Login

russian armor

Your best CoH2 stories

16 Mar 2015, 09:07 AM

Soon it will be 2 years since this game went public.
For this case I would be interested in what your most interesting, funny, exciting, etc. stories are that you experienced while playing this game.

I start:

About a half year ago I had a 2v2 with my usual mate on Moscow's outskirts. It was a very intense game and we were about to lose because the enemies had a very large blob of units pushing us back more and more.
Then my mate had the brilliant idea to bring a Sturmtiger which was then abandoned some minutes after arriving. We were about to surrender because the enemy had a much stronger army and in addition a Sturmtiger but then the enemy blob came very close and all of a sudden the enemy fired a Sturmtiger burst on his own mate resulting in killing almost everything he had.

We somehow managed to get the game going and it was a very close match which we unfortunately lost though but that Sturmtiger shot was brilliant.

16 Mar 2015, 10:07 AM

Played a 4v4 game on Rostov.

Parked forward HQ outside team spawn.

Had 10cps at 10 minutes. Called T34-85s at 12 minutes.

Enemy called a tiger...
16 Mar 2015, 10:12 AM

Some of best moments of my game experience are captured in this playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxxavoPctaemGiyGXgpOcrKsbUFI5K9qT
16 Mar 2015, 14:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Getting on automatch on 2v2, with OKW + SU...Totally not broken :P
16 Mar 2015, 14:51 PM

Getting on automatch on 2v2, with OKW + SU...Totally not broken :P

I once got Ostheer commanders as OKW, and Soviet commanders as USF.

Gotta love American IS2 + Jacksons and CAS/Luftwaffe Supply as OKW B-)
16 Mar 2015, 14:53 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Pics or it didn't happen
16 Mar 2015, 15:00 PM

Pics or it didn't happen

You know how sometimes if you switch factions while searching you don't get any commanders? This is basically the opposite of that. I'll dig through my image folder to see If I can find the the screens I took, was a while ago.

I know there was an image posted a while ago of an OKW player with Soviet commanders, which never happened to me.
16 Mar 2015, 15:06 PM
Patrion 14

2V2 semois winter. I went ml20, my teammate b4.

enemy went tiger ace and elephant with recon and divebomb.

i built my ml20, did some very little damage on the first barrage and soon, my teammate built b4 and killed an ostwind.

soon, my ml20 got dive bombed... b4 then proceeded to kill a panzer 4, tiger ace and elephant to win the game for us. lolz.
16 Mar 2015, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned
I built a conscript squad once, and then it died

the end

best story 2015 :snfBarton:
16 Mar 2015, 15:14 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

You know how sometimes if you switch factions while searching you don't get any commanders? This is basically the opposite of that. I'll dig through my image folder to see If I can find the the screens I took, was a while ago.

I know there was an image posted a while ago of an OKW player with Soviet commanders, which never happened to me.

Strange stuff ^^ If you find them I am avid to see them :D
16 Mar 2015, 15:35 PM

Too many glorious stories to count.
16 Mar 2015, 15:53 PM

Every now and then I get a game against a good player that does not use the same old boring meta strat with OP commanders.
16 Mar 2015, 16:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Gonna call BS, since if you get commanders of other factions, once you select them they just dissapear. The only ability that seems to work with other factions is radio intercept (maybe Soviet industry resources might work but i don't have the commander). But still, the ui wont show up.

TBH, it's pretty simple mechanic to do so. Just switch factions the moment someone starts the search. Pretty simple to replicate.

In my case, and this was the first time i've ever seen it happened, i was soviet while my partner was OKW and SOMEHOW i think he was able to start the search and inmediatly i changed to OKW. I guess the battleservers fuck up and send me into the game with SU with SU commanders. Shame it matched us againts low ranks and the game ended in 6mins.
16 Mar 2015, 16:34 PM

I was new in the game, couple of days after WFA release, I haven't play COH2 since 6 months. 2vs2 Moskow winter random match.

I play really badly, my random mate not better and our opponents not much better. At some point me and my allied are completely repelled to our base, almost no more infantry, same goes for the Axis but they have a panther, 2 tigers and a Tiger Ace on the field.

I manage to save a Jackson from destruction and repair next to my base (top right) The guy in front of me decide to push to finish me but at the same time I manage to call a second Jackson. With a bit of micro I take the panther down and start to charge on the map with my two jacksons, my two last units on the field at this time. I find a 1st tiger and charge it, I pass on his rear and couple of shots later kill it. (don't ask me how honestly)

Time to repair, my two Jacksons are vet2. I continue the roaming, 2 Jacksons still unsupported and found the 2nd tiger, same method, charge and pass in his rear, with vet2 the tiger cannot do much, that was impressive. Almost when the tiger is down, the tiger Ace show up and I do the same... charge pass on his rear and BAM, Tiger Ace down, two Jacksons vet3.

If I remember well, he directly called a 2nd Tiger Ace but it didn't change anything, I took it with the 2 Jacksons.

we finally won the game :D

After this match, I thought the Jackson was a beast... na, couple of other games later I understood my opponents were just worst than me :D

16 Mar 2015, 16:50 PM

Gonna call BS, since if you get commanders of other factions, once you select them they just dissapear. The only ability that seems to work with other factions is radio intercept (maybe Soviet industry resources might work but i don't have the commander). But still, the ui wont show up.

TBH, it's pretty simple mechanic to do so. Just switch factions the moment someone starts the search. Pretty simple to replicate.

In my case, and this was the first time i've ever seen it happened, i was soviet while my partner was OKW and SOMEHOW i think he was able to start the search and inmediatly i changed to OKW. I guess the battleservers fuck up and send me into the game with SU with SU commanders. Shame it matched us againts low ranks and the game ended in 6mins.

If you change commanders then change factions was the only time I had it happen, and yeah it was probably a battle server bug. But if you do go into cheatmod or mod other faction commanders into being usable by any faction they work fine.

Iv had it happen to friends before, once had my friend get an OKW commander as Ostheer and holy about half the abilities worked.
16 Mar 2015, 16:55 PM

Vet 3 M10 in 2v2 by killing...tanks...

It was the only AT I had and Ost went T3 and the other with the Elephant. Killed all the Ost armor by clever micro and the Elephant came late. My Dozer took out all the Paks on the map and I went in his base and Circled with the M10 for what felt like forever before it died.

Another was Soviets 2v2 pre WFA. My teammate went Industry and I went fast T3. He built tons of repair stations and we were able to use a Pack of T34s all game long with super repairs in the T34 Spa as we called it.

I had three Vet 3 T34s and managed to take on two Tigers and finally an Elephant. I lost ONE T34 that game. Was epic.
16 Mar 2015, 17:56 PM

1v1 in Crossing, USA (me) vs OKW. Squad wipes for both sides. 35 min King Tiger, drives to M20 mine, i finish it off with Infantry company artillery and double jacksons. Next king tiger arrives 20 minutes later, i had nothing to counter it. Me and my enemy didnt have much infantry, and the victory points were bleeding. Points were like 15 (for oberkommando) - 10. I captured victory points with my scott, jackson and priest crew. What an intense game. I win with under 5 points lead. Sadly the replay is not valid anymore :/

Or i could try it, what was the buggy command, which allowed old replays?
16 Mar 2015, 18:19 PM
16 Mar 2015, 20:52 PM

16 Mar 2015, 21:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The Cereal Game.

Cookiez N creem vs Honeynuts.

This game was full of epic moments,and actually,some of my proudest moments in gaming since it was my first gaming tournament win (of many :snfBarton: )

I think my JP4 killed 5-6 ambulances from HoneyNut Cheerio, and my Jp4 got vet 5,and killed like 5-7 shermans...along with me building a 30 min flak HT that ended up paying off and getting to vet 4. Also had multiple epic scavenge arty that game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 48
Russian Federation 97
unknown 47
United States 20
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L