasons~ now.

For similar reasons it has a 37.5% longer reload than the su85 ;)

StuGs are the unlikely winners of this Jackson buff. They will now die in 3 M36 hits instead of 2. So they can handle 2 Jackson reload cycles instead of one.

The sug g has 400 health and will still be killed in 2 shots.

--OST Tiger/Panther speed nerf = more T34 blob swarms becoming a thing, plus loads of other blatant issues.

You might have misinterpreted the patch notes. There was no change to the standard speed. The special ability "blitzkrieg" was changed.

• OST T3 Vehicles are Completely useless against USF now.

T3 wasn't touched and the penetration increase of the jackson has 0 influence on t3 vehicles since the jackson penetrated them all the time with the exception of the furthest range where there was the slim chance of deflecting of 11%. Now it will always penetrate. On the impact of the damage reduction read the text at the top of this post. You do now have anything below 16.5 seconds (4 shots, 3 reloads) as opposed below 11 (3 shots, 2 reloads) to react as it used to be.

Please keep in mind that the accuracy didn't change, therefore the chance to miss is the same as before the patch. All statements ignore misses.
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

JUST A REMINDER PATCH TIME gets EVER SO CLOSER ,USA USA USA
Clearly you're taking this OKW nerf to heart.
I personally can't wait to play with and against a more balanced OKW.

My post was a joke,really, and only someone that loves axis with all their heart and soul would be upset with what I wrote. I'm excited about this patch, like any USF player would be.

I think you're getting too upset that USF is finally not little brother anymore,
31 Mar 2015, 19:13 PM

My post was a joke,really, and only someone that loves axis with all their heart and soul would be upset with what I wrote. I'm excited about this patch, like any USF player would be.

I think you're getting too upset that USF is finally not little brother anymore,

I too am excited for USF. Hopefully we can counter those multiple Tiger pushes now.
31 Mar 2015, 19:15 PM

Am I the only OKW player who struggles against US riflemen in the early game (2v2)?

Volks melts, sturms get focused and the kubel cannot pin the spam. I'll try out some stuff, but overall I feel like I'm struggling just to last into mid game where the sherman(s) roll out.

With that said I do not care much for the rest. I'm playing OKW because I enjoy the faction due to how it is and not because of certain ridiculousness.

I wish the early game would be more fun against US players, but ultimately I'm actually looking forward to the new maps and what they have to offer.

Am I the only one excited for new maps? <.<

Also I've been waiting all day for this damn patch until I looked up what time PDT is and I didn't realize there was a countdown on the right side xD
31 Mar 2015, 19:20 PM

Looks good, just remove teleporting infantry from the game and we're set.

Jackson seems kinda scary now though.
31 Mar 2015, 19:29 PM

Guards oh my dear guards, retribution is at hand
31 Mar 2015, 19:32 PM

I'm not "taking it to heart" I'm just annoyed that you rant and rave about faction fanboys but then precede to make multiple posts whose entire content is nothing but cheering that your pet faction you love the most got the most attention.

The only thing I'm upset about is we waited months for a patch that changed less than 10 units and payed not attention to the multiple issues that have been brought up multiple times.

The patch is a day late and a dollar short.

EDIT: And this patch contains little to no nerfs for OKW even, I anticipate a lot of tears when people play it and realized barely anything was changed.
31 Mar 2015, 19:34 PM

Eh, dude, again, stop it with the teenager internet drama/aggro diction, only makes you look ridiculous.
OH has required mines and combined arms to kill tanks since release. I've played mostly Soviets in this patch with heavy IS-2 usage, and it poses a very serious problem indeed for OH, as nothing short of an Elefant -which is only viable on open maps- can reliably kill it, and Shock Rifle offers superb tools for dislocating and killing Paks. Now, if the OH Panther was accessible, it would certainly pose a problem, but in 1s, you'll almost never see one.

Your right the ost tech is a problem as well for the soviets, but ostheer is not the defenseless faction that cant handle is2s like you think it is
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 15
unknown 13
New Zealand 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %