Login

russian armor

What are you expecting from the British Army?

What should the British faction be called?
Option Distribution Votes
36%
64%
Total votes: 100
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
15 Mar 2015, 01:16 AM

Now, we know by some leaks that the British Army is most likely to make a triumphant return to the field of battle, and while we know next to nothing regarding it's teching structure, units and etc, how do you believe the faction is going to be implemented? I doubt Relic are going to use the same template in CoH1 since the US has tiers via officers, and the OKW inherited the truck design from CoH1, so what will happen to the British Army? I'm personally hoping for the following:

-Teching structure like the Wehrmacht since it would relatively straight forward, and maybe easier to balance.
-The best anti-infantry in the game via Canadian Infantry or Royal Marine commandos. Canada has served the British Empire with distinction in a large amount of conflicts, so it would be nice to see Canadian troops in the British Army much like in real life(WW2). Winston Churchill once said "If I had Canadian soldiers, American technology and British officers, I would rule the World".
-Focused on fast moving attack maneuvers and versatile infantry/vehicles. The British Army was known for their elegant and extremely efficient operations, and they also beat the Americans to Europe mainland during Operation Overlord. CoH1 portrayed the British Army doctrine incorrectly, so i'm hoping they'll be a fast and hard hitting force for CoH2.
-No political correctness. This point directly ties into the poll question, but basically I want the British Army to be called exactly that, and not something generic like the Commonwealth Army. Australia, New Zealand, India, the UK, Palestine and etc were British subjects and hence they were considered part of the British Army. Not only that but countless soldiers who served in the Canadian Army(My Grandfather for example), Australian Army and etc considered themselves part of the British Army.

Let's keep it nice and simple, Relic. Call it the British Army and most people will be satisfied.

If Relic gets the British Army right, i'm literally only going to play the British Army so don't let me down Relic.

God save the Queen and may Richard the Lionheart lead you to eternal glory.
15 Mar 2015, 01:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-No political correctness. This point directly ties into the poll question, but basically I want the British Army to be called exactly that, and not something generic like the Commonwealth Army. Australia, New Zealand, India, the UK, Palestine and etc were British subjects and hence they were considered part of the British Army. Not only that but countless soldiers who served in the Canadian Army(My Grandfather for example), Australian Army and etc considered themselves part of the British Army.

Let's keep it nice and simple, Relic. Call it the British Army and most people will be satisfied.

I would absolutely doubt this happening considering the precedent - United States Forces (missing a word, it's United States Armed Forces), Wehrmacht (definitely incorrect considering that term represented the entirety of the German military when we still have another distinct German military faction in the game), Oberkommando West (totally did not exist).
15 Mar 2015, 01:34 AM

6th para.
guards & welshies :3

keeping it in theme with the operation, i guess it would probably have to model 30 corps unless they change theater entirely.

but really, i think someone mentioned it here already. i sort of expect the introduction, if the rumors are true to just be a support arm of the usf. :\
15 Mar 2015, 01:41 AM

British Commonwealth. :p (Though there is a stronger divide between Canadian and British forces than any other force of the Commonwealth)

I would wish for Comets and Churchill VII's in the last teching structure XD

But good emphasis and proper roles for the infantry tanks and the cruiser tanks. I would like to see cute Valentines given they dont suck as much as the USF Stuart.

Obviously Firefly TD, unless they actually include Archer tanks...
Or m10 achilles.

I would also wish for Sexton II's...

Mainly wishing for badass armor which most likely wont be added at all. The best of everything is usually reserved for the #thirdreich.

But i am looking very much forward to a WELL designed and balanced "Brit" faction. It mainly depends on what time period and operation they are based off of.
15 Mar 2015, 03:17 AM

I expect the British to be a Allied Fraction that has an emphasis on having a late game similar to OKW

And I expect a Japaneese German Fraction that emphasis early game infantry, and has shit tanks similar to the allies

and I expect lots of recycled units from COH1
15 Mar 2015, 04:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Brits better have the best infantry in the game to compete with OKW bs

yes that means vet 5
15 Mar 2015, 05:48 AM

;_; australian doctrine?
15 Mar 2015, 05:56 AM

They will probably be the most defensive allied faction. Probably lots of emplacements like bofors and stuff.
15 Mar 2015, 09:28 AM
Donator 11

Will Brits have a cowardice counter so it will be historically accurate?

"Tom, is that huns approaching? Yea mate, time to rule the waves back to London"
15 Mar 2015, 09:34 AM

They could also add the British from Africa, along with the DAK :).
15 Mar 2015, 09:42 AM

"Tom, is that huns approaching? Yea mate, time to rule the waves back to London"

as someone who has relatives that served in the merchant navy, sending vital supplies and equipment to aide the soviets, "living" in constant fear in some of the most dangerous and grueling waters/conditions imaginable on this planet, i will suggest that bravery be measured in a multitude of ways; otherwise, i shall hold my tongue.
15 Mar 2015, 10:10 AM

Cowardice happened on all sides, I'd recommend you not to raise the question of cowardice lest I be forced to raise the question of the Red Army's incompetence and cowardice at many levels during the second world war.

@ OP

I'm expecting nothing.
15 Mar 2015, 11:07 AM

I'd quite like to see something with a focus similar to that that the OKW has to deal with. Similar but not the same.

Commonwealth inclusion is an obvious go to, so there's that. Plenty of vehicle and weapon designs and manpower support from all the British territories.

But I'd also like a real focus in the tech structure towards long time preservation of units and retrofitting, specifically in the armour department.

Unlike Russia and to a certain extent Gremany, the UK had a very small landmass with which to produce vehicles. They couldn't just churn out prototype designs every other day, and there was a lot of fitting old hulls with equipment as and when it was needed. Either back home by adapting an old hull to a new armament, on on the field by just welding whatever you could find into the damn thing.

The ability, for example, to start the game with a very early Churchill I tank. Expensive but available quickly, as it comes with all the glory of a 2pdr and a fixed traverse 3in gun in the hull. If it survives my teching attempts, bring it back to base and replace the turret to make it a Churchill III or IV, and with a little patience for my fourth tech tier I can then retrofit that with a 75mm gun and (slightly in the face of reality) adapt the hull into a Mk VII. Commanders, perhaps, could offer the option for upgrading that into a Crocodile or an AVRE or adding a mine plough.

Or tanks like the Valentine. Sure, keep it alive, up the gun to a 6pdr or a 75mm. Keep it alive late into the game and you can adapt it to the late game with a 17pdr in a superstructure, giving you a heavy AT platform on the reasonably cheap. Which also happens to go faster in reverse, as the gun is mounted backwards, so to speak.

What I never ever want to see again is another unit that gives area buffs and vet equivalents. Just let my infantry vet up like normal. Ideally to vet 4 or 5, given how long the Brits had been in the war. Make the exhausted Brits and the exhausted OKW nice counterparts to one another on the battered western front. Releasing them at the same time would have been a bit samey, but by now I reckon we're ready.
15 Mar 2015, 13:28 PM

I am expecting broken balance.
15 Mar 2015, 13:33 PM

I expect that the British will not be in the game
15 Mar 2015, 13:41 PM

What I want: An army that reinforces the combined arms formula of Company of Heroes. Flanking, suppression, tactical elements etc

What I expect:
TRUCKS.
STUFF THAT LOOKS COOL BUT IS BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR.
BLOBS.
NON-DOCTRINAL EMPLACEMENTS.
MOAR TRUCKS.

I sincerely hope new factions aren't coming though. IF they somehow manage to fix the balance in the next balance patch (it would be miraculous), it'd be broken again a few months later, for another year.
15 Mar 2015, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 13:41 PMKhan
What I want: An army that reinforces the combined arms formula of Company of Heroes. Flanking, suppression, tactical elements etc

What I expect:
TRUCKS.
STUFF THAT LOOKS COOL BUT IS BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR.
BLOBS.
NON-DOCTRINAL EMPLACEMENTS.
MOAR TRUCKS.

I sincerely hope new factions aren't coming though. IF they somehow manage to fix the balance in the next balance patch (it would be miraculous), it'd be broken again a few months later, for another year.

YES. TRUCKS :foreveralone:
15 Mar 2015, 14:51 PM

The Brits suffered from a real manpower shortage during the war which resulted in a combat doctrine that was focused on minimizing casualties whenever possible. It might be interesting if the Brits in game received reduced manpower but had ways to recoup it and/or convert munitions/fuel for more similar to how OKW works right now with fuel. They could get a casualty clearing station like in vcoh, for example, but instead of producing zombie tommies it would provide manpower for every casualty collected.
15 Mar 2015, 15:11 PM

I expect the british army to be a part of USF in coh 2. Some british commander abilities and that's it.

Why do i think this? Notice it only says "british commander pack" it the game files, along with OKW, Soviet, Wehrmacht and USF commander packs.

There is no 3rd axis faction mentioned. And having 3 allied factions but only 2 axis factions while plausible, i dont think its going to happen.
15 Mar 2015, 15:31 PM

OP Piat Bren Carrier anyone?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight