Login

russian armor

Schwerer so broken, will it be fixed in the upcoming patch?

PAGES (19)down
17 Mar 2015, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 09:25 AMPorygon

I suggest you actually build that Flak emplacement and see how :foreveralone: Amazing :foreveralone: it is, and tell us again.

Of course it's easy to decrew and use against.
But combined that with good environemnt and wires - to protect from nades and approaching infantry - and then it's quite good

At least I had good use of them whenever I decrewed it and used agasint OKW with backup of MG.

And where I said flak is amazing? Point me please. It's useful, good but amazing :huhsign:
17 Mar 2015, 11:00 AM

^ and it will shoot at your so called nice environment and your nice wire, instead of enemy. :foreveralone:
17 Mar 2015, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 11:00 AMPorygon
^ and it will shoot at your so called nice environment and your nice wire. :foreveralone:

No it won't that's why you need good wires and environemnt, not braindead. You can't make wires around it, aye? OKW wires are amazing and anyone should use them for more purposes than blocking roads.

But it does not matter.
Point is that someone said OKW does not have any nondoc defensive structures while OKW has flak, wires, sandbags, mines and with doctrines it's the most defensvie faction.
17 Mar 2015, 11:06 AM

No it won't that's why you need good wires and environemnt, not braindead. You can't make wires around it, aye? OKW wires are amazing and anyone should use them for more purposes than blocking roads.

Sir, you claimed a bugged unit shooting at the ground 80% instead of enemy unit, is good.
I heavily doubt your creditability.

And no joking please, you need the sturmpio fighting, not spending years building shit got destroyed by one mortar shell.
You just say good, how good? You have experience using that piece of shit, successfully defend against, anything? Maybe a single RE, who knows? :foreveralone:

I suggest you actually play more Axis instead of whining against them 24/7. Use your so-called OP stuff, and see how good Allies player counter them, that's the spirit of RTS. Whining does not do anything.
17 Mar 2015, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 11:06 AMPorygon

Sir, you claimed a bugged unit shooting at the ground 80% instead of enemy unit, is good.
I heavily doubt your creditability.

And no joking please, you need the sturmpio fighting, not spending years building shit got destroyed by one mortar shell.
You just say good, how good? You have experience using that piece of shit, successfully defend against, anything? Maybe a single RE, who knows? :foreveralone:

I suggest you actually play more Axis instead of whining against them 24/7. Use your so-called OP stuff, and see how good Allies player counter them, that's the spirit of RTS. Whining does not do anything.

And which stuff is OP according to me? I will shine you, Ive never claimed that Schwerer is OP but I guess you did not notice it.
I claimed that it denies cut off mechanism and it's unfair advantage, but OP?

Or CAS thread - CAS is OK.

The only OP Axis unit in my opinion are Obers so before you say something, think.
If you would think, you would see Im not whining about Axis 24/7 since for example Im for a huge buff for Ost - how is that whining? :lol:

Oh, and the Jadgtoger in the past was OP.
17 Mar 2015, 11:32 AM

Unfair advantage means OP, period.

Spend more time on the game instead of playing words game here. :foreveralone:
17 Mar 2015, 11:42 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 11:32 AMPorygon
Unfair advantage means OP, period.

He is right
17 Mar 2015, 12:33 PM

When playing as OKW against Soviets;

Have you ever had 2 120mms shielded by maxims attack ground on your flak truck?

Have you ever had 1 120mm and 1 ZiS focus down your flak truck?

Have you ever had a squad of shocktroops toss a smoke between them and your flak truck, followed up by two penal satchels?

Have you ever had enemy mortars provide covering smoke on your flak truck, followed by a demo charge/and or AT fire?

Have you ever gone to set your flak truck up, be spotted by the enemy, and have a scout car with a squad of shock troops show up moments later and destroy it before it completes?

OP as fuck, isn't it?

When playing as OKW against USF;

Have you ever had mechanized doc arty one shot your flak truck?

Have you ever had paratroopers masked with riflenade smokes come and place timed demo on your flak truck?

Have you ever had an AT gun supported by a rifle blob bring your truck down to 3/4, and then have major drop his arty to finish it off?

Have you ever had a rifle bazooka blob supported by a Sherman (which initiates the truck first and tanks the hits) destroy your truck?

Have you ever played against Mechanized doctrine that scouts for your trucks with his/her shitty little jeep, and when he finds a truck setting up he/she literally bursts it down in seconds?

OP as fuck, isn't it?

As OKW, have you ever noticed;

You cannot control what the flak truck fires on

You are unable to "lock down" territory if your truck is set up in the only real smart place to put it: your base.

You are unable to win 95% of the time without ober and panther support?

The risk of losing your flak truck by "locking down" a territory far outweighs the benefit of "locking down" that territory?

OP as fuck, isn't it?

Honestly, I agree that the PanzerSchwerer HQ needs to be toned down by both damage and range, but this thing is very fragile, and only fills its roll with extreme efficiency against blobbers; a plus in my book(and probably many of yours, too). I also acknowledge that USF options of dealing with this are fewer than Soviets (any good soviet player should be wishing that his/her opponent deploys their flak truck on the field so that the soviet has all the opportunity it needs to take it down). USF options tend to be a little more expensive, as well. However, just because USF has fewer/more expensive options doesn't necessarily mean that the PanzerSchwerer HQ is OP against USF - let's not forget the extreme disadvantage OKW has early game to a good USF player. Sometimes the only saving grace an OKW player has against USF is a flak truck covering the fuel, which is still a high risk for OKW.

Anyone's inability to deal with this thing efficiently is only understandable if they haven't been playing for very long or are just flat out not very good; that's my opinion, anyways.

Yes, all of you can gawk at my ranks now. OKW fanboi accusations incoming.
17 Mar 2015, 12:46 PM

When playing as OKW against USF;

Have you ever had mechanized doc arty one shot your flak truck?

Whaaaat?
17 Mar 2015, 12:54 PM

Whaaaat?

:megusta:
17 Mar 2015, 12:55 PM

:megusta:

It deals over 50% but it won't kill in one barrage.

Recon's Pathfinders have stronger barrage and still Truck will survive.
17 Mar 2015, 13:41 PM

wall of text

+ 1, but the difference is that I don't see ANY reason for a Flak ht nerf. Because I don't have so manny problems against it, as I explained before. Can't beat it (due to good placement, efficient defense, etc)? Avoid it. Take the rest of the teritorry. And it will fall eventualy. Not necessarely in early or middle game, but in late game.
17 Mar 2015, 14:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lol please call me dad you don't know how hard schewer is to counter you only play okw at top 200 level and know what it's like to have your HQ countered by good players and smart tactics Noobbbb biasssss Kappa

The Schaefer doesn't need to be nerfed but the units protecting it need to be nerfed into the next dimension.
17 Mar 2015, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 13:41 PMJohnnyB

+ 1, but the difference is that I don't see ANY reason for a Flak ht nerf. Because I don't have so manny problems against it, as I explained before. Can't beat it (due to good placement, efficient defense, etc)? Avoid it. Take the rest of the teritorry. And it will fall eventualy. Not necessarely in early or middle game, but in late game.

1) Doesn't work in large game modes.
2) "Avoid it" is an option, but I fear that you will FIGHT for second fuel point, while LEAVING first fuel to OKW player uncontested.

Again, I want to say that I've successfuly dealt with Schwerer many times.
So why I think it is broken?

I just don't see any reason why WFA factions get something free with teching even though it is cheaper than vanilla ones have.
I'm sure that LT is the main reason of such early advantage for USF against Wermacht.
17 Mar 2015, 14:44 PM

I just don't see any reason why WFA factions get something free with teching even though it is cheaper than vanilla ones have.

I can give you many reasons for that:

1. WFA factions need to be a little OP so people buy WFA (no surprise, isn't it hehehe) :P;
2. Because factions need to be so much different one related to other that being one of the main reasons for which we all love COH in general: in order to efficiently use a faction you must totally change your way of thinking compared to faction you played before;
3. Because... ASYMETRICAL BALANCE. :rolleyes:;
4. Because they don't have only advantages but also DISadvantages like resources income penalty (OKW), paper armor (USF) and so on.

And the list can continue...

P.S. Remind me of some SOVIET faction disadvantages 'cause I can't find any...:rolleyes:
17 Mar 2015, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 10:06 AMJorad
This is going nowhere.

as always
17 Mar 2015, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 14:44 PMJohnnyB

P.S. Remind me of some SOVIET faction disadvantages 'cause I can't find any...:rolleyes:

Crap Tech over reliance on commanders. Only being able to afford half your line up. Which leads to the over reliance and predictability. If you see Snipers Expect Guards if you Shocks expect IS2/B4 etc etc.

No fortifications. Worst scaling core infantry in game. Lots of side grade costs. Soviets get the LEAST out of teching of any faction including Ostheer.
17 Mar 2015, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 14:44 PMJohnnyB

I can give you many reasons for that:

1. WFA factions need to be a little OP so people buy WFA (no surprise, isn't it hehehe) :P;
2. Because factions need to be so much different one related to other that being one of the main reasons for which we all love COH in general: in order to efficiently use a faction you must totally change your way of thinking compared to faction you played before;
3. Because... ASYMETRICAL BALANCE. :rolleyes:;
4. Because they don't have only advantages but also DISadvantages like resources income penalty (OKW), paper armor (USF) and so on.

And the list can continue...

Youre playing with half the non doctrinal army most of the time due to expensive tech costs. And you have the worst scaling basic and core infantry in the game.
17 Mar 2015, 15:18 PM

Here you have all the advantages of every faction:

17 Mar 2015, 15:27 PM

Australian Magic you do realize the flak emplacement only has 2 crew members and if one dies it decrews right? It's horrible for how much it costs in a fuel starved faction.

It's retardedly easy to kill, and it just gives your enemy a free flak emplacement, not to mention the fact that you can simply smoke it and run right up to it with shocks, or just rush it with cons since it's widely inaccurate thanks to the world geometry always getting in the way.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS