Login

russian armor

Relic - A Word About Modding: Our Rules and Guidelines

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
28 Mar 2015, 20:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Except none of the people I have mentioned have said these things. They have all been more than reasonable in express disappointment with Relic's DLC model, the massive amount of bugs still in the games years after release, and the lack of communication with the community as well as a distinct lack of new content and patching.

Thinking Relic won't patch something is absolutely correct thinking because they have failed to patch obvious stuff in the past, and saying Relic is incompetent isn't exactly without evidence when they say their maps go through a lot of QA, but all the maps are terrible.

Telling people they are stupid and incompetent and should listen to you because only you can sort their life out is a fantastic life hack
28 Mar 2015, 20:24 PM

I hate DLC
Here have Warspoils
I hate Warspoils

I want to be able to get CAS and Advanced Warfare
Here, have them from MWNL2
I want new content you are just being cheap

No, they want what they want to make the game better for them and that's a very subjective judgement

War spoils is insanely random and doesn't negate the fact that you will have to pay to get a commander you want in a reasonable time instead of playing the game for possibly hundreds of hours. Everyone agrees the warspoil system is broken.

People wanted CAS and Advanced Warfare, but they also wanted MWNL2 to actually add some new content like very needed commanders for USF and OKW who are still stuck with 6 each despite it being months after WFA release.

They want to make it a better game for everyone, how is bug patching, new content, and good communication only subjectively good? Stop accusing people of being selfish just because they don't agree everything is fine.
28 Mar 2015, 20:24 PM

Hop off Relic's dick please
28 Mar 2015, 20:26 PM

Telling people they are stupid and incompetent and should listen to you because only you can sort their life out is a fantastic life hack

Please cite were any of the people I have mentioned have said these things. Thanks in advance.
28 Mar 2015, 20:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That shows how the community can achive something...Relic would never have bothered with that bug.

Assuming for a moment, that I accept your premise, that doesn't give any coherent way to make progress.

It was a game breaking bug that could be fixed, a straight binary yes/no condition

Very few of the issues we have left in the game are open to such easy evaluation.

Assume that the game would be balanced if Panthers cost 150 fuel, Cpt Price Method doesn't give you anyway of achieving that goal
28 Mar 2015, 20:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

People wanted CAS and Advanced Warfare, but they also wanted MWNL2 to actually add some new content like very needed commanders for USF and OKW who are still stuck with 6 each despite it being months after WFA release.

And some people didn't want new content because they wanted the existing stuff fixed.

Because the Community is not a hive mind
28 Mar 2015, 20:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge

When you love someone you are honest to them, you don't bullshit them. You think Siberian, CieZ, Barton and all the other content producers and community organizers criticize Relic because they hate Relic and hate the game? No, they want the game to get better and part of that is being 100% honest in your appraisal of things.

Oh wait, you said all the other content producers and community organizers criticize Relic

I only need to find one to disprove your assertion, and I did
28 Mar 2015, 20:32 PM

And some people didn't want new content because they wanted the existing stuff fixed.

Because the Community is not a hive mind

How does USF and OKW getting new commanders have anything to do with getting stuff fixed? The balance, bug, and development departments are all different.

Assuming for a moment, that I accept your premise, that doesn't give any coherent way to make progress.

It was a game breaking bug that could be fixed, a straight binary yes/no condition

Very few of the issues we have left in the game are open to such easy evaluation.

Assume that the game would be balanced if Panthers cost 150 fuel, Cpt Price Method doesn't give you anyway of achieving that goal

How the community plays informs Relic of what is working and what is not. Back when the Panther was 175 fuel but utter garbage in performance nobody used it and that told Relic it needed to be fixed.
28 Mar 2015, 20:35 PM

Oh wait, you said all the other content producers and community organizers criticize Relic

I only need to find one to disprove your assertion, and I did

Did you even read Luvnests state of the game report? It's an overwhelmingly known that most people are not happy with the current state of the game regarding bugs, lack of new content, and lack of patching.
28 Mar 2015, 20:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

How does USF and OKW getting new commanders have anything to do with getting stuff fixed? The balance, bug, and development departments are all different.

Glad you understand that, but most people here don't, and therefore regarded AA as a slap in face
28 Mar 2015, 20:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Well the Captain's "On me" was fixed after Price started abusing it, otherwise it would be still in game.

That is incorrect. Sorry. :(

The abuse started on a Chinese board, I think, and was reported here by a Chinese poster. I am also certain that one of our senior Admins bust a gut to make Relic aware and fix the problem. :)
28 Mar 2015, 20:50 PM

Glad you understand that, but most people here don't, and therefore regarded AA as a slap in face

Actually most people here do, and at the very least understood the fact single player only people did need some new content. It still doesn't excuse the fact OKW and USF are still stuck at 6 commanders.
28 Mar 2015, 21:00 PM
Benefactor 115

I knew about the captain bug in June and also reported it. Nothing was done until people were exploiting the hell out of it.
28 Mar 2015, 21:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Actually most people here do, and at the very least understood the fact single player only people did need some new content. It still doesn't excuse the fact OKW and USF are still stuck at 6 commanders.

How many more Commanders should OKW need, or have? :faint:

The "Blast Them All into Perdition Commander" at 12 CPs, with double KTs? or "the Fanatic Spray and Kill Commander" at 2 Cps, equivalent to the fire force of a combined Pionier-with-shreks/Ober squad?

28 Mar 2015, 21:18 PM

The "Blast Them All into Perdition Commander" at 12 CPs, with double KTs? or "the Fanatic Spray and Kill Commander" at 2 Cps, equivalent to the fire force of a combined Pionier-with-shreks/Ober squad?

How about a commander with some medium tanks, or artillery and support weapons so I can actually spend my MP on something :)
28 Mar 2015, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2015, 18:49 PMInverse
I just think it's a very silly thing to post because it accomplishes nothing except to give the appearance that Relic is going to heavily police modded content. I also think it's a silly policy because it's counter-productive (for the reasons stated above), but they're two separate aspects of silliness.

Posting something like this doesn't improve Relic's bottom line at all; instead, it gives people another reason to doubt their ability to effectively manage a game and a community. It's a net negative, just like the toxicity post was a net negative. Why post this now instead of waiting until a problem comes up and handling things on a case-by-case basis in the meantime? It doesn't make any sense from any perspective except a strictly legal one, and you've got some serious issues if you're letting your legal team manage your game for you.

This. Some studios are confident enough with their games, and let you do what ever the FUCK you want. The best example (although SP) is Bethesda, and guess what? It's free fucking advertisement for them. Look at how social media (facebook, 9gag, etc) promote the game. On the other hand, we have Relic, we have DICE.

I think they are not confident with their game. They think that if people have access to core files and can actually make a better game than them, they will lose credibility. I don't know and I don't care, but the result is Relic losing people trust.

28 Mar 2015, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

they dont really need more commanders, but they will get the "very-op-must-buy-p2w-commander", im pretty sure.

about the "on me" bug: just go to romeos issue tracker and you will find a lot of bugs that are easy to fix aswell but arent fixed (some are there since the beta).

I knew about the captain bug in June and also reported it. Nothing was done until people were exploiting the hell out of it.

you owned quite a lot of people with this statement :D

btt:
besides the "should have no bugs" stuff, this is pretty reasonable. for a eula, to be found somewhere hidden. BUT NOT AS A BLOGPOST. cynthia should know much better than that :facepalm:
29 Mar 2015, 00:24 AM
Donator 11

"Mods must be free of any bugs, errors, or other operational defects that could materially affect CoH2 or the Company of Heroes community at large."

29 Mar 2015, 00:58 AM

Actually the giant flaming middle finger to modders is how limited your options are for modding.

Currently you can make maps and edit some stats with no information on what exactly Relic intend to unlock next regarding modding. (Unit Skins, Decals, loading new models etc.)

Yeah!! This is the point that we're all sleeping on too, like... barbed wire at my HQ exclaiming "fuck relic" is probably is a bigger troll and would reach a wider audience than any sort of mod attempt i could make considering the tools at my disposal and the outreach.

like, just, ughhhhh
it screams out of touch, maybe it's me, i don't even know. it makes me stupidly anxious for this patch, just to see wtf they've been doing. if management is telling legal/pr this is a priority, what are the devs up to?
29 Mar 2015, 02:39 AM

I find the fact that they say we can't grand DLC Commanders specifically in mods for free even though their war spoils system already grants free DLC commanders. Kind of contradicting....
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS