Login

russian armor

Penal Demo Charges timer too short.

18 Jun 2013, 06:14 AM

I experimented it.

By default, Penal is better than conscript.

But they can't use oorah, molotov and AT nades. In addition, they can't get PPSH.

And most importantly, they are expensive. so guards or shocks is better than them.
18 Jun 2013, 08:39 AM

Permanently Banned
Longer throw range + longer timer + reduced AoE

/Thread.
18 Jun 2013, 12:19 PM

Im not sure if its the 3 second timer that is bad or the seeming slight delay when you give a move order to when your units move...I know ive been microing well and saw the satchel timer pop up on the ground only to move away as quickly as i could and still get blown up and lose half the squad or more. I think a 3.5 or 4 second timer would be enough, or maybe a clearer understanding of exactly where it is...
18 Jun 2013, 21:34 PM

agreed scatchels have sort timer but then again thats the only thing thats of real worth in this unit
18 Jun 2013, 21:43 PM

Agreed, they are an okay unit that does good damage but the cost and timing of them makes them next to useless when you can get guards/cons with ppsh or even better shocks, imo they need a serious rework.
19 Jun 2013, 00:28 AM

I havent experienced issues with the Satchel at all. It is strong, but it is easy to dodge if you are paying attention. If the timer is increased, I'd say 1 second is more than enough. 5 seconds would make it less worth the munis.

However...

Lets consider that satchel charges will pretty much destroy anything they hit. If not destroyed, it'll limp away. Its an amazing building deterrent for the Soviets, alas the unit throwing it is a waste. Have a troublesome building with an enemy unit inside? Throw a satchel. Problem gone, much more efficient than a Demolition Charge.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak