Login

russian armor

RELIC-how about you tell us what is in the march 31 patch!

PAGES (11)down
18 Mar 2015, 17:00 PM

is the coh2 community bad by nature or is it a result of how it has been treated ?

CoH2 community is actually one of the more mature ones I've seen.
And I've seen quite a few.
Just be happy we aren't lol or any random shooter community.
18 Mar 2015, 17:02 PM

CoH2 community is good because it's very, very small.
18 Mar 2015, 17:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Disrespectful post #79 invised, together with follow-up post #80 which cited post #79

Keep it clean, please, guys :)
18 Mar 2015, 17:36 PM

Coh2 community is better then dota 2 community. I think that's enough,
18 Mar 2015, 17:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

An online community's maturity is inversely proportionate to its size.
18 Mar 2015, 18:48 PM

In February 2014, CoH2 was down to 3,235 players with a peak of 6,900.

In February 2015, CoH2 was at 5,471 players with a peak of 16,489.

I think we are in a much better position now than we were a year ago. With that said, I think hope that Relic really wants to hold on to this momentum and release a very nice and comprehensive patch to overall improve the game, and continue to build a player base.

This is a huge opportunity for them and I don't think they'll spoil it.

It's war, after all.
18 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There is nothing that says what is in the patch

You are only assuming it will be balance

It could well be bug fixes only
18 Mar 2015, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If that is the case, it could be nothing at all :P My units keeps getting stuck on dead bodies (at least not on retreat). I guess we can say it "something".
18 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM

We can at least guess from the statements they have made about map making and whatnot. They also have been very coy about discussing what comes after the patch either.
18 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well it's also not going to make the game get 100 FPS on a Tandy, get the game 50,000 players a day or give people million dollar purse esports events; but people will complain if it doesn't do all of that and more
18 Mar 2015, 19:30 PM

Well it's also not going to make the game get 100 FPS on a Tandy, get the game 50,000 players a day or give people million dollar purse esports events; but people will complain if it doesn't do all of that and more

I don't know why your being so sarcastic, the patch will probably be disappointing and people will (rightfully) complain about it.

This is Relic we are talking about here.
18 Mar 2015, 19:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I don't know why your being so sarcastic, the patch will probably be disappointing and people will (rightfully) complain about it.

This is the COH2 Community we are talking about which is full of asshats.

If I was Relic I wouldn't tell you Nice People anything either
18 Mar 2015, 19:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You do not possess the powers of foresight, any more than all of us do. ;) Please desist from this line of attack, based as it is, on pure supposition. :)
18 Mar 2015, 19:40 PM

Patch will be great guys i promise MVGame.

The prophecy will be fulfiled. The PaK wall will crumble taking down Sprice pioneers with it. The shreck blob will crumble and go back to the abyss it spawned from. None shall survive the mighty return of the legendary su-76 :snfBarton: Keepo

18 Mar 2015, 19:41 PM

You do not possess the powers of foresight, any more than all of us do. ;) Please desist from this line of attack, based as it is, on pure supposition. :)

Idk when a person who has worked with Relic and is currently doing so says "Don't get excited" I tend to take them at their word.

I hold no special hate for Relic or anything, but people are treating/hyping this patch when it really is just going to be like any other, having it's upside and it's downsides.

We can only hope the ups outweigh the downs, but it's not going to be some magically thing that fixes everything.
18 Mar 2015, 19:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If I was Relic I wouldn't tell you Nice People anything either

Either make your actions talk for themselves or be a genious at marketing and overhype your game. That path of action is not gonna improve the number of sales (future) or image on the company.

Any patch is gonna bring something to talk or complain about. Bugs will probably arise, etc. The thing is that you can't release 2 new factions and expect to have the game on a remotely balanced state and just let it be for 6+ months without a word on what are you working on.
After so long, expectatives are high. Or none, for some us. If it's good (or different)fine, if not just take a hiatus.
18 Mar 2015, 19:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Idk when a person who has worked with Relic and is currently doing so says "Don't get excited" I tend to take them at their word.

I hold no special hate for Relic or anything, but people are treating/hyping this patch when it really is just going to be like any other, having it's upside and it's downsides.

That is bcs this community is passionate - and has become very frustrated when stuff takes so long to arrive, especially after the frequency of patching in the first 12 months - 20 patches(?)

We can only hope the ups outweigh the downs, but it's not going to be some magically thing that fixes everything.

Which is slightly different from what you posted above...but thank you for altering your position.:) This is all I can hope for. Robust discussion? : good. Polemics? :not so.
18 Mar 2015, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 17:46 PMVuther
An online community's maturity is inversely proportionate to its size.

That's too deep man...
18 Mar 2015, 20:31 PM
Patrion 14

I'm on holiday with no access to CoH2 when the patch comes out. Then I'll be playing Pillars of Eternity. So I'll kinda miss out on all the excitement. I will return to survey the corpse-strewn battlefield that is this forum after the 31st.
18 Mar 2015, 21:07 PM

Do we know if they hired anyone for the balance position? I heard somewhere here that the Relic employee in charge of balance design left.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS