Login

russian armor

ostheer CAS overperforming.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
11 Mar 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 13:19 PMJohnnyB

Allied cannot bring anything to compete with german late war technology. If you are showing me this, I'm going to show you this little fellow:

IIRC, the LA-7 and the Yak-9 series were the only planes that could challenge the late war German BF-109 and FW-190. The 262 wasn't really seen much at that time.
11 Mar 2015, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 13:27 PMsteel
IIRC, the LA-7 and the Yak-9 series were the only planes that could challenge the late war German BF-109 and FW-190. The 262 wasn't really seen much at that time.

FW-190 and BF-109 could be challenged by Mustangs too, no secret about it. But we were talking here about late war technology, and ME-262 means late war technology. And the examples can continue:D but I don't wanna piss off allied fanboys to much.
11 Mar 2015, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 13:19 PMJohnnyB

Allied cannot bring anything to compete with german late war technology. If you are showing me this, I'm going to show you this little fellow:

Yet somehow US air force had no problems engaging and taking them down. Sure, axis had advantage in speed, but not in turn or general maneuverability when it comes to 262.

And by allies I mean americans(mustangs), because soviets didn't really put heavy importance on air support.

And lets not ignore the numerical difference.
So yea, allies could handle them perfectly well.
11 Mar 2015, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 14:41 PMJohnnyB

FW-190 and BF-109 could be challenged by Mustangs too, no secret about it. But we were talking here about late war technology, and ME-262 means late war technology. And the examples can continue:D but I don't wanna piss off allied fanboys to much.
Fair enough. :D
11 Mar 2015, 15:25 PM

The coolest Jet plane of the war wasn't the ME-262, it was this bad boy

Would be cool if OKW's Luftwaffe commander actually used the Luft's cool late war planes instead of just regular Stuka's :snfBarton:
11 Mar 2015, 15:27 PM

Don't forget to add Haunebu CAS too. And Silbervogel bombing run
11 Mar 2015, 15:37 PM

Wasnt the whole point of OBK to be a "prototype" faction? Yet they seemt o field a large collection of stuff that was general issue like panthers and Panzer II's and their core infantry are Volksgrenadier........
11 Mar 2015, 15:56 PM

Wasnt the whole point of OBK to be a "prototype" faction? Yet they seemt o field a large collection of stuff that was general issue like panthers and Panzer II's and their core infantry are Volksgrenadier........

Actually the concept of OKW was the ardenes campaign and last german push where armored core was made of StuGs and Panthers. Then relic said "fuck it, WUNDERWAFFEN LOLZ" and we ended up with sturmtiger, kingtiger, jagdtiger and obers holding MG34 with heat seeking rounds.
11 Mar 2015, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 15:56 PMKatitof

Actually the concept of OKW was the ardenes campaign and last german push where armored core was made of StuGs and Panthers. Then relic said "fuck it, WUNDERWAFFEN LOLZ" and we ended up with sturmtiger, kingtiger, jagdtiger and obers holding MG34 with heat seeking rounds.

Sturmtigers, King Tigers, and Jadgtigers were all used in the Battle of the Bulge, and the StuG WAS going to be in OKW but was later removed.

OKW's core being Panthers is actually what you see most in game, KT's and JT's you will never normally see more than 1 of unless your in a 3v3 or 4v4. Sturmtigers are the least built in in the game.

Obers are retarded tho I agree.
11 Mar 2015, 16:19 PM

StuG WAS going to be in OKW but was later removed.

isn't result the most important part of designing something?
11 Mar 2015, 16:21 PM

Sturmtigers, King Tigers, and Jadgtigers were all used in the Battle of the Bulge, and the StuG WAS going to be in OKW but was later removed.

OKW's core being Panthers is actually what you see most in game, KT's and JT's you will never normally see more than 1 of unless your in a 3v3 or 4v4. Sturmtigers are the least built in in the game.

Obers are retarded tho I agree.

I don't know about you but I get far more mileage out of my Sturmtiger than I do from my SU-76.

In 2v2 and above, if you have other sources of AT handily available, Sturmtiger is incredible. It's also incredibly fun to use. If it were an Allied unit (not saying that would make sense, I just mean the concept and role of the unit), it would be used all the time. OKW is spoiled and it has access to best of everything, and with Stuka around the corner, you rarely truly feel that a Sturmtiger would be better. But it's good and in my opinion, worth having next to Stuka.
11 Mar 2015, 16:22 PM

isn't result the most important part of designing something?

Relic decided medium tanks went against "OKW's design philosophy" but then one wonders why we have the Jadgpanzer then...
11 Mar 2015, 16:23 PM

I don't know about you but I get far more mileage out of my Sturmtiger than I do from my SU-76.

In 2v2 and above, if you have other sources of AT handily available, Sturmtiger is incredible. It's also incredibly fun to use. If it were an Allied unit (not saying that would make sense, I just mean the concept and role of the unit), it would be used all the time. OKW is spoiled and it has access to best of everything, and with Stuka around the corner, you rarely truly feel that a Sturmtiger would be better. But it's good and in my opinion, worth having next to Stuka.

Most people don't use the Sturmtiger because it requires micro.
11 Mar 2015, 16:29 PM

What micro? It's huge steel can that fires and doing nothing for next XX seconds.

When compare to Jackson, Scott or Sherman it does not need any micro.

Even if you expose it to AT, it will survive without problems.

You can only use it as scarecrow most of the time, but it's not a micro when you look at USF
11 Mar 2015, 16:30 PM

Relic decided medium tanks went against "OKW's design philosophy" but then one wonders why we have the Jadgpanzer then...

No. When you defend a sentence that sturmtigers, KTs and others were used in the ardennes so they can be ingame, and then give to understanding that Stugs were very common at that place and time but lol, why to include them, then there is something very wrong, both in Relic HQ and your head
11 Mar 2015, 16:30 PM

Well nothing of value is lost. Enough people stack on OKW, if they don't want to pay the slightest bit of micro to its most fun, unique and actually good unit, too bad.

I'm not denying it may be a bit impractical for 1v1, but 2v2 and above it's a beast. It doesn't even take that much micro.
11 Mar 2015, 16:33 PM

What micro? It's huge steel can that fires and doing nothing for next XX seconds.

When compare to Jackson, Scott or Sherman it does not need any micro.

Even if you expose it to AT, it will survive without problems.

Most people generally won't just sit and wait for you to fire the main gun at them, so you need to be smart with using it. Sighting for it, shooting through shot blockers, ect.

It requires more micro because it's hard to hit things with it, not because it's fragile. What else, exactly is your explanation for it being the least built unit in the game?

No. When you defend a sentence that sturmtigers, KTs and others were used in the ardennes so they can be ingame, and then give to understanding that Stugs were very common at that place and time but lol, why to include them, then there is something very wrong, both in Relic HQ and your head

I never said StuG's shouldn't be included, but KTs, Sturmtigers, and JT's have more than a place in OKW. Maybe if we got the StuG then players would have more options rather than less.

Relic are the ones who said OKW can't have anything between Heavies and Lights, I personally think that's retarded.
11 Mar 2015, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 15:56 PMKatitof

lol thats funny, I guess even this new design concept isnt too bad in theory but horrible execution especially the Tiger II and sturmtiger being stock units.....
11 Mar 2015, 16:43 PM

lol thats funny, I guess even this new design concept isnt too bad in theory but horrible execution especially the Tiger II and sturmtiger being stock units.....

I think it would be fine if we had STUG in place of Panther actually. That would make Command Panther unique too.
11 Mar 2015, 16:44 PM

Most people generally won't just sit and wait for you to fire the main gun at them, so you need to be smart with using it. Sighting for it, shooting through shot blockers, ect.

It requires more micro because it's hard to hit things with it, not because it's fragile. What else, exactly is your explanation for it being the least built unit in the game?

Put it behind something what blocks sight and wait for blob. I don't see any micro.
I guess you have bad knowledge what micro is.

Take a Sherman and kitting Volks, all the time you need short reverses.
Same for M8.
And while doing this, you need to use your infantry as well.
Or Jackson. Move, shoot, fall back, attak through flank, coordinate it with infantry.

Sturmtiger does not need even half of that micro.
It's the least built unit not because of micro but because of utility.
It won't save you from 3 Shermans but Panther will.
It won't save you from blob cause it's very easy to avoid.

The only time Sturmtiger is useful is when you are playing agasint total newbie or when your enemy is blobbing hard, and you hide Sturmtiger behind something so we wont see and them boom, blob vanished.

But this does not need a micro.
Keeping unit behind and waiting for enemy.
It's like you would say that Jadgtiger needs micro. It just sits and snipes.

OKW unit which needs a micro is for example Puma but nor Sturmtiger.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS