Login

russian armor

Proposal - Slowing down the heavies.

13 Mar 2015, 06:41 AM

[...]
Still, said abilities should be on the KT and Tiger, both should have an ability that increases their ROF (or range maybe?) at the cost of a heavy amount of muni.

:facepalm:
13 Mar 2015, 07:15 AM

:facepalm:

I meant shouldn't instead of should, didn't catch that spelling error.

Both don't need a option to insta increase accel and speed, but having an option for the KT that increases ROF at the cost of a heavy amount of munitions makes more sense.

Although I'm open to suggestions as to what the Vet 1 abilities should be.
13 Mar 2015, 07:32 AM
Donator 22

It could even be enough to give them a super slow reverse gear. The result would be similar.

And it would add the fun of deciding whether to turn your Tiger around and try to get home while getting your ass torn to pieces by Shermans or to reverse slowly.
13 Mar 2015, 07:42 AM

yes pls
13 Mar 2015, 07:46 AM

It could even be enough to give them a super slow reverse gear. The result would be similar.

And it would add the fun of deciding whether to turn your Tiger around and try to get home while getting your ass torn to pieces by Shermans or to reverse slowly.

This isn't actually possible with the game engine.
13 Mar 2015, 07:52 AM

This is already reflected in game, heavies have slightly lower MAX speeds, but they all have extremely shit acceleration. For instance, the KV1 has the same speed as the T34, but it has far less acceleration so you will only rarely see it at that speed.

The reason Blitzkrieg and Overclock are so powerful is they let you reach your max speed quickly, as opposed to waiting for acceleration.

Apparently thread isn't obvious enough that it isn't about KV-1.
Also, since you seem to not know this, blietz INCREASES SPEED and decreases chances to get hit.

Slowing down heavies where mediums can actually outrun them would be one of the nice ideas.
Heavies basically need anything for a disadvantage so there actually is a point and alternative to make mediums.

Also, the poll seems like it was made by a woman for a woman(the stereotypical one, no offense ladies)

-Do you agree or disagree?
-Yes
-Yes what? Agree or disagree?
-Yes
13 Mar 2015, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 07:52 AMKatitof

Also, the poll seems like it was made by a woman for a woman(the stereotypical one, no offense ladies)

-Do you agree or disagree?
-Yes
-Yes what? Agree or disagree?
-Yes

I'm sorry my poll making skills is not up to your high standard of excellence.
13 Mar 2015, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 07:52 AMKatitof

Apparently thread isn't obvious enough that it isn't about KV-1.
Also, since you seem to not know this, blietz INCREASES SPEED and decreases chances to get hit.

Slowing down heavies where mediums can actually outrun them would be one of the nice ideas.
Heavies basically need anything for a disadvantage so there actually is a point and alternative to make mediums.

You ponce, you have no idea how acceleration and max speed works. Most tanks in this game have similar speed but heavies have lower acceleration. The reason they take the same amount of time to reach top speed is that they have lower top speeds.

T34: Max speed is 6.5 but it's acceleration is 2.3 so it will reach it's max speed in 2.8 seconds.

KV1: Max speed is 5.1 but it's acceleration is 1.6 so it will reach it's max speed in 3.1 seconds.

Tiger: Max speed is 4.7 but it's acceleration is 1.5 so it will reach it's max speed in 3.1 seconds.

PIV: Max speed of 6.3 but it's acceleration is 2.1 so it will reach it's max speed in exactly 3 seconds.

IS2: Max speed of 5 but it's acceleration is 1.7 so it will reach it's max speed in exactly 2.9 seconds

The KT is the biggest outlier here, with a whooping 3.8 max speed and a acceleration of 1.4, so it's not really going anywhere fast.

A nerf to heavies movement speed would literally change nothing except for allowing them to hit their max speed quicker. And most heavies never hit full burn anyway due to the amount of world objects they normally need to path around or deal with.
13 Mar 2015, 08:07 AM

The secret here is to remove abilities like Blitz and Overclock from heavy tanks, and to increase the acceleration of medium tanks in order for mediums to have an edge over heavy tanks rather than making a pointless change like reducing heavy max speed which does nothing but allow the heavy tank hit it's speed cap faster.

And again, coming from the boohoo allied crowd this change seems rather insane considering it would kneecap the IS2 and KV1 which actually have fairly decent top speed.
13 Mar 2015, 08:09 AM

And again, coming from the boohoo allied crowd this change seems rather insane considering it would kneecap the IS2 and KV1 which actually have fairly decent top speed.

Wow, you really are stuck in fanboy land aren't you.
13 Mar 2015, 08:20 AM

Wow, you really are stuck in fanboy land aren't you.

I didn't know understanding how numbers and game mechanics actually work is fan boy land. The IS2 will reach it's top speed .1 seconds faster than a medium tank like the PIV will, and the KV1 has the highest top speed of any heavy tank in the game (not counting the Panther which is in a league of it's own).

The way to stop the "stall for heavies" meta is to make heavies very hard to replace or at least, not able to be stalled for.

For OKW you need to make every tier building and then save, for Soviets and Ostheer it's just slap t1 - t2 down and you have all the units you need to handle things till call in tanks hit the field.

EDIT: The point of my post was to highlight how you always bitch about Axis being OP, but you want to nerf allied units the most!
13 Mar 2015, 08:30 AM

Do you know how much of an insanely huge nerf it would be to give the IS2 3.5 or even 3 max speed. Oustruppen could run the same speed as your tank, have fun with your IS2 being instantly smashed apart by Jadgtiger's and Elefants and Pak43s because your IS2 now moves at walking speed and takes half a century to get out of a dangerous situation.

You know hitting a mine or getting snared is a death sentence for a KT? Because it get's so bloody slow that you can never bring it back from the front in time to repair it, you will be surrounded and cut off instantly if your enemy has any sense. The KT speed wise is working as intended because of it's cost/armor/health balance. It's slow because it deserves to be.

The IS2 does not deserve to drive like it needs to keep slow for grandma so she doesn't break a hip.
13 Mar 2015, 08:39 AM

I'm sorry my poll making skills is not up to your high standard of excellence.

Well, I placed my vote, just found the question formed in a funny way.
Contrary to the popular belief, not all of my comments are negative.
13 Mar 2015, 08:42 AM

You ponce, you have no idea how acceleration and max speed works. Most tanks in this game have similar speed but heavies have lower acceleration. The reason they take the same amount of time to reach top speed is that they have lower top speeds.

T34: Max speed is 6.5 but it's acceleration is 2.3 so it will reach it's max speed in 2.8 seconds.

KV1: Max speed is 5.1 but it's acceleration is 1.6 so it will reach it's max speed in 3.1 seconds.

Tiger: Max speed is 4.7 but it's acceleration is 1.5 so it will reach it's max speed in 3.1 seconds.

PIV: Max speed of 6.3 but it's acceleration is 2.1 so it will reach it's max speed in exactly 3 seconds.

IS2: Max speed of 5 but it's acceleration is 1.7 so it will reach it's max speed in exactly 2.9 seconds

The KT is the biggest outlier here, with a whooping 3.8 max speed and a acceleration of 1.4, so it's not really going anywhere fast.

A nerf to heavies movement speed would literally change nothing except for allowing them to hit their max speed quicker. And most heavies never hit full burn anyway due to the amount of world objects they normally need to path around or deal with.

Daaayumn, are you a detective or something? Perhaps a wizard?
THAT IS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT! TOO MUCH SPEED! It doesn't matter if it takes you 2 or 5 secods to reach max speed, you will still catch up to mediums with heavies unless you use ele, ISU or JT, which don't have to chase anything down DUUUUH.

And regarding your next bullshit post, KV-1 is as much of a heavy as panther, there is not a single reason except hardcore axis fanboyism why it should be affected as well and obviously it would affect IS-2 as well, while soviets still have viable alternatives, IS-2 is still the way to go as it combines somewhat OK firepower, armor and SPEED which makes it no brainer choice over mediums, JUST LIKE IN AXIS CASE FOR TIGERS or KTs.

Let me remind you what the thread is about-giving heavies an actual MEANINGFUL and EXPLOITABLE disadvantage over mediums.
13 Mar 2015, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 08:42 AMKatitof

Daaayumn, are you a detective or something? Perhaps a wizard?
THAT IS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT! TOO MUCH SPEED! It doesn't matter if it takes you 2 or 5 secods to reach max speed, you will still catch up to mediums with heavies unless you use ele, ISU or JT, which don't have to chase anything down DUUUUH.

What tank, exactly do you think is to fast for you? The IS2? The KV1? Or the Tiger? Because neither of those tanks can go as fast as medium tanks can, and they all reach the same speed mediums do slower.

I'm very in favor in making mediums faster, what I am NOT in favor of is making heavies slower unless they get a buff to health or armor.

The KT can afford to be only slightly faster than infantry because it has a butt load of armor and health, the IS2 cannot afford to max out at walking speed.

13 Mar 2015, 08:48 AM

What tank, exactly do you think is to fast for you? The IS2? The KV1? Or the Tiger? Because neither of those tanks can go as fast as medium tanks can, and they all reach the same speed mediums do slower.

I'm very in favor in making mediums faster, what I am NOT in favor of is making heavies slower unless they get a buff to health or armor.

The KT can afford to be only slightly faster than infantry because it has a butt load of armor and health, the IS2 cannot afford to max out at walking speed.

It doesn't matter as both IS-2 and Tiger can catch up to mediums and destroy them before they will get out of range if there isn't AT gun wall discouraging chase.

And since I'm literally arguing a brick wall here, this is where I stop, I made my point, just because this bullet doesn't penetrate your thick skull and gets to you doesn't mean its not accurate, exactly the same with you arguing MarcoRossolini.

And last but not least, making mediums faster=easier infantry crushing. Want that? Slower heavies? God forbids you would be punished for overextending!
13 Mar 2015, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 08:48 AMKatitof

It doesn't matter as both IS-2 and Tiger can catch up to mediums and destroy them before they will get out of range if there isn't AT gun wall discouraging chase.

And since I'm literally arguing a brick wall here, this is where I stop, I made my point, just because this bullet doesn't penetrate your thick skull and gets to you doesn't mean its not accurate, exactly the same with you arguing MarcoRossolini.

And last but not least, making mediums faster=easier infantry crushing. Want that? Slower heavies? God forbids you would be punished for overextending!

What heavies do you want to be slower? Because the IS2 and Tiger are already slower and have less acceleration than medium tanks. And the KT has half the top speed of the T34.

So unless your micro is so bad that your working on a 5 second delay, should not be getting run down by tanks with a top speed that is half of yours. And the IS2 doesn't even have blitz to accelerate itself up to top speed!

I don't mind taking away stupid shit like blitz, but your not actually making a sensible point here, your just irrationally angry with out any idea how the game actually functions. And the minute that your IS2's started instantly dying to Pak43's and Jadgtigers because you accelerate and drive at a literal snails pace you would be the first person to come to the forums to bitch about it.
13 Mar 2015, 09:28 AM

You are running circles like a dog chasing mindlessly his tail.
Go reread first post.

Keep rereading it and give it time for the osmosis to take place, where information from environment of greater density(first post) will slowly transfer to the environment of lesser density(your head).

You are asking exactly the same question over and over like some kind of retard when everyone tells you everything like you were a 5-year old and you end up acting like you have Alzheimer disease.

If you are not purposely trolling everyone here, then you really are both really stubborn and really stupid.
Neo
13 Mar 2015, 09:34 AM

I think heavies should be slowed down in terms of when they arrive in the game, rather than physically.

KT is actually very balanced because you have to tech and it comes either very late or as a consequence of extreme map dominance. You cannot "hold out" for a KT.

This is not true for Soviet/OST heavy tanks with whole doctrines designed around avoiding teching beyond T2 (Mechanized Assault and Shock Rifle being prime examples).

I think the long term solution to this issue is to tie all call-ins to tech, thereby extending the midgame and forcing players to actually transition from medium tanks to late-game super heavies rather than skipping the mediums altogether.
13 Mar 2015, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 09:28 AMKatitof
You are running circles like a dog chasing mindlessly his tail.
Go reread first post.

Keep rereading it and give it time for the osmosis to take place, where information from environment of greater density(first post) will slowly transfer to the environment of lesser density(your head).

You are asking exactly the same question over and over like some kind of retard when everyone tells you everything like you were a 5-year old and you end up acting like you have Alzheimer disease.

If you are not purposely trolling everyone here, then you really are both really stubborn and really stupid.

He said he thought that heavy tanks need to be slower, and the IS2 needs to have it's speed reduced more than the KT's. What exactly about that thought is not insane considering a reduction to a max speed of 3 would allow a Volk shrek blob to chase a bloody tank around the map because said tank can't go faster than walking speed.

To close: what is your pooooooooint.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
United States 2
Germany 682
United States 63

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L