Login

russian armor

OST Panzerwerfer: Truly Underpowered

PAGES (10)down
20 Mar 2015, 01:36 AM

Stop talking about this unit which has been forgotten forever...switching it with Ostwind will help a little but it still needs some love.The scatter is fairly terrible.
20 Mar 2015, 01:53 AM

Katusha blows. Still does. Panzerwerfer used to be good, I wanted the Katusha buffed to its level. Relic nerfbats it instead, now it blows as much as Katusha.

Then of course Relic releases OKW and USF, both with Stuka and the Priest, and now the Katusha and Panzerwerfer remain, left behind while the new Fractions enjoy their long range arty that performs at the level the vanilla fractions units did before the nerfbat.

Hate these OHK units anyways what so whatever.
20 Mar 2015, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 00:38 AMLSDuffy
You guys are forgetting that the pwerfer has an MG.

What i did here Shameless Self-Promotion. Actually it is better at killing snipers on retreat than kubel can ever dream. Probably only thing pwerfer is good at :S
20 Mar 2015, 02:27 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 01:53 AMUnited
Katusha blows. Still does. Panzerwerfer used to be good, I wanted the Katusha buffed to its level. Relic nerfbats it instead, now it blows as much as Katusha.

Then of course Relic releases OKW and USF, both with Stuka and the Priest, and now the Katusha and Panzerwerfer remain, left behind while the new Fractions enjoy their long range arty that performs at the level the vanilla fractions units did before the nerfbat.

Hate these OHK units anyways what so whatever.

Dude, Katyusha kicks major ass in team games. Devastating in fact. The trade off is it dies to a light breeze and Soviet tier three and four both suck.
20 Mar 2015, 02:28 AM

Dude, Katyusha kicks major ass in team games. Devastating in fact. The trade off is it dies to a light breeze and Soviet tier three and four both suck.

T4 (except the SU-76) is fine.
20 Mar 2015, 02:44 AM

T4 (except the SU-76) is fine.

Su 85 is trash at finishing anything with more armor than unvetted p4. Jacksons is so much better it hurts.

But, nonetheless, rushed double katy, first to force blob away and second to drop it dead on fhq into callins is viable strategy. And even single katy can spray annihilation with RNG gods blessing.
20 Mar 2015, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 02:44 AMJadame!

Su 85 is trash at finishing anything with more armor than unvetted p4. Jacksons is so much better it hurts.

But, nonetheless, rushed double katy, first to force blob away and second to drop it dead on fhq into callins is viable strategy. And even single katy can spray annihilation with RNG gods blessing.

It's pen is fairly okay versus even Panthers and Tigers, and it's DPS at Vet 2 is absurdly high. Honestly T4 isn't nearly in as much of a bad spot as T3 is long term.

The Jackson has more raw damage, but it's DPS is lower.
20 Mar 2015, 03:20 AM

And higher DPS means literally nothing in game where nobody going to allow you to shoot their tanks with su like in firing range. Don't compare units in vacuum and on paper, it is not math class, it is a game with many side factors, which play decisive role in any engagement.

Jackson can RELIABLY finish any damaged panzer backpedaling on blitz, thanks to it devastating damage, 0.75 acc on the move vs 0.5 of su85, which is 1.0 in the game because any skilled player will time shots and stop Jackson before shooting thanks to longer reload time and better maneuverability.

On the other hand, not only su85 need more shoots to finish anything, it will miss half of them, and bounce all others (speaking of better vet2); which it will never land at the first place thanks to inability to chase anything because of it awful maneuverability and lack of turret (upgunned sc block can kill su85), and for the same reason 1 panther flank can force away or even kill 2 su85. Try to block Jackson with upgunned sc or flank double Jacksons with panther and see what would happen.

Su85 is good td for defensive play, but if you play defensive against Axis team you already lost. Thats why "short term" t3 is far better than "nonexistent term" t4 if you don't toss call-ins into equation, and even then it is all about impact you can do with rushed units from those tiers.
20 Mar 2015, 03:27 AM

Ugh the SU85. Makes me a sad panda.
20 Mar 2015, 05:54 AM

The firecracker is just bad.Won't use it even against blobs unless desperate.Too long reload too weak impact.
20 Mar 2015, 06:42 AM

The Firecrackerwerfer it's a shame for the rest of ostheer T4 units. The other 2 have quite a good punch against infantry or tanks. And then you have the.... Panzerwerfer. No need to say more.
Sigh, I remember the days when it ment something. I wonder if in the new patch besides hundreds of OKW nurfs Relic will have the decency to buff a few Ostheer units. This one would be a good choice for instance.
20 Mar 2015, 07:08 AM

Permanently Banned

Um... who are you again? Have you ever even used the Ostheer "turbo mortar?!"

it doesnot matter who am i, but i bet my sandwich i know more about the game than you :/
20 Mar 2015, 07:32 AM

it doesnot matter who am i, but i bet my sandwich i know more about the game than you :/

20 Mar 2015, 07:39 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 07:32 AMJorad

lol exactly :thumbsup:
20 Mar 2015, 09:41 AM

pardon me if i use "i bet my sandwich" in the future.
20 Mar 2015, 13:41 PM
Donator 33

The "latest" change to Panzywerfer was made in 31th of July in 2014

Panzerwerfer

In contrast to the Katyusha, the Panzerwerfer trades range and area denial for damage concentration. This increased rocket saturation increases its barrage lethality, while its counter barrage ability punishes nearby artillery. Given the Panzerwerfer has a slightly higher tech cost, we have enabled it to fire its barrage more frequently.
Damage from 160 to 80
Mid AOE damage from 56 to 28
Deflected shots now deal 20 damage
Ability recharge time from 70 to 100 seconds

(I still have nightmares of the COH 2 early days with Flamehalftracks coming to your face, and after that PZ IV´s and Panzerwerfers, and Panthers after that, glad those days are over)
20 Mar 2015, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 13:41 PMATCF

Panzerwerfer

In contrast to the Katyusha, the Panzerwerfer trades range and area denial for damage concentration. This increased rocket saturation increases its barrage lethality, while its counter barrage ability punishes nearby artillery. Given the Panzerwerfer has a slightly higher tech cost, we have enabled it to fire its barrage more frequently.
Damage from 160 to 80

(I still have nightmares of the COH 2 early days with Flamehalftracks coming to your face, and after that PZ IV´s and Panzerwerfers, and Panthers after that, glad those days are over)

I remember the damage of 160 would wipe everything within the area of barrage. Panzerwerfer should be cheaper in terms of price along with tech cost and damage to maybe 90.
20 Mar 2015, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 13:41 PMATCF

Panzerwerfer

Damage from 160 to 80

The problem is that they changed how artillery worked which drastically reduced it's ability to hit anything outside of point blank range. While it will kill what ever infantry is caught in the barrage zone, the zone is so small it becomes stupid easy to move out of.

It's particularly unfair considering the large amount of damage over an area the Katyusha and Stuka can do, as well as the fact the Katyusha can be used for area denial (which is fine), but the Pwerf can't function as an assault rocket artillery HT like the stuka; so it has basically no defined roll.
20 Mar 2015, 17:23 PM

I can testify the panzerwerfer melts rifles at point blank.... damn you auzzie! Getting it real close for barrage and gtfo works pretty well if you can micro. If you can't micro.... go play okw.
20 Mar 2015, 19:12 PM

The problem is that they changed how artillery worked which drastically reduced it's ability to hit anything outside of point blank range. While it will kill what ever infantry is caught in the barrage zone, the zone is so small it becomes stupid easy to move out of.

It's particularly unfair considering the large amount of damage over an area the Katyusha and Stuka can do, as well as the fact the Katyusha can be used for area denial (which is fine), but the Pwerf can't function as an assault rocket artillery HT like the stuka; so it has basically no defined roll.

No they changed how explosives work via profiles for them. They changed the Artillery to better SHOW you how distance effects scatter. They didnt change how it worked. It was a UI Improvment only.

The Werfer still sucks. As does the Kat in 1v1s at least. But not as bad as the Werfer. I just cant find any good thing about it. I mean would you honestly EVER as a player in the game be in a situation where you were like "OMG he is turtling! I know I must quick tech to Panzerwerfer thats EXACTLY what I need!!!"

No you wouldnt. Because

A.) Allies shouldnt be turtling because they are BAD at it

and

B.) Two Panzers IVs would do a better job even if you killed one on a suicide charge then a Werfer ever would when you consider its Tech cost, unit cost, and effectiveness.

Its just plain crap.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %