Login

russian armor

20-30 crashes?! Come on Relic!

13 Mar 2015, 10:45 AM

The AA HT's range is the entire map, there is no using special positioning of planes to avoid AA.

A unit that comes in at under 10 minutes shouldn't make 3/5 abilities of the commander literally unable to be used.

High reward, high risk.

Right now it's high reward, high bonus, no risk.

And the commander should not be uncounterable.
13 Mar 2015, 10:45 AM
Patrion 14

So people who use anti-air to counter an air doctrine are stupid because obviously the planes will drop and wanting to use anti-air to counter air is inherently stupid and we should not want to change it but rather take all the beating we can get, having to deal with all the strenghts of a doctrine employed against us while not being able to benefit from its weaknesses?

Alex, since you are physically incapable of comprehending how harmful a mechanic is as long as it is beneficiary to axis, let me put it in a different way that you might understand.

Imagine if IS2s were loaded with nuclear bombs. When ever an IS2 is destroyed, it goes out of control, speeds forward with a speed of a ramming t34, and explodes at the end with the strength of a B4.

Then you build a PaK43 to destroy IS2s. The IS2 nukes wipe out half your army regularly.

Then we come to this thread and say "hahaha you built a heavy anti-tank gun to counter heavy tanks? You noob! Next time face the PaK43 to look away from the IS2s"

The difference is, our brains would have the decency to pack up and leave our skulls after we said that.
13 Mar 2015, 10:46 AM

I have already said I think plane crashes are stupid lmao
13 Mar 2015, 10:48 AM
Patrion 14

I have already said I think plane crashes are stupid lmao

You also said:
After like the 3rd crash why didn't you just turn off your AA? The strafes can be avoided with out shooting the plane down.

"After like the 3rds Stalin nuke why didn't you just turn your PaK43 to look at your base? The IS2 is slow, it can be avoided without destroying it."
13 Mar 2015, 10:57 AM

You also said:

"After like the 3rds Stalin nuke why didn't you just turn your PaK43 to look at your base? The IS2 is slow, it can be avoided without destroying it."

In the game, as in were you are currently being bombarded by plane crashes, who not just focus on avoiding the strafes (which isn't impossible) instead of shooting the planes down?

Obviously it's broken and stupid but if planes crashes are murdering you then stop bloody shooting the planes down.
13 Mar 2015, 11:04 AM

Ok, I noticed something.

AA mode can prevent even from a strafe, so the plane will go down before strike, which is good, but then AA turns plane into kamikaze plane.

It's good as well. Plane crushes are amazing feature.

But when 2 players spam planes all the time, then it's getting worse, because it like stuka dove bomb every 1min somewhere on the map.

And like I said, without AA mode, it will shoot down planes as well.
13 Mar 2015, 11:15 AM
Patrion 14

Obviously it's broken and stupid but if planes crashes are murdering you then stop bloody shooting the planes down.
I see where you're coming from, but let's all just agree there is something seriously wrong with a game where that phrase can be uttered.

If turning off the AA is the way to not get completely destroyed by a dedicated air power doctrine, then I fucking refuse to turn the AA off. I will build another AA halftrack, get it to vet1, turn its AA mode on as well, stand on my victory point, salute as the squadron of kamikazes comes screaming down to destroy my army, and shed a final defiant tear in memory of the glory days of Company of Heroes.
13 Mar 2015, 11:46 AM

The AA HT's range is the entire map, there is no using special positioning of planes to avoid AA.

A unit that comes in at under 10 minutes shouldn't make 3/5 abilities of the commander literally unable to be used.

Well, dealing with AA when you choose a mostly air-oriented commander is expected, and it's on you only to make that choice. CAS is great, but you can't possibly hope that players will do something different than getting AA.
13 Mar 2015, 11:51 AM

I see where you're coming from, but let's all just agree there is something seriously wrong with a game where that phrase can be uttered.

If turning off the AA is the way to not get completely destroyed by a dedicated air power doctrine, then I fucking refuse to turn the AA off. I will build another AA halftrack, get it to vet1, turn its AA mode on as well, stand on my victory point, salute as the squadron of kamikazes comes screaming down to destroy my army, and shed a final defiant tear in memory of the glory days of Company of Heroes.

Well, that might just deserve a movie.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment