Login

russian armor

RELIC-how about you tell us what is in the march 31 patch!

PAGES (11)down
19 Mar 2015, 02:36 AM
Coder Red Badge

Every time I've tried v-sync I've experienced noticeable input lag, which is a pretty big no-no in a competitive game.
19 Mar 2015, 02:40 AM
Donator 33

Heh I have so much delay playing online that I'm willing to live with the additional 1-16ms if it makes the game silky smooth.

Definitely for something with aiming in a 3d space though, it's easier to feel such a small delay even if you wouldn't notice when watching.
19 Mar 2015, 02:44 AM
Coder Red Badge

I can live with input delay because of high latency, that's fine. But random mouse lag really fucks up your muscle memory. It's just like having acceleration turned on, there's no consistency. If I physically move my mouse an inch, my cursor had better move the same distance on my screen every single time.
19 Mar 2015, 02:49 AM

There is a correlation between Vsync and Mouse DPI I just have never noticed it.

I am Diamond in LoL and SC2 and i run Vsync in both games no problem.
But it could be my mouse i don't know. FPS games are a whole nother' ball of wax.

UT4 Alpha hasn't given me any problems with Vsync and mouse.
19 Mar 2015, 04:23 AM
Patrion 27

I agree with Inverse here. I think Relic should be definitely focusing on the performance of the game rather than adding anything new. Secondly they should prepare the game for esports by toning down the massive amounts of RNG involved (e.g plane crashes) alongside reaching out to esport companies and getting them on board to hype up COH2. The truth of the matter is that COH2 needs a real marketing push to get it noticed and where it needs to be.

COH2 and Esports in the same post is the best fantasy story I have read since The Hobbit.

I, for one, hope Relic lives up to the expectations they have set in the past and ruins the game to such a degree that I can finally uninstall it and go rock climbing more :P
19 Mar 2015, 06:12 AM

Seeing that coming from you is very funny :)

The whole "Napalm is a sell out" movement is false. I have concerns about the balancing of the game. There is enough balancing/meta related stuff that a dedicated body should be assigned to it until addressed fully.
19 Mar 2015, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 06:12 AMNapalm

The whole "Napalm is a sell out" movement is false. I have concerns about the balancing of the game. There is enough balancing/meta related stuff that a dedicated body should be assigned to it until addressed fully.

There is just no movement, rather, you couldn't have timed that article more poorly considering the very drawn out cap we have been having in communication and content.

Generally Iv found everyone on .org to be agreeable when playing with, I mean me and Comm had a huge argument but still have fun in 2's together :P
19 Mar 2015, 07:15 AM
Patrion 14

Seeing that coming from you is funny:)

19 Mar 2015, 07:16 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 01:37 AMInverse

I get better FPS playing Dota 2 nearly maxed out than I do playing CoH2 on minimum settings. There's a major problem with that.

and?...

Dota 2 could run on a 2010 tablet.

Coh2 runs like crap

But comparing it to another game

means nothing

I can run bf4 on ultra with constant 198 fps

But i get 98 fps on crysis 3 enthusiast settings

By ur logic, "There's a major problem with that."
19 Mar 2015, 08:23 AM

CoH2 was originally going to be a prototype for DoW3, I'm not joking.

and what are your sources about that my dear ?
19 Mar 2015, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 01:01 AMTobis
I'm calling it now. The patch goes live, they don't release patch notes. Everybody is confused and tries to figure out what changed.

Then on April 1st the video on the news page appears announcing when the real patch date will be. Commence the hype.

Not hard to call it since they always do that :D
But all it takes is the basic communication within the company to get patch AND the notes at the same time.

and what are your sources about that my dear ?

CoHo was a prototype of CoH2 and that is as far as it goes.
We know less about possible DoW3 then jaigen about playing allies.
19 Mar 2015, 08:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The game will always be somewhat "balanced" because people will figure out strats that work in the meta. What most people want to see is the meta being shaked up so new strats can emerge.

No, what people want is to win all the time in the easiest manner possible.

They will then complain that the meta is stale and expect someone else to fix it for them

Very few are willing to take risks and experiment
19 Mar 2015, 09:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Didn't you get the memo?

The game is terrible; Relic are evil/incompetent/complacent/eat kittens and the only way anyone will say anything nice about Relic is if they are paid to.

You must be a sell out, otherwise everything I just said above (which is apparently held as an article of faith by just about everybody here) has to be wrong.

That would never do, because people would rather sit around bitching and being negative than having their beliefs challenged.
19 Mar 2015, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 08:50 AMKatitof

Not hard to call it since they always do that :D
But all it takes is the basic communication within the company to get patch AND the notes at the same time.

CoHo was a prototype of CoH2 and that is as far as it goes.
We know less about possible DoW3 then jaigen about playing allies.

OH! #shotsfired
19 Mar 2015, 10:29 AM
Patrion 28

And this is the problem right here, CoH2 is very very demanding while not having omgwtf graphics.
When this game was released only the GTX Titan (GK-110 Chipset) Was able to run this on max settings/AA.

[...]wall[...]

see, i thought you were referring to something that rendered the game unplayable with SLI turned on, which the old texture corruption bug occasionally did (screen turns green because corrupted fog texture or skybox explodes and i can't see anything if my camera is more than 20 degrees off the ground...)

the shitty performance is bad but it's not an SLI issue. i have no idea what my frame rate is, i'm really bad at detecting low frame rates, but i have everything but AA maxed at 2560x1440 and i don't notice any issues without huge amounts of particles/snow. i think i get about 40 frames most of the time, which is fine for me.

UT4 Alpha hasn't given me any problems with Vsync and mouse.

!!!!!!

now this is exciting. i got into UT3 late in the game and never played earlier ones so i'm very excited for 4. i hope it doesn't flop like 3...
19 Mar 2015, 13:14 PM
Coder Red Badge

and?...

Coh2 runs like crap

means nothing

It's a problem because CoH2 is competing with those games for players, which means comparing it to those games is a perfectly fine thing to do. When I play CoH1 or SC2 or Dota 2 or CSGO, I have a wide enough range of configuration options to where I can find a mix that gives me enough frames that I never, ever have to worry or think about it, and I can focus entirely on the actual competition. That's essential for a multiplayer game, and it's a major problem for CoH2 because even at bare minimum settings the game performs terribly. Trying to play CoH2 competitively (and every time you play against another player and try to win you're playing it competitively) is an exercise in frustration because you're constantly wrestling with poor performance that affects very basic things like unit control and camera movement.

The problem isn't on the high end; I don't give a shit if you need a supercomputer to max out CoH2. The problem is the low-end performance is pathetic, and if you want a vibrant multiplayer community you need a manageable low-end spec so that as many people as possible can play the game without ever thinking about performance impacting their quality of play. Every single one of CoH2's competitors in the multiplayer space have good min-spec performance. If people have to fight against frames to play your game, they're going to get frustrated and they're going to turn to a game that they can play without issue.
19 Mar 2015, 13:50 PM

and?...

Coh2 runs like crap

means nothing

You know "There's a major problem" when the game fucking CRASHES even on High end PCs. Essence engine crashes... A LOT.
19 Mar 2015, 13:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 13:14 PMInverse

It's a problem because CoH2 is competing with those games for players, which means comparing it to those games is a perfectly fine thing to do. When I play CoH1 or SC2 or Dota 2 or CSGO, I have a wide enough range of configuration options to where I can find a mix that gives me enough frames that I never, ever have to worry or think about it, and I can focus entirely on the actual competition. That's essential for a multiplayer game, and it's a major problem for CoH2 because even at bare minimum settings the game performs terribly. Trying to play CoH2 competitively (and every time you play against another player and try to win you're playing it competitively) is an exercise in frustration because you're constantly wrestling with poor performance that affects very basic things like unit control and camera movement.

The problem isn't on the high end; I don't give a shit if you need a supercomputer to max out CoH2. The problem is the low-end performance is pathetic, and if you want a vibrant multiplayer community you need a manageable low-end spec so that as many people as possible can play the game without ever thinking about performance impacting their quality of play. Every single one of CoH2's competitors in the multiplayer space have good min-spec performance. If people have to fight against frames to play your game, they're going to get frustrated and they're going to turn to a game that they can play without issue.

Yup, thats pretty spot on..

19 Mar 2015, 14:08 PM

Interestingly enough, i can run the game at a solid 30-40 FPS on medium settings at 1080p with AA on low on a 7770 and a very old I5.
19 Mar 2015, 14:26 PM
Coder Red Badge

30-40FPS is very noticeably choppy though, especially when you're trying to issue multiple commands quickly or move around the map rapidly. On a standard monitor, you start to notice that choppiness once your frames drop below 60, which is why I always aim for an 80FPS minimum when I configure settings for multiplayer games so that I never come close to noticing frame drops. I can achieve that minimum in every other multiplayer game I play right now (CoH1, SC2, Dota 2, and CSGO), but I've never been able to in CoH2. It's very frustrating when your camera scroll speed changes lategame because your framerate starts to drop below 60 when you make quick movements. You can't play based on instinct anymore because you have to consciously adjust to the variable framerate.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS